1 2 3 4 5
exotruck
exotruck New Reader
5/7/19 7:20 a.m.

Welp, made the TNIA event but there werent any cancels so i only got paced laps but it was still fun. Im signed up again for the 5/22 event but this time registered to make hot laps. Going in pretty much "stock", my driveline closest resembles a 99-03 JDM Legacy GT twin turbo. But I have a larger single turbo and 05-09 Legacy GT brakes. Have aso been making some upgrades to my data logging. Mostly a button behind steering wheel that i can trigger ecu into log mode within easy reach.

Paced laps (ignore track lap data, its a place holder for my racerender template)

Romraider data working

OjaiM5
OjaiM5 New Reader
5/7/19 8:49 a.m.

Good Lord that thing is Gnarly and sounds great!

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
5/7/19 9:26 a.m.

Wow, really impressed with your setup. Fantastic build!

exotruck
exotruck New Reader
6/7/19 1:02 p.m.
Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/19 1:14 p.m.

Nice!

One suggestion I might add for track work:  Arm restraints.

exotruck
exotruck New Reader
6/7/19 2:02 p.m.

In reply to Stefan :

i had them with me, but i cant do the required point by's while wearing them

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/19 2:14 p.m.

Somehow, I saw this truck in person before I saw the thread here. ( I was the guy at Collier Field drooling over it) It is so well put together...if a vehicle like this could look factory, this one does. 

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
6/7/19 2:20 p.m.
exotruck said:

got my VIN plate, registration plate and Insurance cards this week. Drove it to work today, going to get final window sticker put on at lunch.

Very interesting.  What did you use for the Manufacturer's Statement of Origin (MSO) paperwork?  I think you could have used the subie donor's MSO if you were titling as a subaru, but you didn't title that way.  What did you use for an MSO?  

Stefan
6/7/19 2:51 p.m.
exotruck said:

In reply to Stefan :

i had them with me, but i cant do the required point by's while wearing them

Bright orange gloves tends to solve that problem. 

OjaiM5
OjaiM5 New Reader
6/7/19 5:50 p.m.

You should quit your day job and just build these killer track creations for people. Awesome 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 HalfDork
6/7/19 6:40 p.m.

What point -bys???? All I saw on the vids was eating Porschescheeky

exotruck
exotruck New Reader
6/9/19 3:46 p.m.

In reply to JoeyM :

I had to generate a MSO since I was the manufacturer. It's titled as a special construction. Registered as a truck.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/9/19 4:07 p.m.

This thing is epic. Thanks for sharing.

Scottah
Scottah Dork
6/9/19 5:25 p.m.

Nice. I use that on ramp every morning as well. Much less fun with my Silverado. 

Maybe I missed it, but what logging/tuning software are you using? I’m trying to learn evoscan and ECU flash and I know a lot of subie guys use the same. 

slowbird
slowbird New Reader
6/9/19 6:58 p.m.

Oh man. The fact that you were able to get that to be road legal in PA gives me a lot of hope for my pie-in-the-sky dreams of a street-legal tubeframe IMSA GT car.

exotruck
exotruck New Reader
6/10/19 6:02 a.m.

In reply to Scottah :

We use Ecuflash since its the software that actually does the reading and writing to ECU. A lot of guys also tune with it, i do a little but i prefer Romraider to tune with. Romraider also does logging, Ecuflash doesnt log. The telemetry data on video is a mix of Btssm (an android app that also logs subaru ecu's) and the gps/g-force data via cell phone running Track Addict app. Then Racerender3 puts it all together, syncing it all is a pain but once its sync's its pretty straight forward

RandolphCarter
RandolphCarter New Reader
6/10/19 8:56 p.m.

This is glorious.

I had a 2011 Forester. I had dreams of light mods, at least until the engine decided to start eating head gaskets.

What is the power to weight ratio of this tube chassis chariot of dreams?

exotruck
exotruck New Reader
6/11/19 6:02 a.m.

In reply to RandolphCarter :

right now after i wore out the 2.2L, im at about 6.25:1. Hoping over the winter to ter down this 2.0 and swap in some aftermarket rods and pistons, reinstall my ARP head studs and get it back up to 450whp, that should get me into the 4:1 range

exotruck
exotruck New Reader
7/10/19 7:03 a.m.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
7/10/19 8:37 a.m.
exotruck said:

In reply to JoeyM :

I had to generate a MSO since I was the manufacturer. It's titled as a special construction. Registered as a truck.

OK I'm glad that the self-generated MSO is an option in PA.  Hopefully it is here in FL as well....

artur1808
artur1808 GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/24/19 8:38 a.m.

Spotted this while looking through some pictures from STPR. I never thought a subaru could simultaneously look so cool, yet so out of place, at a rally event. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/24/19 8:41 a.m.
JoeyM said:
exotruck said:

In reply to JoeyM :

OK I'm glad that the self-generated MSO is an option in PA.  Hopefully it is here in FL as well....

It's Florida. They'll let you register a toaster with flashlights. 

FunkyCricket
FunkyCricket Reader
9/25/19 10:29 a.m.

Question, cause I don't know much about track days, but it seemed like you had a lot left in the go department but were keeping passes limited to the long straight. Are you needing more breaks, or is this just a keep things friendly, don't ride people, pass when it's safest type of thing.

I can't imagine how insane that would be with MORE power. It seems to go like stink as it is.

Stefan
9/25/19 11:09 a.m.
FunkyCricket said:

Question, cause I don't know much about track days, but it seemed like you had a lot left in the go department but were keeping passes limited to the long straight. Are you needing more breaks, or is this just a keep things friendly, don't ride people, pass when it's safest type of thing.

I can't imagine how insane that would be with MORE power. It seems to go like stink as it is.

Track Days are about fun and going quickly in a safe, controlled manner.  There is no winning or competition.  Many Track Days are run with passing only on the straights and some add the requirement of a point by from the other car.  These rules are in place for Novice and Intermediate groups and often relaxed for the Advanced groups (which is where the instructors are often pulled from).  These rules are covered via the information provided by the group running the event and is hammered home during the mandatory driver's meeting before any cars hit the track.  Novices often will get paraded around the track for a few laps by an instructor or two before being released on their own.  The Corner Workers also watch the cars closely and call in any violations or anyone that appears to be driving over their limits or perhaps need some help.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/25/19 11:56 a.m.

In reply to exotruck :

I am 90% certain that if you were to start selling these chassis ala Exocet, you wouldn't be able to make them fast enough, especially with the way that Subaru bodies return to the Earth around here. The idea of having an over-the-top play toy that you can actually do work with is mind blowing. And the fact that you're in Pennsylvania means that I could drive down and pick up my new chassis, thereby avoiding the expense of shipping.

If it is designed so that you can change the head gaskets without pulling the engine, you will get me to a full 100% certainty.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BpjAI09IJlIhfLfml1EPwFjo7BhAsgsasSEgFbqtEqJevbN6sBzhWS10iA6qc2II