1 ... 11 12 13
Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/4/23 1:41 p.m.

That's a slow fill. Any idea what the charge rate was?

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/4/23 4:05 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

I looked it up on PlugShare. It's a 25 kW station. I didn't know that they made them that small! No wonder it took so long. The smallest I had seen was 62.5 kW here in town.

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
6/5/23 9:47 p.m.

In this section of the Midwest it's pretty barren except the Tesla network.

I hit up a 150kw station to bring me from 50% to 90% for the return. The unit was charging at 90kw when I was the only vehicle charging. It was booking.

charging was free with my Ford charging points I got. 

There are really a lot of chargers in Madison area but almost all of them are 6.2kw, which didn't really do much for you, unless you leave a vehicle overnight

The chargers really stumbled once another car came in. Nice lady in a Volvo suv. On a side bar a guy in a bmw ev tried to back in to a 350kw charger and wiped out his quarter and door. The inner body man in me cringed hard

Keith Tanner
6/6/23 12:08 a.m.

Max charging speed is also a factor of your current battery state of charge. The more power in the battery, the slower it charges. 

6.2 is indeed useful for an overnight. Or a sip while shopping. It's not intended as a mid-trip refuel, and those fast chargers tend to be close to travel routes - the same way truck stops are. 

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
6/6/23 8:33 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

I'm excited now that Ford will be in the Tesla network. Be a game changer!

Keith Tanner
6/6/23 10:41 p.m.

In reply to Norma66-Brent :

It's exciting news for sure. Very good for the industry overall. 

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
6/18/23 9:57 p.m.

the light bar died today. It's part of a recall for moisture getting in, my truck is impacted obviously. No parts leadtime available. Poo

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
6/19/23 9:17 p.m.

First service at 10k was free which was nice. Not very impressed with the tech that did the inspection, apparently my engine, transmission oil and the exhaust is all in good health indecision

only thing that needed done was rotating the tires

Loweguy5
Loweguy5 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/3/23 8:54 a.m.

Great updates.  Sorry about the light bar.  I think Ford nailed the lighting on this model (aside from the flaw I guess)!

1 ... 11 12 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dWqm80llqos7BBPeXcWkDsP3DzpqxiudId2LrrUi9mqfPNLlVr6RudN1y8AdW4eM