1 2
Apis Mellifera
Apis Mellifera Dork
5/20/24 8:13 a.m.
octavious said:

https://www.facebook.com/share/4rLLDAZ1nbcigcjv/?mibextid=79PoIi

914 trans for $500

That's exactly what I'm looking for and at a reasonable price.  It would be a nine hour round trip to pick it up, unfortunately.

Regarding engines, I have four, but realistically only two are viable; a '70 2.2 and a '76 or 7 2.7.  The 2.2 is complete.  The 2.7 is missing most of the FI parts.  I plan to swap the 2.2 carbs over to the the 2.7.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UberDork
5/20/24 8:36 a.m.

This sounds like a job for the GRM relay team. 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
5/20/24 11:58 a.m.

I have a cousin not too far from Knoxville that is a die hard car guy and would probably be willing to help. But I know we have a few GRM members here that are in the Knoxville area.

Apis Mellifera
Apis Mellifera Dork
5/20/24 12:03 p.m.

It needs to get to Charleston, WV.  I am a little concerned about buying one by proxy because that's how I ended up with the boat anchor I have now, but if people are willing, I'd appreciate it.  There's another in Pittsburgh that's about the same drive, but it looks a little crusty and appears to be a tail shift.  Knoxville looks like a gamble I'd take and being that it "needs gone ASAP" maybe a helpful GRMer can buy it cheaper and then sell it to me for $500.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/585275146490738/

Apis Mellifera
Apis Mellifera Dork
9/27/24 10:39 a.m.

A small update:

I now have 914 transmissions!  I saw a FaceBook ad from the next town over for a 2.0 911 crankshaft and asked the guy if he had any other parts.  He did.  $75 for a 914 gearbox; side shift or tail shift - my pick.  I left for his place with $400 in my pocket.  He ended up giving me both transmissions for $75.  Long story short, I left with $25 in my pocket and a lot of parts I needed.

Note the shift forks on top of the left transmission.  I used this bad side shifter to convert the tail shift (on the right) to side shift, so now I have two side shifters.  The one I assembled doesn't shift well, so I'll have to take it apart again to make sure the forks are aligned correctly.  Also, for the 914 people, what is the purpose of the nylon wheel thing next to where the axle attached on the right gearbox?

Purple Frog
Purple Frog GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/27/24 11:24 a.m.

The nylon wheel turns the clutch cable around 180 degrees.

The cable is a great solution.  But, on Outlaw Bug I had to convert to hydralics because of "stuff".  Used Wilwood pull type slave cylinder originally designed for Fox body conversions.   

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3PwjNqxBJghOyIsaiPVeaZ6sNS0DUdemS53p9c2b7YyZGkfbW1d3bOcYuMcf0nJv