1 2
SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid SuperDork
4/22/12 6:37 p.m.

I honestly don't know what I would do in this situation. Death comes to mind.

http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20120419/EDM_antiquecars_120419/20120419/?hub=EdmontonHome

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/22/12 6:44 p.m.

That doesn't seem like random violence, that seems personal. And I agree, someone needs killin'.

ThePhranc
ThePhranc HalfDork
4/22/12 6:48 p.m.

Castration via hammer.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
4/22/12 6:51 p.m.

I'd settle for life imprisonment...so long as they're kept near fire ants, and I have the ability to squirt sugar water on them whenever the urge strikes me.

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
4/22/12 6:55 p.m.

You guys are just too violent. We need to coddle the perp and try to understand their situation.

It's not important what they did, it's important that we not scar them by being too harsh.

I mean after all, criminals are people too! And that was just a car.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/22/12 6:58 p.m.

I never understood the need to vandalize things..

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
4/22/12 7:22 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: You guys are just too violent. We need to coddle the perp and try to understand their situation. It's not important what they did, it's important that we not scar them by being too harsh. I mean after all, criminals are people too! And that was just a car.

I realize that this was sarcasm, but hearing crazy talk like that is still raising my blood pressure.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
4/22/12 7:27 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO48Vr4KIc8

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/22/12 7:38 p.m.

Often vehicle thefts are set ablaze to remove physical evidence.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy SuperDork
4/22/12 7:45 p.m.

Unfortunately, the only thing you are really able to do in situations like that is rage in impotence.

I find it helpful to have rude fantasies about catching them in the act, but I know in reality I would probably do nothing, because if I did any portion of my fantasy, I would spend far,far more time in jail than the vandal would.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
4/22/12 7:54 p.m.

^^^ This is no time for the voice of reason.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
4/22/12 7:57 p.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO48Vr4KIc8

Words to live by.

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
4/22/12 8:09 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
carguy123 wrote: You guys are just too violent. We need to coddle the perp and try to understand their situation. It's not important what they did, it's important that we not scar them by being too harsh. I mean after all, criminals are people too! And that was just a car.
I realize that this was sarcasm, but hearing crazy talk like that is still raising my blood pressure.

Yes, it was firmly tongue in cheek, but you know that even some of the guys on this forum are thinking it.

ScottRA21
ScottRA21 Reader
4/22/12 8:19 p.m.

This sort of thing just pissed me off because of the cowardice.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
4/22/12 8:21 p.m.
carguy123 wrote:
JoeyM wrote:
Yes, it was firmly tongue in cheek, but you know that even some of the guys on this forum are thinking it.

Yes that's true. Just like the one time I posted about my motorcycle being stolen and someone posted that it was no big deal and maybe the thief needed it more than I did.

I thought he was joking but apparently he wasn't.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
4/22/12 8:54 p.m.

^^^Let me guess...Iggy?

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
4/22/12 9:05 p.m.

I don't remember to be honest

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
4/22/12 9:11 p.m.

I remember that one, it wasn't Iggy unless it was an alter-ego.

Just another douchey troll.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
4/22/12 9:59 p.m.

As hard as I busted my ass to restore my Jensen and build the Jensenator/bike, I do think I'd probably go batE36 M3 if someone vandalized them. So put me in the someone needs killin' camp.

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon HalfDork
4/22/12 10:31 p.m.

I thought you Canadians were a peaceful bunch.

Atleast that's how Michael Moore painted you as...

HiTempguy
HiTempguy SuperDork
4/22/12 11:01 p.m.
BoostedBrandon wrote: I thought you Canadians were a peaceful bunch. Atleast that's how Michael Moore painted you as...

Dude, we're from Alberta. Ontario != the rest of Canada... even if they'd like to think so.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
4/23/12 12:05 a.m.

Yeah...

Alberta likes to think they're Texas.

Out here in B.C., We're the California of Canada.

I still think this is what should be done to thieves (about the 2:00 mark): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYa1IsxGVuc

ScottRA21
ScottRA21 Reader
4/23/12 12:15 a.m.

Canadians ARE a peaceful bunch. Until you start vandalizing someone's property. Especially beautifully restored classics.

Or until some of us start drinking.

Or if you're from Vancouver.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEsk8b09cQM

bravenrace
bravenrace UberDork
4/23/12 6:00 a.m.

Probably some green weenie thinking they're doing the world a favor by removing all these gross polluting vehicles from the road...

Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox SuperDork
4/23/12 8:42 a.m.

Since when are Studebakers and Model T's priceless?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8jRlfnFcwFO4yMiI6BqQjkPNPLxse2xpK2j2TYl0BHNAognwO3mwhG0XZywEFGEG