1 2 3
hotrodlarry
hotrodlarry New Reader
10/21/08 8:28 p.m.

Sporster... eh, I thought so. I've always been interested in flat track motorcycle racing.. wasn't surprised at the results.

oldsaw
oldsaw New Reader
10/21/08 9:12 p.m.

I should get an FJR 1300?

Low on moxie, high on zeal and middlin on pomp, and the result was the same even after I factored my age, i.e. long past "young".

If I was in the market I'd be leaning toward a used SV650S, Ninja 650R or (with higher skills and dollars) an Interceptor 750 - that plastic ain't cheap to replace.

OTOH, an upgraded '83-'84 GPZ 750 would make me break out into a sweat.

Luke
Luke Dork
10/21/08 9:27 p.m.

Ducati Monster I'd say that's fairly damn accurate.

Rex, un-tick the box and you don't have to subscribe to anything.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy New Reader
10/21/08 9:52 p.m.
aircooled wrote: Arggg! It put me on a Harley Sportster (even after I specifically stated I did NOT want Harley as a result) then proceeded to tell me what a joke that motorcycle is.... ...tell me something I don't already know (believe). The scales appear to be based on the fact that they believe motorcycle riding is all about projecting you attitude to the world. Come on now, not everybody rides a Harley or a Hayabusa. I am guessing there is no result that is along the lines of "some old classic (non Harley) bike"

Yeah, it put me on a POS 883 sportster too. and I also said no Harley. If it said buell I would have been satisfied, if it said xlcr or xr 1200 I would have laughed and said I'll take it anyway. I guess they don't have a question to pinpoint two smokes, modded beamers or adventure touring bikes. thats my tastes in bikes.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp HalfDork
10/21/08 10:06 p.m.

yeah see I would choose the Ducati Monster over the R1

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
10/21/08 10:17 p.m.

YZF-R1 here. not bad, i guess. If I were to buy a bike today though, I would get a Ducati Hypermotard.

PHeller
PHeller Reader
10/21/08 10:18 p.m.

Woot! For some reason I got this:

Triumph Speed Triple

You scored 8 moxie, 5 zeal, and -4 pomp!

Triumph Speed Triple You, Sir, are a Hooligan. You have a bit of an attitude, and you don't care what people think about it. Your idea of a good time is seeing how far you can carry a wheelie between lanes of traffic. You crash a lot, but that's part of the fun, isn't it? Anyone who doesn't like it can sod off.

Your weapon is the Triumph Speed Triple, a powerful and godawful ugly bike that fits your personality perfectly.

Yet, I consciously tried to avoid saying that I'd want or do anything crazy.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy New Reader
10/21/08 10:20 p.m.
PHeller wrote: Woot! For some reason I got this: Triumph Speed Triple You scored 8 moxie, 5 zeal, and -4 pomp! Triumph Speed Triple You, Sir, are a Hooligan. You have a bit of an attitude, and you don't care what people think about it. Your idea of a good time is seeing how far you can carry a wheelie between lanes of traffic. You crash a lot, but that's part of the fun, isn't it? Anyone who doesn't like it can sod off. Your weapon is the Triumph Speed Triple, a powerful and godawful ugly bike that fits your personality perfectly. Yet, I consciously tried to avoid saying that I'd want or do anything crazy.

You are the man! I'm jelous

rebelgtp
rebelgtp HalfDork
10/21/08 10:26 p.m.

yeah see the triple would be chosen over anything else mentioned in here so far.

Luke
Luke Dork
10/21/08 10:34 p.m.

To get the Monster, you have to score high in the pomp department (9). It also called me a well-adjusted snob.

In actual fact, my 'dream' bike would be a classic Duc, or some smokey, rickety, British piece of crap, an old BSA or something.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp HalfDork
10/21/08 10:39 p.m.

I've always thought this one would be fun. It has a 750cc V8, there is a 1000cc version as well.

skierd
skierd Dork
10/21/08 10:42 p.m.

5 moxie, 13 zeal, and -2 pomp, ended up with an FJR1300. "You have the characteristics of a master street rider. On the way to work, your love for riding sometimes leads you to take the long way. The 50-miles-of-back-roads long way. You live for the perfect road, and plan vacations around riding.

You need a bike that can handle your addiction to the twisties as well as comfortably carry two on a weekend trip through the mountains. Your bike is the FJR1300. Can I borrow it someday? "

Close to what I'm considering I guess, but not really (thinking a dual sport).

noisycricket
noisycricket New Reader
10/21/08 10:55 p.m.

I scored a FJR1300.

Which, to my eyes, looks like a Gold Wing for someone who doesn't want that kind of image. Kind of the crossover SUV of the motorcycle world.

Blech.

I want an old two stroke, or a turbo bike. Something unusual, doesn't have to be super powerful. No long trips desired.

A rotary powered Norton would be neat, too.

noisycricket
noisycricket New Reader
10/21/08 10:57 p.m.
Woody wrote: You need a bike that can handle your addiction to the twisties

Rule of thumb: Any mention of "the twisties" marks the speaker as someone who cannot drive, and presumably also ride.

It's like the Godwin's Law of motor vehicles.

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior New Reader
10/21/08 11:25 p.m.

Lol....FJ1300 ...I guess there's no option for "Beat up Honda CB350 cafe racer project" Speaking of which, I need to get back to putting that back together.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
10/22/08 4:38 a.m.
Jensenman wrote: Bogus test. 4 moxie, 5 zeal, 5 pomp, and I should ride a Harley. After answering the 'would you ride a Harley' question as 'hell, no'. Me, I'd rather be on a KTM Adventure, preferably the 640.

Jensenman + harley = hilarity..

Wow that made my day at 5:38am....

therex
therex SuperDork
10/22/08 6:21 a.m.
Luke wrote: Ducati Monster I'd say that's fairly damn accurate. Rex, un-tick the box and you don't have to subscribe to anything.

I tried that but it still was like "Oh, you wanted to sign up for an account, awesome! Just put in your information!"

Fail. :(

Duke
Duke Dork
10/22/08 8:06 a.m.
therex wrote: I would love to have known what I got but I'm not signing up for any dumb E36 M3.

You don't have to sign up for anything. Just uncheck the box at the end. Here are my results:

Suzuki VStrom

You scored -3 moxie, 5 zeal, and -4 pomp!

Suzuki VStrom You have the traits of a sensible and effective rider, with an utter lack of concern for image, so you should feel comfortable riding a sensible, effective, and hideous bike like the VStrom.

You are the rider most likely to Rhino-Coat your bike for the sake of practicality.

I agree with whoever said above that this test assumes that all bikers ride for the image first. That's stupid.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/22/08 8:19 a.m.

Yamaha FJR1300 A little bigger than I was thinking, it seems to be the perfect bike for someone who hasn't got Moxie (Was this test writen in 1947, Remember kids, Lucky Strikes are the answer to the dreaded Lung Fever)

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/22/08 9:03 a.m.

Whoa weird results. 8 moxie, 0 zeal, 6 pomp and some bike called an Aprilia RSV Mille that I'd never buy with my own money. I was hoping for an R6, especially because I'd far prefer an I4 to a V-twin.

Mowog
Mowog New Reader
10/22/08 10:12 a.m.

Your bike is the Yamaha YZF R1. It was a close decision with the Suzuki GSXR1000, but your personality seemed a bit more R1-ish. (But hey, I could be wrong. Its only a silly test.)

Moxie 6, Zeal 10, Pomp 2

I actually ride a Honda VTX 1800C.

donalson
donalson SuperDork
10/22/08 10:26 a.m.

has me on a fjz1300, 1 on moxie, 15 on zeal, 0 on pomp,

You have the characteristics of a master street rider. On the way to work, your love for riding sometimes leads you to take the long way. The 50-miles-of-back-roads long way. You live for the perfect road, and plan vacations around riding. You need a bike that can handle your addiction to the twisties as well as comfortably carry two on a weekend trip through the mountains. Your bike is the FJR1300. Can I borrow it someday?

I can dig it... but i'm easy to please... heck i'd take a harley sportster even... i loved my older katana, and love the sv650 and the new 650 ninja :) KLR650r is also up there on the list of want to owns...

therex
therex SuperDork
10/22/08 1:30 p.m.

I did it from work, and it worked...something funky about the firefox setup at home.

4 on moxie 7 on zeal 0 on pomp

Which puts me in an FJR. Seems kind of big for my style, but not totally wrong.

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Reader
10/22/08 1:35 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: Whoa weird results. 8 moxie, 0 zeal, 6 pomp and some bike called an Aprilia RSV Mille that I'd never buy with my own money. I was hoping for an R6, especially because I'd far prefer an I4 to a V-twin.

Why wouldn't you want a Aprilia RSV Mille?!? That is one of the best handling bikes available.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/22/08 2:24 p.m.

Well if I had a chance to pick a bike for free it would get a chance...but it's ZOMGEXPENSIVE, has a lot more displacement than I need, I'd prefer a zingy I4 to a choppy V2 and the looks don't appeal to me that much (relative to other sportbikes, after a quick look-through I think the 2005 model is the best looking).

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mNRzbm2UABRKNjPjDAtN3mf1he6hILuMLUDs6MFVOhPEAoFRVcx8qMNhWePsoPkA