rebelgtp wrote:

Setting: Winter Olympics, Calgary, Canada, 1988

Me(aged 5): "Are you Bronson Pinchot?"

Bronson Pinchot: "Yes."

Me: "Oh my head."

Opus
Opus HalfDork
2/28/09 11:32 p.m.
alfadriver wrote: Can someone PLEASE post a picture of Markie Post?

There are outher pics I found on Google, but this was safe.

Markie Post Forever

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/1/09 12:46 a.m.
Opus wrote:
There are outher pics I found on Google, but this was safe. Markie Post Forever

Wow that's a creepy site. It makes the collection of Jane Seymour photos under my bed seem almost normal.

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/1/09 1:51 a.m.

I think I finally got the embed link to work:

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/1/09 1:52 a.m.

Or not... we can't embed videos?

Oh well... click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztUQVjydlk4

Opus
Opus HalfDork
3/1/09 7:59 a.m.
Wally wrote:
Opus wrote:
There are outher pics I found on Google, but this was safe. Markie Post Forever
Wow that's a creepy site. It makes the collection of Jane Seymour photos under my bed seem almost normal.

I figure that every star has at least 1 creepy stalker fan. Google can be scarry

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Reader
3/1/09 8:26 a.m.

sorry, but I had to bring out the big guns:

Garbage Pail Kids

A lil Dougie anyone?

Johnnie 5 is alive

And, a lil NES heaven FTMFW

rebelgtp
rebelgtp HalfDork
3/1/09 9:31 a.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: sorry, but I had to bring out the big guns: Garbage Pail Kids

Garbage Pail Kids rock I still have my cards from when I was a kid (several hundred).

However for the win...So cool it wasn't even legal in the States

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Reader
3/1/09 10:01 a.m.
rebelgtp wrote: So cool it wasn't even legal in the States

hell, if we're going to start throwing vehicles into this "cool"thread, I counter your german engineering with a bit o wheelie magic from the good ol U S of friggin A

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Reader
3/1/09 10:09 a.m.

oh...and the Markie Post pics came close, but I cant believe no one touched on this bit of Coollness unobtainium: MULLEEETTTSSSS!!!!

Appleseed
Appleseed Reader
3/1/09 6:38 p.m.

Or when hip hop outfits actually had to sound good live, and have a real DJ cutting records? Rappers will never sound this good again.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/1/09 7:28 p.m.

DMC stands for Devastating Mic Control

holla!

rebelgtp
rebelgtp HalfDork
3/1/09 7:56 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: hell, if we're going to start throwing vehicles into this "cool"thread, I counter your german engineering with a bit o wheelie magic from the good ol U S of friggin A

as cool as bar stool go karts are, this is 80's cool, that picture is obviously not of the 80's.

mtn
mtn Dork
3/1/09 8:20 p.m.
rebelgtp wrote:
4cylndrfury wrote: hell, if we're going to start throwing vehicles into this "cool"thread, I counter your german engineering with a bit o wheelie magic from the good ol U S of friggin A
as cool as bar stool go karts are, this is 80's cool, that picture is obviously not of the 80's.

I concur. If I were to hazard a guess, I would say that it is from April 19, 2007.

Wally
3/1/09 9:08 p.m.

The good ol days of rap. As a kid making deliveries with my dad we'd occasionally run into The Fat Boys at a 7-11 on the Valley Stream/Queens border.

If I don't get snowed in tommorow I'm going to pick this up http://www.grandmasterflash-thebridge.com/

Apexcarver
Apexcarver SuperDork
3/1/09 9:27 p.m.

I happen to have a bedspread that is ALF on one side and ATARI on the other.. it goes with my Thundercats bedsheets that i still have.

(I own all of these albums)

however, I must confess that I was born in '85

Osterizer
Osterizer HalfDork
3/1/09 9:28 p.m.
Rustfinger wrote:
RobL wrote:
Rustfinger wrote:
I mentioned this series/car to the guys I autocross with and not a one knew what I was talking about.
*sighs* I guess we should just go have a glass of prune juice and make sure our AARP membership is up to date. Thanks. Oh...and remind me to yell at those kids to, "GET OFF MY LAWN!!"

Have a glass of prune juice on me, old man.

I wasn't alive for most of the 80s!

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro Reader
3/2/09 12:11 a.m.

Damn you kids...

I was born in '78.

Still have my Cinderella album:

And:

I'd give my left arm to play drums like Rick Allen!

Shawn

MitchellC
MitchellC HalfDork
3/2/09 1:36 a.m.

I only lived a little over two years in the decade starting with an 8. There's a picture of me in a high chair with a mullet, so at least I said I knew how to party. with spaghetti.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Reader
3/2/09 7:04 a.m.
rebelgtp wrote: as cool as bar stool go karts are, this is 80's cool, that picture is obviously not of the 80's.

ok ok, apologies...here you go...note the jordache high tube socks and white reboks (sp?)...80s-ish right??? extra cool points for the sprint type aero kit!!

Appleseed
Appleseed Reader
3/2/09 4:36 p.m.

If you want to see what 1988-92 looks like, just go to the local Wal-Mart on a Sunday (non-NASCAR season).

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Reader
3/2/09 4:56 p.m.
Rustfinger wrote:

What kind of kit car is that? There have got to be some of them rusting away somewhere.

Wally
3/2/09 5:21 p.m.

It's a Coyote. There was an unfinished one near my parent's house that the guy wouldn't part with but it's long since gone.

1 ... 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IkTDuV8dYkffm6BPw2ZRT0NHsHahYi7CB4iDqbkGnFXGSTjSSjjf8hg5F2EtaP02