1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
9/27/19 5:00 p.m.

I used to drink a lot of beer.  Nowadays, much less so.  We hosted a party recently, and a neighbor and friend of mine was attending, and I knew he has about three years of sobriety.  I knew he wouldn't mind if people around him were drinking, and some did, but I chose not to be one of them.

I picked up some Heineken 0.0 which I honestly had never seen before, and I gotta say, it isn't bad.  I did a little reading online, and it turns out that these low- and no-alcohol brews are becoming a "thing," especially in Europe.  Who knew?

So, do you N/A?  What's your favorite non-alcohol brew?

Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
9/27/19 5:10 p.m.

25 years ago I was drinking European non alcohol beer and it was very good then. It's now so expensive here that it's regular beer price so I no longer buy it.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/27/19 5:37 p.m.

Dog fish head 120 minute

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/27/19 5:41 p.m.

In reply to 1988RedT2 :

In Sweden beer has very low alcohol content at the supermarkets, below 3.5% and its very expensive. Many people travel south to Germany by car and bring beer from there due to the lower prices.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/27/19 5:46 p.m.

I took these pictures. They are actually not bad at all. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/27/19 6:04 p.m.
captdownshift said:

Dog fish head 120 minute

All time.my favorite beer, but at $38 a 4/pk I only buy it a few times per year.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
9/27/19 6:35 p.m.
captdownshift said:

Dog fish head 120 minute

That is neither "alcohol free" nor "free alcohol."  Did you even read the question? laugh

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/27/19 6:44 p.m.

I was at the international market today and they have Guinness alcohol free malt beverage. I didn't buy any but I'm curious what it tastes like.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
9/27/19 7:32 p.m.

Saw the Heineken stuff at Walmart.  Almost bought some, as my usual is Heineken Light.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/27/19 7:36 p.m.
EvanB said:

I was at the international market today and they have Guinness alcohol free malt beverage. I didn't buy any but I'm curious what it tastes like.

Alcohol free malt beverages are interesting. I actually prefer them when they don't attempt to be beer. Like, I'm fine with boneless wings, just don't call em wings. They're tenders or nuggest. On that same note, beer=booze. Not booze? Not beer. 

As for heineken- I used to be big into it, and then I sort of lost my taste for it. Im mildly curious, at best. 

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
9/27/19 8:09 p.m.

Used to drink St Pauli girl years ago.  

Came across this article.

The first one on the list has a dark Hefe that I used to love - but that had alcohol. smiley

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3PL07CtCGdYIV3fsXGX8Y101scJ5XBdITb2d8Rw9UV1huY4LCHI4wlUcXKP86s5R