1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 ... 160
DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/23/23 11:38 a.m.
dean1484 said:

I have not raced the riverside short track so this should be interesting this week. 

Good point. I need to get some practice in as well. Last week was the first time I really felt prepared because of all the time spent practicing in the two weeks prior, and I still didn't really settle in and relax on race night, which might be a factor in my tendency toward one-car pileups.

Maybe the boss will let me leave an hour early on Wednesdays so I can get more than 20 minutes to get warmed up before qualifying.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/23/23 10:00 p.m.

Some highlights.  Looked like a generally pretty clean close race.  Not any terribly obvious incidents, so I just built them all in.  Of note is the side tap incident which resulted in two pretty significant waits.

DarkMonohue
9/24/23 12:14 a.m.

There was a lot of clean racing going on. Everyone really seemed to be trying to maintain situational awareness and avoid contact. It was actually pretty impressive to watch and a whole lot of fun to be a part of.

Thanks again for putting the videos together.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
9/24/23 12:29 a.m.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/24/23 8:02 p.m.

I had fun.  The racing seemed better. I will be reminding everyone of the SOL ruel moving forward. 

I was impressed with those that waited. In particular Drillin. You could argue he was just a bystander or that he was complicit. But in either case he waited and let at least half the field by. Even after doing this he was the overall winner of the event so in my book that is really cool!!!   

I actually got some practices in befor the race and that helped a lot as I had never run that track before. 

Colin and Sauce we're both keeping me honest and they both had a bit of bad luck allowing me to win the 2nd race.   

I also figured out how to launch the RX3 finally in the 2nd race and that helped a lot. In the first race I started at the top of the field but a poor launch put me way back in the field by turn one. 

Anyway thanks as always to all of you that showed up. It is everyone showing up that makes it fun. 

DarkMonohue
9/24/23 8:54 p.m.

Has anyone gotten much time in on Riverside? I have been practicing on and off today and making incremental progress. There are some long straights that could make this a tedious affair for the lower powered cars. It will be interesting to say the least.

dean1484
9/25/23 12:27 a.m.

I am hoping to get some practice in tomorow night. 

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
9/25/23 8:14 a.m.

I was running a bit on the weekend at the Riverside track.  I was able to get the Toyota down into the 1:L38's!  Too many Porsches, and I hate to say that but I think I am going to run the Toyota until the end of the series. 

Mike

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/25/23 2:15 p.m.

In reply to DarkMonohue :

Make sure you are running the "short" version.  Still a good straight, but nowhere near as long as the full course!  The AMG will be interesting to watch through the T3-5!

It's actually called the Sports Car Circuit, but is called the Short Circuit in AC:

A tidbit I did not know about:

Plans were mooted for a new course in the image of Riverside in Merced, California but these were finally abandoned for financial reasons in 2009.

DarkMonohue
9/25/23 3:53 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Yessir, definitely running Riverside Short, on the server, as pictured on your map.

The whole T2-T5 sequence is easy enough to lose time on if one is indiscreet in the little BMW. I imagine the AMG will be difficult through there and possibly elsewhere. T6 and the 7s are still tough places for me to make really good exit speed and may be a bigger challenge for the AMG and the Mazda.

dean1484
9/25/23 6:24 p.m.

The Mazda is good but turn 2 is a high risk high reward corner.  

I have not tried the short course but I may not have to lift for t  9 due to the shorter straight leading in to it.  

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/26/23 8:03 a.m.
Mike924 said:

I was running a bit on the weekend at the Riverside track.  I was able to get the Toyota down into the 1:L38's!  Too many Porsches, and I hate to say that but I think I am going to run the Toyota until the end of the series. 

Mike

I'm glad to hear you say that. I haven't been able to get the Toyota faster than the 1:44's and that's with a single lap. Stringing them together I've been 1:45-46's.

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
9/26/23 8:17 a.m.

In reply to gunner (Forum Supporter) :

I can get consistency out of it.  1:39's and the occassional 38.  If you jump on tonight around 10pm EST I will share my setup with you.  I love how the Toyota howls up to 9ooo rpm.  :)

gunner (Forum Supporter)
9/26/23 9:32 a.m.

In reply to Mike924 :

I'd love to get your setup. unfortunately for me Wed is one of my three early mornings so i will be asleep at 10 EST. If you can give it to me Wed before the race I'd appreciate that.

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
9/26/23 10:16 a.m.

Will do Gunner.  I have noticed that the Toyota locks the rear diff very easily, so I have had to adapt my driving style to that. 

Racebrick
Racebrick Reader
9/26/23 3:27 p.m.

The rx3 is very fast here. I think it's the car to beat.

gunner (Forum Supporter)
9/26/23 3:43 p.m.

In reply to Mike924 :

I have noticed that. I turned it down to 30% for both power and coast and it helped. 

DarkMonohue
9/26/23 7:26 p.m.

Currently I'm running an old Radeon RX 480 graphics card. A coworker has offered me his (EVGA?) Nvidia GTX 1070 for $110. Coincidentally, that is apparently about all the card my CPU/board combination can take advantage of. Anybody want to offer any insight on what I'd gain in AC by stepping up to the 1070?

gunner (Forum Supporter)
9/26/23 7:38 p.m.

In reply to DarkMonohue :

RX 480 vs GTX 1070

I ran these as a comparo in user benchmark. the GTX 1070 does seem faster.

I'm zero help on if it would improve AC

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
9/26/23 8:15 p.m.

I dont know how much better it would be, but I can tell you until recently I ran a 1070 with a 3600x.  It would run 2560 x 1080 @ 144fps just fine most of the time, with a few exceptions for some under-optimized user created content.

Celisuzu
Celisuzu New Reader
9/26/23 8:34 p.m.

Got about 20 min of seat time in today. The AMG does 1:39's I was able to get a 1:38, but we will see if I can be consistent tomorrow. T7a and T7b are tough and I still need to nail down the second half of T6. I think I found the cheater's line for T9 though still need to practice that a bit. 

The lack of brake markers for T2 kinda sucks, my only reference I had was the tire marks I left from a previous lap.

The AMG is fairly tame and agile for this whole track, but definitely plows for all of T7. (That's my main complaint)

DarkMonohue
9/27/23 2:37 a.m.
Racebrick said:

The rx3 is very fast here. I think it's the car to beat.

I'm eager to see how it works for you. I gave it a quick try tonight and it just wasn't speaking to me. The little BMW is returning times in the same range as the others mentioned here - repeatable 1:39s and 1:38s, with a theoretical 1:37 if you can string the sections together just right. Just gotta keep it off the wall and out of the dirt this time.

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
9/27/23 8:24 a.m.

I maxed them both out and softened the rear end.  Car is pretty stable now. 

cmcmillin31
cmcmillin31 GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/27/23 9:29 a.m.

It looks like I will miss tonight's season finale.  I don't think I've missed a week so this will have to be my drop, correct?  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/27/23 12:12 p.m.

I am showing you missing week 3 at Summit Point.  Only Dean and Colin have made all the races from what I show.

1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
x5j2AKGsyO3Evoa2iv7DHL6I9RVGUluuEpehUYPoLK04nErljPMzWS8gTFUPsQgV