sevenracer
sevenracer Reader
8/4/20 11:25 p.m.

Google is not delivering consistent info on the LFX and really zero info on the MV5 aka Aisan AY6.

Hoping someone on here has access to a motor and trans to take some measurements.  Isn't the GRM crew swapping this combo into a Miata as we speak?  I'm investigating this swap for a different chassis - copying basic elements of the V8 roadster kit.

For the LFX motor looking for:

Overall length from front accessory belt to rear of motor 

Length from front of oil pan sump to front accessory belt

Length from front of sump to rear trans mating surface

Distance the High pressure fuel pump protrudes past the back of the engine trans mating surface

Overall height from bottom of oil pan to top of intake manifold

Height from bottom of oil pan to center of the crankshaft 

Height from center of crank to top of the intake manifold

For the MV5  trans, hoping to get:

First off an understanding of what's going on with the shifter linkage. I think the v8 roadster kit replaces this with a much shorter linkage and shift tower that sits roughly above but slightly forward of the tail shaft flange?

Length from front edge of bell housing to tail shaft output flange

Front of bell to shift control lever on trans (without the shifter extension)

Diameter of bell housing - or how wide it is at the top/widest point  Looks like it flares out at the top.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

sevenracer
sevenracer Reader
9/26/20 12:46 p.m.

Resurrecting this one. 

Does anybody have access to anything with an LFX (fwd, rwd doesn't matter) and willing to measure a couple of things?  Just the length of the valve covers and how far offset they are from one another would be really helpful.

The critical dimension I need is the height from the center of the crank to the top of the intake (dimension B from pic).  But I think I can get a pretty good idea of that if I can use the valve cover for scale.

Thanks!

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/26/20 12:50 p.m.

GM provides cad models of engines and transmissions to SEMA members. Maybe you can source the info via that route. 

sevenracer
sevenracer Reader
9/27/20 1:26 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Good to know.  I don't think I have any direct contacts who are SEMA  members - I'll have to check on that.

I was still hoping to find a volunteer with a Colorado or Impala and a tape measure!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vGuzZJAiYhAKKqOiLpxIzykxLWK5awaaqs6DoIedZcPaYHkEx6uaQkat8Hq5pVb1