1 2 3
alex
alex UltraDork
3/12/12 5:57 p.m.

...you take two significant steps back (one of random parts failure and one of your own stupidity) on a project that's so close to being done you can taste it, and instead of throwing wrenches and screaming expletives, you quietly clean up, neatly pack away the tools, shut off the lights and lock the door...

...and go inside and start pouring shots of whiskey.

And this would have been a really nice night for a motorcycle ride.

Berkeley.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
3/12/12 6:01 p.m.

I learned this lesson on Saturday.

I did put a dent in the door of the car before i left, though. It felt good.

At least i did it in a controlled fashion and without screaming. It's weird growing up.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker UltimaDork
3/12/12 6:03 p.m.

I should have gone for a drive. I'm not sure what is wrong tonight but I cannot not berkeley up. All I have to do is make a mount for a PS pump and flare some tubing. The first thing I did tonight was break the drop light. The second was walk back in the house.

alex
alex UltraDork
3/12/12 6:07 p.m.

There are some days you just shouldn't leave the house. Or get out of bed. Or put on pants.

This, evidently, was one of those days, but I didn't catch it soon enough.

PHeller
PHeller Dork
3/12/12 6:12 p.m.

I love working on the motorcycle. Mostly because every night after working on it, something is made simpler, easier to fix, and generally more clean.

Unlike cars...which usually require some sort of deadline, otherwise they take up lots of space.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker UltimaDork
3/12/12 6:16 p.m.
PHeller wrote: Unlike cars...which usually require some sort of deadline, otherwise they take up lots of space.

In my case, that deadline is 3 days at Mid-Ohio in two weeks. There is no steering column, pump, plumbing, bumper, splitter, or wing installed. 3 of those things don't even exist yet and the other two have to be... umm... figgered reel gud.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/12/12 6:18 p.m.

thankfully I am in no rush to get the Saab done.. so I plug away at it an hour or two a day... any more than that and I would get frustrated. Instead, I go to the garage, get one part of the project done.. and finish up and go home

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/12/12 6:37 p.m.

Now you see why I usually just replace the whole damn car every off-season.

Lesley
Lesley UberDork
3/12/12 7:21 p.m.

At what age is this supposed to happen? I dented the door of the Mighty Dak last year with a hurled ratchet... after an entire afternoon spent trying to remove a @#$% 02 sensor.

integraguy
integraguy SuperDork
3/12/12 7:27 p.m.

"...there are some days you just shouldn't leave the house, or get out of bed, or put on your pants..."

I can guarantee, if you don't put on your pants, it will be a bad day to leave the house.

I thought this was going to be a topic wherein you realized you were verging on becoming your parents.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/12/12 7:28 p.m.
alex wrote: There are some days you just shouldn't leave the house. Or get out of bed. Or put on pants. This, evidently, was one of those days, but I didn't catch it soon enough.

You left the house without pants? Yes, you should have caught that earlier. Gettin' old sux.

Wearing pants to bed helps. Also a good time saver the next morning.

Lesley
Lesley UberDork
3/12/12 7:38 p.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote:
alex wrote: Wearing pants to bed helps.
Yet another sign you're getting old
wbjones
wbjones SuperDork
3/12/12 7:54 p.m.

guys I'm getting old .... and someone on here owes me a keyboard ... Miller Lite through the nose hurts

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltraDork
3/12/12 8:44 p.m.
wbjones wrote: guys I'm getting old .... and someone on here owes me a keyboard ... Miller Lite through the nose hurts

So does Bud Light, but that had more to do with drinking too much of it on Saturday.

Anyway, Alex, not to knock you down, but I cleaned and waxed the F150 and took her for a ride. Let me know if you need a hand in the garage.

SillyImportRacer
SillyImportRacer HalfDork
3/12/12 9:13 p.m.

Somewhere, in my yard, a pair of pliers waits to be found. I herd them land. I know they're out there. I just can't find them.

Cuda
Cuda New Reader
3/12/12 9:24 p.m.

In reply to SillyImportRacer:

Don't worry. The lawn mower will find it for you.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
3/12/12 9:35 p.m.
alex wrote: There are some days you just shouldn't leave the house. Or get out of bed. Or put on pants. This, evidently, was one of those days, but I didn't catch it soon enough.

Pants are over rated, anyway

mad_machine
3/12/12 9:47 p.m.
Cuda wrote: In reply to SillyImportRacer: Don't worry. The lawn mower will find it for you.

Question is.. where is the lawnmower going to throw it?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltraDork
3/12/12 9:49 p.m.
mad_machine wrote:
Cuda wrote: In reply to SillyImportRacer: Don't worry. The lawn mower will find it for you.
Question is.. where is the lawnmower going to throw it?

Alex's pants?

MG Bryan
MG Bryan Dork
3/12/12 10:42 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
Pants are over rated, anyway

Indeed.

Ian F
Ian F UltraDork
3/12/12 10:47 p.m.
Lesley wrote: At what age is this supposed to happen? I dented the door of the Mighty Dak last year with a hurled ratchet... after an entire afternoon spent trying to remove a @#$% 02 sensor.

I would say many a wrench has been hurled and objects damaged in the effort to remove an o2 sensor. I'm pretty sure most of us have been there.

At least once...

KATYB
KATYB HalfDork
3/12/12 11:48 p.m.

In reply to Ian F:

never had a problem with an 02 sensor..... but i think thats more a having all the interesting 02 sensor wrenches and sockets one can imagine.

and lastly i havent worn pants in 2 weeks.....

ValuePack
ValuePack Dork
3/13/12 12:36 a.m.
KATYB wrote: and lastly i havent worn pants in 2 weeks.....

Now that's a post. Someone get this girl a trophy.

KATYB
KATYB HalfDork
3/13/12 8:13 a.m.

In reply to ValuePack: lol. funny how the truth can be manipulated so easily. no pants in 2 weeks. not to say ive been bottomless of just running around in my panties. called skirts and dresses.

mad_machine
3/13/12 8:13 a.m.

I have worn a kilt... if they were more socially acceptable (read even somewhat acceptable) I would wear one all the time.. I found it extremely comfortible

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8ppYmbvO1RaM4FGuqOxBn9xvCActiVuqkLoVHYr3KAxfOHbdJRk6WMSEc580lKF2