1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 ... 160
Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
10/11/23 6:51 p.m.

Also, I kinda like this one if no one is using it...

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/11/23 8:06 p.m.
aircooled said:

Also of note, all tracks have been checked and have been verified to NOT have been picked by Brad!

I may be in possession of the next One Lap tracks before they are officially posted, let me know if you need any suggestions.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/12/23 8:38 a.m.

Great fun last night. I should have done better but it was fun chasing down people and trying to get back to the front.  

What is the verdict on the modified SOL Ruel?  I think it worked well.   The start of race 2 should be interesting to look at.  I have a feeling I am going to take the blame for that. I got a great launch off the start. My fear is I came over on someone as I was going through the field.  

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
10/12/23 8:58 a.m.

Last night was fun... It was good to be back after a month!  

The classic cars were fun for nostalgia, but modern cars are just so much better to drive.  I think the Radical was a great choice for the series.

I also think the "modified SOL rule" worked well in the 2nd race.  Definitely better than a standing re-start.

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
10/12/23 11:20 a.m.

Racing last night was enjoyable for sure.  I have always liked the Radicals., raced them in the rFactor league I am a part of.  Close racing, but I could not get out of the second right hander well before the long back straight and it cost me time. 

As for the SOL rule, the only modification needed would be to limit the speed everyone is running at.  Yellow means nothing if we are all running at 110mph, maybe cap it at 65 to 70mph.

Just my two cents.  (Canadian, of course! )

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/12/23 1:34 p.m.

Results and Standings.  Let me know if you see any issues.  Finishing order was all over the place between the races.  I also added a larger points scale.  This will make finishing farther down less damaging.  It will make calculating more involving and more prone to error.

Also... if anyone has some skill with Excel.  Can you come up with a reasonable formula that would total the points based on name?  E.g. search Results column, find name, add points in next column to generate total.  I suspect this will involve a pivot table(?). 

The spreadsheet I use has all sorts of calculations / tabs built into it for figuring out drops that involves some pretty complex pivot tables.  It no longer works for some reason (I do seem to regularly end up with messed up formulas in Google sheets, not sure why).  If anyone want to jump into the results doc and give it a try, feel free to add new tabs etc.  I guess, worst case, I can make a table with all the participants names, with race number columns, and hand add the results there, then total those rows...

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
10/12/23 2:54 p.m.

Thanks, Air!  

Can you post the new points breakdown?  That way we can each be responsible for checking our own results, which should help in catching any errors.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/12/23 2:58 p.m.

It can be seen in the Points column (6th column) in the chart above, next to Results column.  It goes from 20 to 1 with the top two getting bonus points as before, so 20,18,16,15 etc.

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
10/12/23 3:06 p.m.

Ok, so the points are awarded for the combined finish of both races, not for each individual race?  I guess I never realized that...

dean1484
10/12/23 3:34 p.m.

In reply to Mike924 :

Completely agree re slowing things down more to let people catch up.  Maybe if the field has not caught up by the entrance to the 2nd to last corner we go around again?  But all in all, it worked well compared to a complete re-start

dean1484
10/12/23 3:37 p.m.
Rodan said:

Ok, so the points are awarded for the combined finish of both races, not for each individual race?  I guess I never realized that...

Yes.  And a tie is then decided by who has the better finishing position in the first race.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/12/23 5:13 p.m.

Oh, you mean THOSE points.  Yes, as Dean noted there are points for each race, that total determines finishing order, which gives the actual series points.  Points for the first race are slightly higher to avoid ties, and to reward first race finishes a bit more.  The series points are now, mostly coincidentally, the same as the race points for position calculation.

Here is a shot of those calculations expanded so you can see them (ignore the Series 2 stuff).

The black column shows points gained in first race (for the person in that position) and the grey, the second race.  The total at right is an average of the two, which is sorted to show finishing order of the races combined.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/12/23 11:16 p.m.

Well, I sort of have my wheel adjusted.  I could not get it off of 900 degree previously.  It's a G27 and the only way to adjust the Degrees is through the Logitech Profiler app (the one for G27).  The Ghub or later drivers did not work, they don't see the wheel.

I am not exactly sure what allowed the adjustments, but I did recalibrate it through the Windows Game Controllers control panel.  I also have the degrees set in the Profiler under Edit / Specific Game Settings.

I set it to 300 deg, which works in AC, but as soon as I click the CM window, it looses about 25% of it's range, which will still be better since I could never get to that much steering angle before without going hand over hand.

I did test drive the Radical a bit, and figured out how you guys were heating up your front tires.  It tends to scrub at high steering angles, which I could never get to.  Maybe a suggestion to those who have had issues with spinning is to reduce your steering rate, since it was not a problem from me with the slow steering.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/13/23 12:05 a.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Interesting. I'm also running a G27 but apparently with the stock 900 degree range. I thought I had it turned down to 240° or so, but between AC and CM, it's gone back to 900. Haven't noticed any high temps on the front tires, but the rears sure get hot quick if the back end gets loose and the tires are allowed to spin for more than a fraction of a second. Very frustrating to have to drive like a granny and let the tires cool down after any and every mistake.

dean1484
10/14/23 3:15 p.m.

I completely ignored my tires in the race. I am going to have to look at them this week.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/15/23 12:32 p.m.

(said in voice of John McClane from Die Hard):

"Let's use modern cars of the same type they say.... it will make racing cleaner they say...."

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
10/15/23 1:38 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Well... it was the first race with these cars.  LOL.

dean1484
10/16/23 5:35 p.m.

I thought race 2 was the issue.

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
10/16/23 6:07 p.m.

The pic above was race one.  Which didn't get a restart... 

gencollon
gencollon New Reader
10/16/23 8:37 p.m.

My bad..... I got a teensy little bit completely sideways in T1 race 1.... 

I was well behaved in R2 though! I got all of the crashes out of my system for this series already. It's gonna be flawless from here on out ;)

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/16/23 10:36 p.m.
DarkMonohue
10/17/23 1:20 a.m.
gencollon said:

My bad..... I got a teensy little bit completely sideways in T1 race 1.... 

I was well behaved in R2 though! I got all of the crashes out of my system for this series already. It's gonna be flawless from here on out ;)

Yeah...that little bit sideways didn't really keep you from reeling me in and putting me in my place in R1, did it?

R2 was a chocolate mess for me. I'm not sure if I'm getting tired or losing focus or just plain running out of talent, but somehow I always find a way spin off into the hinterlands and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
10/17/23 8:24 p.m.

Bridgehampton is buuummmpy!!

DarkMonohue
10/17/23 9:59 p.m.

In reply to Rodan :

It's not as harsh as Fuji, thankfully. That track felt like the asphalt had been poured directly over a bed of old bathtubs and junk lawn mowers. 

Bridgehampton is still pretty jittery. I gave up trying to smooth it out and decided to just try hopping across the top of the bumps, kind of like skipping a rock across a pond. And the sand on either side of the track is absolutely evil.

gencollon
gencollon New Reader
10/18/23 1:51 a.m.

In reply to DarkMonohue :

It looked like you were tiptoeing the car around the circuit and struggling for grip by the time I made it up near you.

Bridgehampton is bumpy, but shouldn't Fuji be nice and smooth as a premier circuit? 

It really does look like driving a Radical would be very fun and very painful... even if you aren't crashing. Kind of like smashing an offroad car through woops continuously.

1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3DWTg2sTROc0VXCrj9aCUxXcdtIaLsZ6RZbd5Etv9dAn3TJDC4Hzruf4R6UeaYxO