1 2
PseudoSport
PseudoSport Dork
12/28/18 10:03 a.m.

My wife got me a neon Datsun sign! Need to find a good spot for it above my workbench.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
12/28/18 6:49 p.m.

The Mrs and I got ourselves a dishwasher for Christmas, because the old one punked out about December 1.  Fortunately, we hadn't already spent a bunch on Christmas for each other.  It's actually turned out to be kind of nice, because we can converse when it's running.  The old one sounded like a Harrier jet was landing in the kitchen.

My favorite gift that I got for someone else was picking up one of these for Kazoo Jr.  1/3 scale, metal, functioning replica:

Image result for goatguns ar-15

Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado Dork
12/28/18 8:05 p.m.

I got a single burner bum warmer and it is amazing.  I haven't had heat in the shed for roughly 4 years.

It's also coming racing with me.  I think there's a competitive advantage in being able to feel your feet when racing motorcycles.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
12/28/18 9:07 p.m.

My favorite is the cook book "Salt Fat Acid Heat" by Samin Nosrat. I really enjoyed the series on Netflux and so far the book is awesome. It's more about how to be a chef than how to follow a recipe. I love to cook and do all the cooking for the household.

Of course I bought myself a truck and bought SWMBO and I both new recliners, both of which are pretty nice.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/29/18 8:22 a.m.

Santa is testing my patience with two tiny airplane models <4". All chrome metal, no glue orsoldering.

My son got me Burl wood (vinyl) for the wagon.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
12/29/18 10:33 a.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

I tried an R2D2 and I'm normally pretty savvy with little detail work, I gave up in frustration.  Good luck to you, I found my ship USS Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71 and trying to talk myself into trying to build it.

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
12/29/18 11:07 a.m.

Kinda cheating a bit here, but at 72, I don't really need anything, so this year we decided that I should order myself a baritone saxophone for Christmas to go with my tenor, alto and soprano.  Gotta use up some of my mandatory IRA annual distribution!  It isn't here yet, I expect delivery in about two weeks or so.  More stuff to haul to gigs!  Listening to lots of Gerry Mulligan and looking forward to playing some R&B and blues.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
12/29/18 12:01 p.m.

Everyone finally accepted that I don't want Christmas gifts.  My younger daughter still had to get me a Terrys chocolate orange and a sleeve of After Eight mints, and that was perfect.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/30/18 7:41 p.m.

I normally hate getting presents, but someone gave me a giant Mason jar full of pickled eggs and beets.

I had three pickled eggs and a bunch of pickled beets for breakfast today, and a small glass of the precious juice.  Mmmm.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/30/18 8:34 p.m.

I got some new led party lights and pineapple shaped tiki torches for my porch, a new Seiko watch, and some nice shirts and ties to try and stop me from looking like a 70s tv detective. 

Albertfabian
Albertfabian New Reader
12/31/18 12:54 a.m.

I received flowers from my best friend. It actually made me feel special.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tFaISyStwCOnQ6JqhYpYGUUaDrkbYtrlGyHdIxokWGaeAE5UdGoODovVjwdCQLe9