1 2
Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/16/23 8:40 a.m.

that looks like a hell of a rig for the price.  Nice score, good luck!

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
GPz11 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
6/16/23 9:35 a.m.

Ok, our first "issue" popped up, the oil change light came on.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/16/23 9:48 a.m.

So the Auction page comments.. was somebody trying to influence the auction with all the negative comments? How did you know?

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/16/23 10:17 a.m.

So what would you have done if you came upon an accident? "Thank god, the paramedics are here!" "Sorry, just bought it to be a tow pig."

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
6/16/23 10:36 a.m.

It sure seemed like someone was trying to influence the auction. 

We're just delivering it, we will gladly call 911 for ya!

First stop in Kentucky for a driver change at the Welcome center

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/16/23 10:38 a.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

I've bought a couple of auction vehicles from Govdeals. All of them were very pessimistically listed. The P71 was listed as undrivable due to steering problems and a loss of power steering. Towing recommended. It was low on power steering fluid. I topped it off and it's still on the road. The shuttle bus was listed as end of life. Good for parts or scrap. Towing recommended. I put about 10k on it dragging cars and people all over the state before parking it due to insurance costs. The people listing this stuff just want it gone. They don't care what it sells for, they want it off their books and out of their hair. 

eddychecker
eddychecker New Reader
6/16/23 1:40 p.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

I agree with that.  We are currently in Henryville IN at a nice little buffet spot right off the highway.  The food is tasty and plentiful. Come get some!

Our machine is running great and is getting a cool 13 mpg at a steady 65 mph.

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
6/16/23 7:01 p.m.

We've made to Illinois and enjoying Friday evening traffic but shockingly moving right along for once.

Less than an hour to my house and another 45 minutes for the happy owner to get out to Sycamore.

New radio has already been ordered. Will also need to find some new seats since these are toasted. AC might slight charge but works decently. Steering will be checked next week since it's got a lot of play.

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
6/16/23 7:03 p.m.

Here's the control panel inside the cab.

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
6/16/23 8:02 p.m.

I just got dropped off and Dirk is on the home stretch now.

eddychecker
eddychecker New Reader
6/26/23 12:41 p.m.

In reply to GPz11 (Forum Supporter) :

One last comment, this ride went well with no surprises (except I should stay off the phone while driving). Chuck and I motored along at a steady pace and the ambulance is ready for its new job.  It needed a drag link and the local truck repair shop did it on the overnight shift!  I dropped it off at 9PM and picked it up at 8AM the next morning.  Now it drives like a sports car.  The stickers on the otherhand are much more troublesome to remove. Hopefully it'll be done sooner than later.

glueguy (Forum Supporter)
glueguy (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/26/23 7:26 p.m.

Please do a build thread. Highly interested in this beast and the whole process of auction through "UNDRIVEABLE!!!" to finished for new purpose. 

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
6/27/23 9:30 a.m.

When I had the stickers removed from my old ambulance, my detail guy used a rubber wheel to take them off.  You have to be careful not to burn the paint underneath, it took some time, but turned out pretty darn well.  Good luck!

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
6/27/23 12:29 p.m.

How difficult was it to resist using the lights and sirens? Or were they disabled?

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
6/27/23 1:12 p.m.
clutchsmoke said:

How difficult was it to resist using the lights and sirens? Or were they disabled?

LOL, the sirens had been removed and we wimped out on the lights.

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/30/23 2:07 p.m.

Catching up on some reading. Man, $6k for that is fantastic!

Stinks about the unrealistic descriptions on the site; planning $$$ for the worst would definitely keep me away from most of the shuttle busses. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yrvF3hOoTOVGWWDiHnfNOB10RNXv1yZDmifaIjKPZkNpRaC4TUShvV7OPlq6ZyH1