1 2
NickD
NickD MegaDork
4/28/22 6:02 p.m.

Enjoy Adam West Batman edited into the 2022 Batman trailer, courtesy of Corridor Digital. The 1966 Batmobile and the Bat-copter also make appearaces

Cchambers13
Cchambers13 Reader
4/28/22 8:45 p.m.

Newest one. Mix of Mad Max, dirt car chassis and some trophy truck with all the freedom sounds of a Cleetus McFarland youtube video.wink

I really liked the movie too so there's that.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/29/22 9:25 a.m.
NickD said:

Enjoy Adam West Batman edited into the 2022 Batman trailer, courtesy of Corridor Digital. The 1966 Batmobile and the Bat-copter also make appearaces

See also: Batman - Return of the Caped Crusaders laugh

So after watching The Batman yesterday, I'm trying to figure out what kind of engine is in the new Batmobile (which is a pretty good one BTW, being something like a prerunner truck). Visually it looks like a dry-sumped V12 with an F1-like turbo layout. In terms of sound, it's an old-school American big-block V8, I know that sound well from KoH/Ultra4.

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/29/22 9:33 a.m.

'66 Batmobile.  Its iconic.

Its like Adam West said  in a guest appearance on Big Bang Theory:

"All these guys show up and say "I'm Batman"; when I showed up everyone knew I was Batman."

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
4/29/22 9:58 a.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

1966 - the show was cheesy but I was 6 years old and it was cool.  

Don't forget the Munstermobile and the Monkey's car.  

It was a special time.

Agreed. Also love me some Batcopter, star of possibly the cheesiest cheesy scene ever (and beloved by me for that reason).

Margie

pheller
pheller UltimaDork
4/29/22 11:20 a.m.
GameboyRMH said:
So after watching The Batman yesterday, I'm trying to figure out what kind of engine is in the new Batmobile (which is a pretty good one BTW, being something like a prerunner truck). Visually it looks like a dry-sumped V12 with an F1-like turbo layout. In terms of sound, it's an old-school American big-block V8, I know that sound well from KoH/Ultra4.

Howa bout the fact that it appears to have two motors? 

https://jalopnik.com/what-engine-is-in-the-back-of-the-batmans-batmobile-1848628866

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/29/22 11:32 a.m.
GameboyRMH said:

I am guessing Chevy V8, easiest for the production team to build. Looks like twin turbos up front with exhausts that exit vertically, then maybe another pair of turbos further back with exhausts that feed into the central flamethrower? There are 4 other exhausts exiting at the back as well, so I really have no idea. 

Rumors also say that this car has a front engine as well with front exhausts. 

Yep, Nascar-style side pipes up front on both sides. 

pheller
pheller UltimaDork
4/29/22 11:38 a.m.

1989 is probably most iconic. 

2022 is probably the coolest. 

Don49 (Forum Supporter)
Don49 (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/30/22 7:54 a.m.

I have to vote for the 1996 version as I got to paint one of the show cars. It was owned by the owner of a large trucking company in NJ.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
4/30/22 8:36 a.m.

2022 is a cool car. But it looks like it should be driven by Dom Toretto, Imperator Furiosa, or Snake Plissken.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/4/22 1:51 p.m.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/4/22 3:31 p.m.

In reply to pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) :

Remember that a wastegate can dump to atmosphere, so two exhausts per turbo is plausible. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oUXqecTtznRg0ImLVT0FKDEKRvIdLgPBuWldxN0TrpC54dnsdBVm6KMj0HYJaVgc