1 ... 13 14 15
Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
9/8/24 6:01 p.m.

Yup, I wore the stormtrooper. Pretty light crowd, and for us we got help from the Indiana group. Still had a good time though.

We'll be back at the museum the end of the month for a regular daytime event, and much larger crowd. I'll wear the ISB officer for that one, it's a long haul back to the end of hangar 4 with our stuff.

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
9/22/24 12:14 p.m.

Yesterday was the 2nd year for the WACO Fly-In in Troy OH.  Last year was beautiful weather, this year was stupid hot.  That entire field is brown and dead from the drought, they warned people not to smoke anywhere out on the grass.

I was going to wear my stormtrooper again, for the kids, but a serious episode of vertigo Thursday had me still recovering and with the heat, I switched at the last minute.  But at least I could sit down a few times, especially at the free lunch they offered volunteers.  We ended up staying fairly long too, so it was probably a wise choice.  We wanted to see the "bomb drop" contest, they dropped 1# bags of flour on a painted target.  SWMBO's coworker that volunteers and has a plane was competing, and just realized we never got the results.  It was hot, we were done.

This was part of the contest.  Not sure he ever hovered but he definitely was able to stall it out for a bit.  They had a 300' level for the contest, quite a few tries this guy was well above that but dove in afterwards.  He let me sit in it, it's a two-seater (2nd in the back) and the front seat was fairly comfy if compact.  Controls were more helicopter-like.

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
9/28/24 8:09 p.m.

Today was another troop at the Air Force Museum, Rocket Day. With the weather, most of it was indoors but I heard they did manage to launch a few during the day.

Pretty steady crowd, I figured it could go either way: either no one comes out in the rain, or everything is rained out/no power so they all show up. Found out the Ohio Renaissance Festival was closed for no power (and damage) so some people came here instead.

I lost power Friday at 430pm, and kept checking the garage door opener app on my phone. Off-line the whole day, crap. Well at least I had something to do. Went to SWMBO afterwards for a shower and dinner, she lives 4 miles away.

Decided to do the ISB officer, haven't worn it here yet, and helped with getting photos. Next weekend is our first Halloween themed event,  outdoors, and need to decide on costume or maybe handler again.

1 ... 13 14 15

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SOz9y04yqN6K1xjksG69nkRqMMTOoVfOEh0oxGJeI8WavAOfHXFimyJs7apbCDdW