1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 160
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/11/21 6:30 a.m.

The Supra is a great car by the way. Once I got the smooth in smooth out figuared out.

dean1484
2/11/21 7:39 a.m.

Server was restarted this morning due to a windows update so all the times saved have been erased.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/11/21 10:16 a.m.

I'm sad that I didn't save a replay of you monster-trucking over our cars :(

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/11/21 2:18 p.m.

A quick recap of the race last night:

The start:

2nd corner, the Cougar takes it a bit hot, ends up in the dust and the back of the pack:

Later in the first lap, a bold move by the Mustang, or marginally controlled braking (?) that resulted in an inside pass for first.

On the back straight of the first lap, 3 wide:

The Mach 1 turns in.  The Cougar is there:

The Cougar bounced into the Camaro (no major spin outs result, all end up in the final turn:

A bit later, the Camaro gets loose coming out of the corner, gets some dirt and spins into the infield:

A bit later the Mustang runs wide, letting the Camaro though.  In the distance the Courgar vainly tries to keep up with the Mustang:

And the finish:

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/11/21 2:23 p.m.

Dean, can you post the times for our "evaluation" last night?  I did not see them on the Discord server.  I can see if I can get some pics.  Interestingly, the Silverado shows in the replays, but only from other cars.

I also do not have the replay of Dean rudely driving on top of us either or me driving the Chevelle, not sure why.

dean1484
2/11/21 7:41 p.m.

Answering the burning question about V12 Jags and BB Chevrolet

Lap times from the practice session after the race  I have not tried all the cars but the Supra was such a good car  

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/11/21 8:00 p.m.

The Volvo is silly fun.  That set seems to be a pretty fun set for a series.  The cars I tried drive pretty well, and despite being very different from power/weight standpoints, they are pretty balanced.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/11/21 10:56 p.m.

Didn't realize I caused that mess on the back straight, I need to get some mods to help me keep track of nearby cars installed. Also took the ATCC Supra out on the Nurburgring GP circuit tonight to try to prove to myself that I hadn't become a crappy driver, got it down into the 2:18s so far. That is a really odd car all-around though - laggy low-revving engine, weird quirky (but capable) handling and viciously sharp brakes which are probably the most challenging part of the car. The Volvo's not quite as quick but much easier and more fun to drive.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/11/21 11:48 p.m.

Helicorsa is a good app for seeing what is around you.  

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/helicorsa.5199/

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/12/21 12:38 p.m.

OK, I posted our scientific test results in the main thread...

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/12/21 7:27 p.m.

The track and cars are updated in the first post.

I went with the reboot version of Bathurst. There is another version out there (with rain and night versions) but the reboot versions are supposed to be improvements (?)

There is a preliminary version of Nelson Ledges out there but I am not sure how accurate it is. Done from google maps, so it may not represent bumps and elevation changes well.

It looks like Darwin and I have our brake pedals figured out (my sensitivity was set way too low).  I still need to get used to it, but should start doing a bit better.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/12/21 11:11 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

I tried to message you but accidentally sent a friend request. Please ad me to the discord.  nocones.625#0429

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/13/21 11:35 a.m.

I tried to send you an invite, not sure if it was successful.  Invites have been bumpy lately.  Let me know.

dean1484
2/14/21 8:34 a.m.

Server updated with cars and the track.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/14/21 2:23 p.m.

I should have some working mid-engined Geo Metros for Wednesday also.  I do need to play with packing them up and uploading them to see if I can make them easy to install.  Should be just zipping the folders.

I do want to see if I can create some liveries, but they are kind of weird in this game.  Seems like there are different types.  This one appears to just be a color, I need to figure out how to make it look at a color map (of the cars outer surfaces).

When I have a good candidate, I will upload the zip to Google drive and someone can see if they will install.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/15/21 6:16 p.m.

OK, the engined swapped Geo's are on the drive, called Geo Mod.   I tested to make sure they will drop in and install in CM.

There is a V12 and 454 version.  Both have added adjustable suspension, and tire options.  The stock tires are... uhm... interesting.  Both are a bit spin happy in some circumstances (I have not driven either with a wheel though).  You can try and tune them a bit.  I added a good amount of adjustment in the suspension.

We will see...

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/16/21 7:51 a.m.

Recruiting update:

Dean - Active

Aircooled - Active

ProDarwin - Active

Gameboy - Active

Gunner - Has played with us once, MIA since then

Spacecadet - Played with us once, he's more into iRacing.  Maybe someone can hack his iRacing account and lock him out  devil

nocones - Possible discord trouble?  I sent him an invite, haven't seen him join the channel or anything since then.

cmcgregor - In discord, not yet sighted in game.

02Pilot - acquiring wheel?, no discord sighting yet

therealpinto - has a wheel & AC need to convince to join us

Maniac0301 - possible recruit?  Active in Dirt Rally 2.0 and iRacing, so perhaps not going to make time for AC.  But he has a fancypants motion rig!

There was a GRM list of ongoing sim-racing events that JG was maintaining, but I don't know how to find it.  Anyone have a link to that?  I'd like to send an update.

02Pilot
02Pilot UberDork
2/16/21 8:47 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

Probably won't see me in-game until I get a wheel and get comfortable with it. Might pop in briefly before that, but I don't think everyone else will appreciate me crashing into them.

wae
wae PowerDork
2/16/21 9:08 a.m.

In reply to 02Pilot :

I am fairly certain that if I were to join in, I'd gain the nickname "car 46" in pretty short order!  The real challenge for me would be staying out of the way all three times I got lapped by the field.  When I'm driving a real car, I don't feel this god-awful slow, but somehow in playing against the computer I cannot get any faster than about 2 seconds off the pace....

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/16/21 9:26 a.m.

The more the merrier.  Don't let your fear of crashing or being slow keep you from joining!  As you can see earlier in the thread, its not uncommon for us to have some pretty dirty races :).

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/16/21 9:50 a.m.

Slow is not an issue, if for nothing else, when someone else does something silly (see pics), it gives them someone to race with.  Currently we are running short enough races that you also will not spend too much time alone even if there is no one to join you.

Other drivers can likely offer useful tips (setup and otherwise) to help you speed up.

Do nor fear that we are overly serious racers.... I did just upload a simulation of a Geo metro with a V12 and 454 in the back seat!

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
2/16/21 10:20 a.m.

I picked up Assetto Corsa not long ago.  I was able to nab it for 10 bucks Canadian.  When do you guys race and are there links to mods needed to run? 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/16/21 10:36 a.m.

Currently Wednesday nights.  Check the very first post of this thread.  Whatever mods we run on any given week are posted there by Aircooled and updated weekly.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/simulation-central/assetto-corsa-on-pc/174453/page1/

This week is ATCC Group A @ Bathurst

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
2/16/21 11:09 a.m.

Dang, that conflicts with my other League that runs on Wednesday nights with rFactor.  This week my group is running LMSLE cars (Audi R8, Cadillac, Dome, etc..) at Portland.  I throw up some pictures on Thursday for those interested.

02Pilot
02Pilot UberDork
2/16/21 12:18 p.m.

I downloaded Bathurst from Google Drive, but the archive won't open in 7Zip. Tried downloading again, same result. Am I doing something wrong? The other two archives opened fine.

1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8nNYCwUsEdxz70L8wGhjP8Og16QoibOiHGfJhuzcNJMepHwnfio93iw6szSRk4TO