inbreeding is bad, mmmkaaay?

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Reader
8/27/13 2:11 p.m.

Tried to hate it. Can't.

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
8/27/13 2:14 p.m.
conesare2seconds wrote: Tried to hate it. Can't.

Agreed.

This is so close to being good, but wherever it is that it falls short makes it horrible. Can't say I hate it though.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/27/13 2:15 p.m.

Wrong color and wheels and tires. It just doesn't look "right". Not horrible, but not right either.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Reader
8/27/13 2:17 p.m.

I can love it with better wheels.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/27/13 2:21 p.m.

Better wheels and not highlighting how much undercarriage sticks out below using the license plate, and it could be good.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/27/13 2:23 p.m.

Torquoise steelies and baby moons and my Ummmmmm..... might be shorter.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/27/13 2:25 p.m.
914Driver wrote: Torquoise steelies and baby moons and my Ummmmmm..... might be shorter.

That would help. They would need to be skinnier and taller.

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
8/27/13 2:25 p.m.

The hood is too tall.

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
8/27/13 2:26 p.m.

Maybe smooth the lines on the hood a bit.

Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition HalfDork
8/27/13 2:30 p.m.

The whole front end needs to lowered in relation to the rest of the vehicle. Maybe even scale it down to about 3/4 size and/or a styleside box. Otherwise it looks like when the Jack Russell terrier in The Mask dons the mask.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
8/27/13 2:30 p.m.

Red looks better (quick gimp hack)

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
8/27/13 2:49 p.m.

That hood site soo high he's lost a quarter of his front visibility. It's like driving after a heavy snow and not brushing off the hood.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/27/13 2:50 p.m.

Looks awful to me. Hood is too tall for the cab. Box sits right, but the view out the front must be really bad.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
8/27/13 2:54 p.m.
DrBoost wrote: That hood site soo high he's lost a quarter of his front visibility. It's like driving after a heavy snow and not brushing off the hood.

Welcome to most Michigan drivers.

orphancars
orphancars Reader
8/27/13 3:25 p.m.

I'll play.....

Hood needs to be pancaked so it's less obvious.

Definitely need taller rubber and period wheels (steelies and poverty caps)

Lose the chrome around the door handles -- acutally, some 40's/50's era door handles would be nice.

Lose the mirrors and again, go with something off of the original truck.

And perhaps a small visor at the top of the windshield. I think you'd have a winner then.....

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
8/27/13 3:26 p.m.
DrBoost wrote: That hood site soo high he's lost a quarter of his front visibility. It's like driving after a heavy snow and not brushing off the hood.

Just keeps your eyes looking farther down the road.

e_pie
e_pie HalfDork
8/27/13 3:44 p.m.
orphancars wrote: I'll play..... Hood needs to be pancaked so it's less obvious. Definitely need taller rubber and period wheels (steelies and poverty caps) Lose the chrome around the door handles -- acutally, some 40's/50's era door handles would be nice. Lose the mirrors and again, go with something off of the original truck. And perhaps a small visor at the top of the windshield. I think you'd have a winner then.....

This, all of this.

warpedredneck
warpedredneck Reader
8/27/13 4:08 p.m.

I am so sorry, but I would drive the wheels off it!

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
8/27/13 4:38 p.m.
e_pie wrote:
orphancars wrote: I'll play..... Hood needs to be pancaked so it's less obvious. Definitely need taller rubber and period wheels (steelies and poverty caps) Lose the chrome around the door handles -- acutally, some 40's/50's era door handles would be nice. Lose the mirrors and again, go with something off of the original truck. And perhaps a small visor at the top of the windshield. I think you'd have a winner then.....
This, all of this.

+100

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
8/27/13 4:52 p.m.
alex wrote:

This is what it should look like.

This one is a customer's truck. It has a 455 Pontiac and TH400 in it too. Poncho motor looks like it was born there. Next time he bring it by I'll get some pics with the hood closed.

alex
alex UberDork
8/27/13 5:19 p.m.

There's the eye bleach, finally!

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/27/13 5:54 p.m.

I think it would look better as a singlecab,

And I would drive the wheels off of it too.. and then replace them with steelies with mooncovers

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
8/27/13 5:56 p.m.

I'd leave it like that, and wheel the everloving crab out of it.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qh4DGA0AonqhZuMf98YVuAy8gUlu6ISQjuBEjWn6SdCu9OZ28yN0W5DMlrZDCGnJ