1 2
J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
4/28/22 11:19 a.m.

In honor of National Superhero Day, which Batmobile is your favorite?

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/28/22 11:26 a.m.

I'm torn between the original and the Tim Burton/Micheal Keaton version. Aesthetically they're my fave for sure. But the tumbler from Bale's films and the Pattinson version are cool too.

ian sane
ian sane GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/28/22 11:27 a.m.

The newest version is pretty fricken cool in a madmax sorta way but because I was a kidlet when I first saw it, the Keaton batmobile holds that honor.

Edit; I guess I just assumed live action stuff. If cartoon is on the table then Kevin Conroy's batmobile is the coolest vehicle on planet earth.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
4/28/22 11:54 a.m.
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm torn between the original and the Tim Burton/Micheal Keaton version. Aesthetically they're my fave for sure. But the tumbler from Bale's films and the Pattinson version are cool too.

I feel the same way. I suspect that's mostly a factor of what I grew up with.

From an actual functional design, I think the Tumbler is the best. I think the original Adam West Batmobile looks the coolest, even though it's the dumbest and least-functional. I feel like if I were to roll up somewhere and have one immediately look at and go "It's Batman!" that would be the Tim Burton.

So I guess I have to go with the Burton/Keaton as the best as the only one you can look at and immediately think "Batmobile" without having had to see any movie/show as reference.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/28/22 11:59 a.m.

#1- 1966 batmobile. By a narrow margin. 

#2 1989 batmobile. 

#3 the new one. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
4/28/22 12:08 p.m.

The new one, because it's a neat Mad Max-ish musclecar. Also, because the first time we see it, it stalls as soon as Batman tries to do something cool, which is pretty relatable.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
4/28/22 12:11 p.m.

Having not seen the newest film, imma go with Keaton's 'bile.
Kilmer's is undoubtedly the worst. 

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/28/22 12:11 p.m.

#1 animated series Batmobile

#2 Keaton Mobile

To me the 1966 batmobile is not attractive.  Maybe it's a "Had to be there thing" but that whole George Barris style car just looks wierd to me.  I appreciate the work that goes into making a custom car like that but the end result is not one I like.  I know I make things that aren't for everyone also and that is cool.  Everyone doesn't have to like the same things.  

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/28/22 12:24 p.m.

I'm a fan of the original Lincoln Futura based '66 Batmobile. It had atomic batteries!

Not really a fan of any of the others. Maybe Tim Burtons, which is surprising because I really don't like Tim Burton's stuff.

Haven't seen the new movie yet so I can't judge, but the glimpses I've seen make it look like it will be my second favorite.

The original live action Batmobile was a '39 Cadillac phaeton.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/28/22 12:25 p.m.

No love for the 1938 original?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/28/22 12:29 p.m.

The '66, of course. It's the icon. Everyone else is just trying to compete with it. That's when Batman had some style.

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
4/28/22 1:00 p.m.

The 1966 model. There is a guy in my neighborhood who has a replica. I see him on the road on weekends playing the batman theme on his stereo. There is a DJ here in Dallas who used to have two replicas.

I have never seen a replica of any of the others, and these things cost about 100K each.

Trent
Trent PowerDork
4/28/22 1:15 p.m.

I quite liked that the newest Batmobile was pretty much just a trophy truck. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/28/22 1:19 p.m.

1966 - the show was cheesy but I was 6 years old and it was cool.  

Don't forget the Munstermobile and the Monkey's car.  

It was a special time.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/28/22 1:34 p.m.
nocones said:

#1 animated series Batmobile

#2 Keaton Mobile

This.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/28/22 1:56 p.m.

It's not possible to have a "favorite Batmobile".

There is only one true Batmobile. 

trucke
trucke SuperDork
4/28/22 2:00 p.m.

Gotta go with the 66 version.

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
4/28/22 2:14 p.m.

The new one looks like a Dodge Challenger that ate a guard rail.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/28/22 2:51 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

It's not possible to have a "favorite Batmobile".

There is only one true Batmobile. 

Which is... ? A '39 Cadillac?  Something from the comics? 

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/28/22 3:13 p.m.

The 1966 version will always be the Batmobile I think of as a Batmobile.

But the Tumbler...  Oh my...

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/28/22 3:18 p.m.

I don't get the love for the Tumbler.

At least it doesn't have machine guns, like Zack Snyder's version did. Nothing like ignoring one of the salient criteria from your well-known subject matter:

A GUN KILLED MY PARENTS SO NO GUNS EVER

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/28/22 3:27 p.m.

The best Batman movie had the best Batmobile. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
4/28/22 3:30 p.m.
Duke said:

At least it doesn't have machine guns, like Zack Snyder's version did. Nothing like ignoring one of the salient criteria from your well-known subject matter:

Early on Batman killed the E36 M3 out of people with guns. Like all the time. It wasn't until the Comics Code Authority that they came up with the whole "no guns, no kill" thing. Well, that and it makes it hard for writers when they spend a bunch of time building up some cool new villian and then Batman mows him down with a tommy gun on their first scrap. The way I understood the Zack Snyder Batman was that by that point he had kind of come to the conclusion that his way just didn't work, he put the villians away and they get right back out and kill someone (including Robin, in that timeline), so by that point he was starting to break his own rules.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/28/22 3:31 p.m.

1989 Batmobile. If you weren't around for it, you dont realize how huge this movie was. And if you were, you know why its my #1.

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/28/22 5:46 p.m.
Duke said:

You are driving to work, traffic is backed up.  You drive down the median, over the guardrail and down the embankment.  No problem here, you have a Tumbler.  (Futz, no copyright mark.)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
B3aPu612EcVxyRAVT131O30sh09YbwwGwNCNxoKrogzu8i2LdNbOCmknPCZ8BTQS