AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/5/22 12:37 p.m.

No booty-related experiences, please. Interested to hear about your purchase and customer-service experiences. We ordered one that was all lumpy when fully expanded, and they sent the wrong replacement.

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/5/22 12:41 p.m.

No experience, but hopefully you don't end up with a Zinus infection.

I'll show myself out...cheeky

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
1/5/22 12:50 p.m.

None, but I have an excellent mattress recommendation if you want one.

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/5/22 1:14 p.m.

I loved ours, but apparently there are some issues/recalls due to having fiberglass in the fireproof barrier. 

Never dealt with thier customer service. Got 3 years of use out of the mattress before hearing about the fiberglass issue. I could tell that my side was wearing down faster than my wife's. (I'm a big guy, she is small.) So if you do get a Zinus, probably should rotate it every few months. 

Ended up getting a Purple and I like it. 

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/5/22 1:18 p.m.

We've had 2 Zinus mattresses, including one in our AirBnB. I don't love it but I was constantly amazed at how many people who stayed in our rental asked us for the name of the mattress so they could order it!

No experience with customer service. 

dps214
dps214 Dork
1/5/22 2:58 p.m.

Mattress kind of sucked, customer service was decent in getting a refund, but that was a few years ago now.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/5/22 7:14 p.m.

I bought a 12" green tea Zinus about 5 years ago.  Loved it so much I bought another one for the RV.  Loved that one so much I bought a 4" topper to use in the tent.  Loved all three so much I decided to give the company more of my money and buy a platform bedframe from them.

Still love all three of them.

1/5/22 7:23 p.m.

Don't listen to the internet reviews about mold.  They smell a little musty because of the manufacturing chemicals, but it goes away in a few days.  The people who claim mold/dampness are likely smelling the chemicals, they feel the "dampness" of the release agent on the surface of the foam, and instantly their "too good to be true" trepidations are totally validated and they demand their money back.

Highly recommend.  My Full size 12" mattress was $189 five years ago, and it's far better than the $1400 Serta iCloud it replaced.  The Serta got hopelessly divoted where I slept no matter how much I rotated it, and Serta refused to honor their warranty.  I figured even if the Zinus totally failed every two years I could buy 7 of them before I spent as much as an expensive (and terrible) big brand.  Seeing as how this one has gone 5 years brilliantly, I think I'm sold on them.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/5/22 9:59 p.m.

I have a Zinus 12" green tea mattress going on 5 years now. I was never really happy with it then I put a 4" memory foam topper on and it is perfect. No experience with the customer service. 

I recently got a Zinus innerspring short queen mattress to go in my van to replace the stacked 4" and 2" memory foam toppers I was using. Haven't slept on it yet but seems comfortable from laying on it briefly. 

From what I have seen the concerns about fiberglass are only if you take the cover off (not sure why you would). I did have to cut open the cover on the one in my van to remove a couple springs to conform to the shape of the bed area but I will seal it up well so hopefully not an issue. 

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
1/6/22 9:27 a.m.

We have an zinus i think(amazons cheap one) for my son and its quite comfy. We got it because my wife got us a casper a few years ago. We now have a new cali king casper sitting here rolled up waiting for a "box spring" to replace out smaller casper. 

i had zero faith that a rolled up flat mattress would ever be good. I was WRONG! They are awesome. The caspers are way nicer than my sons zinus but they were way more $$ too. But i still sleep great on my sons bed. 

our previous normal mattress was a fancier serta. It was a hunk of crap. Guaranteed not to sag, but it started sagging about 6 months in. We arent obese either.  Pathetic experience from serta.  The casper we have now has been in use for years with no sign of fatigue. 

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
1/6/22 3:24 p.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

Don't listen to the internet reviews about mold.  They smell a little musty because of the manufacturing chemicals, but it goes away in a few days.  The people who claim mold/dampness are likely smelling the chemicals, they feel the "dampness" of the release agent on the surface of the foam, and instantly their "too good to be true" trepidations are totally validated and they demand their money back.

