1 ... 16 17 18 19 20
loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
3/21/24 9:18 p.m.
Recon1342 said:

The wide-body mods you did turned out fantastic!

Probably 95% of the people who see this car will never notice it being wider than normal.

Excellent work, sir!

Thank you, when it's altogether I want to get an overhead shot of the car beside a stock 67 Camaro so you can see the difference

loosecannon
loosecannon UltraDork
3/25/24 8:50 p.m.

More progress, fitting the hood took hours of fiddling (this pic taken before we got it perfect)

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
3/26/24 3:21 p.m.

Man that thing is beautiful.  You look pretty pleased with things in that picture.  Now to finish it and drive that pretty beast in anger!

loosecannon
loosecannon UltraDork
3/27/24 7:49 p.m.

Bolted some carbon bits on it today

loosecannon
loosecannon UltraDork
3/30/24 10:25 p.m.

The Camaro has come home with me-YAY!!! I went over there and installed the trunk lid, spoiler and splitter then drove it into the trailer. Then I took it to my side gig and put it up on a lift for the first time ever and took some pics of the underside.

loosecannon
loosecannon UltraDork
3/31/24 9:07 p.m.

Installed the grill and center console and drivers seat today. I only installed the center console because I thought I needed to make a new housing for the gauges but it turns out that TMI made allowances for the factory gauge housing. Yes, I know I still have to figure out a shift boot. I installed the seat because I need to move the car and sitting on a milk crate was very dangerous

loosecannon
loosecannon UltraDork
4/1/24 10:22 p.m.

Ok, enough static pictures, some of you want video so here it is OMG It's beautiful!!

loosecannon
loosecannon UltraDork
4/15/24 7:37 p.m.

The upholstery shop built a rear seat frame from scratch and installed the seat. It looks great and actually feels comfortable, and as a bonus the whole thing weighs only 18 lbs

loosecannon
loosecannon UltraDork
4/21/24 8:22 a.m.

I finally have the car back in my hands and I'm really happy about that. The headliner is in and looking beautiful. It's alcantara and seems very posh. 

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) MegaDork
4/21/24 8:24 a.m.

This thing is going to be glorious when complete !!

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/21/24 11:35 a.m.

I disagree Warren. It is glorious right now, it will be unbelievable when finished.

loosecannon
loosecannon UltraDork
4/21/24 11:02 p.m.

10 HOURS! That's how long I spent installing the carpet, center console, seats, harnesses and sunvisors. Unfortunately, the dash pad did not fit, which is strange because the dash is unmodified and TMI makes such good stuff. I'm going to see if the upholstery shop can modify it.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
4/21/24 11:12 p.m.

Mr. Talent - Congratulations on this successful build.

loosecannon
loosecannon UltraDork
4/21/24 11:53 p.m.

Oh yeh, I also added carbon fibre sill plates from Anvil

loosecannon
loosecannon UltraDork
4/22/24 10:39 p.m.

I replaced the quarter glass, associated seals and trim (powdercoated black of course) and added the first interior panel

loosecannon
loosecannon UltraDork
4/25/24 8:45 a.m.

I finally have a video of the interior install, it's all in except the harness guide bar,dash pad and door panels Click for Video

loosecannon
loosecannon UltraDork
5/7/24 11:28 p.m.

I put a parcel shelf cover in and had to cut it to slip over the roll bar, so I used a carbon fibre vinyl strip over the cut line. It's not car show pretty but it works and looks pretty good. With a tinted back window in, I don't think anybody will spot it

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/8/24 11:33 a.m.
loosecannon said:

It's not car show pretty but it works and looks pretty good.

What fecking car shows do you go to that THIS isn't car show pretty? Dubai maybe?

loosecannon
loosecannon UltraDork
5/9/24 8:24 a.m.

The harness guide bar just got back from powdercoat and it bolted right in. I added a Halgard fire extinguisher to the middle of the bar and hopefully I never get to use it.

Recon1342
Recon1342 UltraDork
5/9/24 8:53 a.m.

In reply to loosecannon :

Function has a beauty all its own.

loosecannon
loosecannon UltraDork
5/10/24 11:10 p.m.

Got the passenger side vent window and door glass in-this took 4 hours to get in and adjusted half decent!

loosecannon
loosecannon UltraDork
5/13/24 10:49 p.m.

Wow, just wow. After the success of installing the passenger side glass, I installed the door panel and it looks great however the door bars don't fit so those will have to be remade. That was a a minor setback. Then I installed the door seal and the door needed a little more oomph to close with the new seal. Well, a little more oomph was given and the window promptly shattered into a thousand pieces. I was pretty upset over this so I took on a different task to take my mind off it. I built a new, more aggressive splitter. It still needs spacers made and paint but it looks way better than the other one, IMO.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/14/24 5:54 a.m.

I have done that trick with the door glass more than twice. You're not alone. 

Recon1342
Recon1342 UltraDork
5/14/24 9:28 a.m.

In reply to loosecannon :

Frameless doors scare me...

loosecannon
loosecannon UltraDork
5/15/24 11:08 p.m.

The splitter is all done, I love it

1 ... 16 17 18 19 20

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners