1 2 3
nocarbud
nocarbud New Reader
9/17/09 11:57 p.m.

oh my... that's a big boy toy! I likes alot! The planes are dad's, and he hasn't really done anything on them in a long time... he had an accident back in 94 and lost his medical, so he can't fly, can't ride bikes, can't drive. That's how he got into the old tractors. can't go too fast or too high. My sister is a CFI and has been talking about getting the Luscombe back in the air, but I doubt that will happen for a while.

ZOOMX5
ZOOMX5 New Reader
9/18/09 12:07 a.m.

That is too bad he lost his medical, because the Luscombe can be certified under sport pilot rules. If you have been turned down, or already lost your medical you still can't fly sport aircraft. Maybe your sis can get them in the air, aircraft aren't dead until they are in a museum!

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Dork
9/18/09 12:07 a.m.
nocarbud wrote: In reply to friedgreencorrado: its called a cleco. kind of like a clamp to hold the two pieces of metal together until you put the rivets in. http://www.panamericantool.com/products.cfm the special pliers push in the silver end, the other end extends out and you put that end in the hole in the metal. when you release the pliers, the end expands and holds the two pieces of metal together. a temporary rivet if you will...

It holds the skin on the frame while you're working on everything else, so that if you have to go back in there, you don't have to drill rivets & risk ruining the skin, right? Way cool.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KIZK0nYYzuPyqABFtICZdKfE4fm4uyvh2YlkJe9urRblWhCsOhrxQi8VDAmaMQWJ