09Unwound
09Unwound New Reader
10/8/24 4:34 p.m.

Just want to hear people thoughts since I am needing a wheel for playstation since my current (admittedly low budget) racing wheel is only for Xbox and PC. I have heard some people say the word "adapter" for a xbox compatible wheel to make it playstation compatible but i havent yet looked into that. Anyway fanatech seems to be going downhill. Moza is great but im not sure about there playstation compatibility. Logitech is... well Logitech, and if i wanted something the same quality as I have now that would be great. However Im looking for something a little better. So thrustmaster seemed like a good place to go.

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/9/24 8:26 a.m.

This should be a great topic. I have watched several youtube videos about various sim setups but I'd also really like to know the hives opinion on these different systems. For the record I use a logitech driving force GT from circa 2009.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/9/24 3:30 p.m.

I got a Moza setup recently and it was a big purchase it is worth it.  My only comment is that I have a R12 base but run it at %50 so realistically an R6 or an R9 would have been fine.  I have been told that granularity goes up with higher Newton meter drives but I don't have anything to compare mine to.   What I will say it is a huge difference from a G29/G920.  

09Unwound
09Unwound New Reader
10/9/24 3:35 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Im certain its a much better wheel but that is somewhat out of my price range and Im not sure of the playstation compatibility there.

09Unwound
09Unwound New Reader
10/9/24 7:56 p.m.

Another Wheel bundle to consider for me would be the T-GT II which definitely is more pricey but may be worth it in the long run instead of replacing and then replacing again a few years later.

So in summery these are the two wheels im referencing.

T300RS GT Edition: https://www.thrustmaster.com/en-us/products/t300rs-gt-edition/

T-GT II: https://www.thrustmaster.com/en-us/products/t-gt-ii/

09Unwound
09Unwound New Reader
10/10/24 2:38 p.m.

In reply to gunner (Forum Supporter) 

no one yet.

09Unwound
09Unwound New Reader
10/10/24 4:59 p.m.

After some research I actually believe the Gran Tourismo Fanatec DD Pro would be the best option.

gunner (Forum Supporter)
10/12/24 3:37 p.m.

In reply to 09Unwound :

Not knowing your timetable or budget if you are interested in sticking with Thrustmaster and want direct drive you may want to look at the t598 (releasing November) For Playstation and PC.Linky to racy wheely thingie

gunner (Forum Supporter)
10/14/24 7:57 a.m.

I kind of went on a dive to find the cheapest direct drive wheel out there and Fanatec was the clear winner with the CSL DD QR2 Ready2Race Bundle for PC (5 Nm) at 400 usd. The best part to me was that for an additional 100 usd you can get the same setup but including the 150 usd power brick that takes the unit to 8 Nm if you bundle it as well. Linky to Fanatec Bundle

Edit: additionally Corsair bought Fanatec and is enthusiastic about Fantatec's future under them. Apparently the CEO of Corsair is a car enthusiast and has also been trying to buy Fanatec for several years already.

09Unwound
09Unwound New Reader
10/14/24 8:01 a.m.

In reply to gunner (Forum Supporter) :

im not interested in thrustmaster specifically but im sure they have good stuff. This is definitly more doable than the fanatec wheel lol.

09Unwound
09Unwound New Reader
10/14/24 8:02 a.m.

is that compatible with playstation 4?

gunner (Forum Supporter)
10/14/24 8:05 a.m.
09Unwound said:

is that compatible with playstation 4?

Unfortunately when I did my deep dive I forgot to be cognizant of that requirement for you, no the Fanatec is not compatible, sorry about that. Looks like its Thrustmaster for the win for you. Edit, just reread that passage where you arent interested in Thrustmaster. Other companies do have PS compatability but they will cost more. You do seem to be able to mix and match components so maybe buying one peripheral at a time is the way to go. not sure.

09Unwound
09Unwound New Reader
10/14/24 8:08 a.m.

Alright no problem. It does indeed lol. unless I want to spend 700 bucks on kind of the same thing so its compatible the thrustmaster wins. The biggest question would be would I want to upgrade again from the thrustmaster? Edit: its not that I dont like thrustmaster but I dont have a special attachment to the company like some do.

TravisTheHuman
TravisTheHuman MegaDork
10/14/24 8:11 a.m.

The adapter is called Drive Hub.  Its like $80.

The correct solution of course is to to sell the Playstation and play more PC games.

09Unwound
09Unwound New Reader
10/14/24 8:39 a.m.

In reply to TravisTheHuman :

ah but Gran Tourismo lol.

The adapter is definitely interesting but im looking for a new wheel anyway. could work for the fanatec though. Ill compare the two wheels and try to figure out which id want.

Thanks

09Unwound
09Unwound New Reader
10/14/24 8:44 a.m.

Correct me If im wrong but the pedals seem to have a load cell system stock?

09Unwound
09Unwound New Reader
10/14/24 8:44 a.m.

Correct me If im wrong but the pedals seem to have a load cell system stock?

gunner (Forum Supporter)
10/14/24 8:12 p.m.

In reply to 09Unwound :

Not stock but you can change out the springs for different levels of resistance. There will be a 3rd pedal available soon that will have a load cell you can add to the set. I havent seen pricing on it yet.

09Unwound
09Unwound New Reader
10/15/24 8:09 a.m.

Ok, Thank You!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ti1xZyX6igWFwvnjg95RNCA4PbFMCChdImCBYaPJ8xlWDgLbNrgKTxufkt2KBTqm