Highly recommend.  My Full size 12" mattress was $189 five years ago, and it's far better than the $1400 Serta iCloud it replaced.  The Serta got hopelessly divoted where I slept no matter how much I rotated it, and Serta refused to honor their warranty.  I figured even if the Zinus totally failed every two years I could buy 7 of them before I spent as much as an expensive (and terrible) big brand.  Seeing as how this one has gone 5 years brilliantly, I think I'm sold on them.

I bought an expensive (+$1200) Serta I-fomfort in 2012 or so.  I'd say it started getting lumpy within 2-3 years.  I'm not sure how, but SWMBO got it replaced under warranty last year. We paid $50 for an inspector to lay a broomstick on the mattress and measure the sag.  If I remember correctly, +1.5" of sag is the replacement threshold...which is kind of ridiculous.  The mattress was uncomfortable long before it was returned. I still can't believe she got them to replace it because we didn't have all of our paperwork.  Our bed is adjustable, so that may speed up the wear since it folds in two points.

The new one is already starting to sag a little.  We've flipped it, but I'm pretty sure this one won't last any longer than the first one.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
1/6/22 3:48 p.m.

I have a couple of Zinus Green Tea mattresses, including one I sleep on every night and have for about 3 years. Love it. Guests come out of the guestroom in the morning asking for the name of the mattress in there. Bought the first to replace a Serta iComfort after that one started getting lumpy within a year, and they told me, yes, unless a half-dollar stood on end fit in the  divot (who even HAS a half-dollar?), don't even bother trying for a warranty replacement. At that point we decided our backs were worth more than a free E36 M3ty replacement, though at iComfort costs, that means our backs are pretty spendy. Zinus has been superior in every way, for a fraction of the cost.

Margie

1/6/22 7:51 p.m.

For two or three Benjamins and multiple positive reviews, you kinda can't go wrong.  I'm super happy with mine.

One of these days I'll get one for the guest room, but so far I've only had two people use the guest room in 5 years.  Not really a priority yet.

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/7/22 12:11 a.m.

I was looking at Zinus stuff because I saw high marks in some places but saw a few too many horror stories on Amazon about things arriving with bedbugs already inside and bad customer service experiences. I ended up going with a Novaform that is highly recommended online and purchasable from Costco (comes rolled up and vacuum sealed in a box). I think I paid $399 in store for a Queen. I absolutely love it.

https://www.costco.com/novaform-14%2522-comfort-grande-plus-memory-foam-mattress.product.100667300.html

1/7/22 9:41 a.m.

In reply to pointofdeparture :

I looked really hard at the Novaform.  I slept on one in an AirBnB and really liked it so I checked the tag.  At the time, the Zinus was $189 and the Novaform was $600, so I figured I could buy three Zinus if they end up collapsing or compressing for the same cost as one Nova.  5 years in, still happy with the Zinus, but I'm sure I would also be happy with the Novaform.

JShaawbaru
JShaawbaru New Reader
1/7/22 10:13 a.m.

I have a Zinus 8-inch Green Tea memory foam mattress in my basement guest room, I slept on it for a couple of months and felt it was equal to or more comfortable than the "hybrid innerspring" mattress I have in my room. One of my friends rented that room from me for close to a year, and he had no complaints; in fact I'm pretty sure he bought a Zinus brand mattress when he moved out.

No experience with customer service though, since there were no issues with mine.

Marjorie Suddard said:

and they told me, yes, unless a half-dollar stood on end fit in the  divot (who even HAS a half-dollar?), don't even bother trying for a warranty replacement.

yet another example of Murricans using *anything* to avoid the metric system laugh

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
e7zwRIUyq6ynpLU3dkxykUMgZkrhShSD2SylToPt9rJ1fSFpRb68yThtMFcQqPMK