Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
7/29/21 5:52 p.m.

I'm bad, I'm nationwide

I love the song and I've always wondered which Cadillac. The album came out in 1979 but we're not looking at those Cadillacs.   1965 to 1970?  Gotta be new with nothing custom - just bought the car from the dealer.  Black?  2-door?

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac
I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back
They sportin' short dresses, wearin' spike-heel shoes
They smokin' Lucky Strikes, and wearing nylons too

So which Cadillac?

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
7/29/21 6:23 p.m.

Gotta be a 'vert.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.beverlyhillscarclub.com%2Fgalleria_images%2F83%2F83_main_l.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/29/21 6:49 p.m.

It's hard to be more bad than a black Coupe De Ville. 

Will
Will UberDork
7/29/21 7:01 p.m.

It may not be the right answer, but I'm not letting this thread go by without posting a pic of CadZZilla.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/29/21 7:32 p.m.

CadZZilla is awesome. Saw it at the Peterson during a basement tour a couple of years back. Kinda took the wind out of the guide's sails when I saw it and shouted CADZZILLA!

Black '65-66 Coupe De Ville hardtop. 

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/29/21 7:56 p.m.

Tidbit about Curtis.  I used to work for Wil Sakowski's Custom shop in L.A.  When he moved the shop back to NC and I moved to Austin, Wil set me up with Jesse James and Mercury Charlie.  I ended up working a bit for Charlie and Billy Gibbons came in with the Cadzzilla one day.  It needed help on the suspension (busted bolt) and an oil change.  So, somewhere, Billy's Cadzzilla is driving around with a bolt that I installed.

I also waltzed into Troy Ladd's Hollywood Hot Rods and told them they needed me but just didn't know it yet.  He asked for a portfolio and I just said "I drove it."  He gave me three interviews and I turned him down.  I turned. down. Troy. Ladd.

Troy Trepanier let me drive his 69 GPT Torino on Caroll Shelby's track WHILE Caroll was also on the track with a GT40, so even though I had to keep it below 50, I technically raced Caroll Shelby.

Ah, former lives.  SEMA was like a big reunion for me.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/29/21 8:07 p.m.

IMHO, the 62 Coupe DeVille was the finest of the fine.  They toned back the whale fins from the 60 and 61 and they were straight-edge triangular things that looked like a million bucks.  I had a 62 Sedan DeVille until I lost it in a bet in Vegas.

Mine was lowered like this one.  It was so low you couldn't make a 3-point turn because the crown of the pavement in the street would high-center on the frame.

62 Cadillac Coupe Deville Series 62 - Air ride - bagged bag for sale - Cadillac  DeVille 1962 for sale in Houston, Texas, United States

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/29/21 10:22 p.m.

1961 quardaport hardtop. Dat roofline. In green, please. 

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/30/21 5:44 a.m.

Not really what you were asking, but I'm partial to Cadzilla

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Snhh8NPVk9Zt6nbJCWiBFRr6K2BlxtK5PP0yyQsQalui6bb3KSuwMeKYLPeGeoYJ