1 ... 50 51 52 53
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) UberDork
3/5/24 9:47 a.m.

So in 2021 buddy of mine bought it for a cheap work car, he put tires, brakes, timing belt and a battery in it, the exhaust fell off and it started to have a hard time starting so he parked it. It got some mice in the air box and he messaged me he was gonna scrap it so here we are. 

Pulled the air box to get the mice out. 

Replaced these super nice ground straps. 

Fires right up, need to fix the positive battery cable lead still, and tape up the new ground strap so it's not red. 

Needs a driver's door card, Airbox, exhaust fixed, passenger side window regulator and a deep clean badly. 

3/11/24 10:31 a.m.

Junkyard trip yielded some goodies. Just not everything. 

dash bent 

Radiator cap and overflow and a timing cover 

Need to find a door card and order some small parts and pull the starter and have it rebuilt. It's pretty threatening, I'll upload a video when I get a moment. 

Note: battery is good, load tested. All grounds and power cables are good and even adding more grounds did not help situation with the starter. It does sometimes arc off itself if it's dark out. 

GCrites
GCrites Dork
3/11/24 11:01 a.m.

Someone must have had a ham for a forearm

3/11/24 12:51 p.m.

In reply to GCrites :

Absolutely. These power coupe door cards also cost damn near as much as what I paid for it 😭

RustBeltSherpa
RustBeltSherpa Reader
3/11/24 2:26 p.m.
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) said:

Well I continue to be a glutton for cheap running and riding cars. My new to me 97 civic coupe 5 speed. $500 and some more info to come. 

Nice score, Prof. Brap! Factory sunroof and body-colored side moldings makes it an EX. Had one in black/black. Was lots of fun and functional with the split fold-down rear seat.

3/11/24 2:34 p.m.

In reply to RustBeltSherpa :

Speaking of sunroof. Need to do some looking but the sunroof drains are probably why there is water on the passenger floor 

greasemonkeyreborne_5x1gs
greasemonkeyreborne_5x1gs Reader
3/11/24 6:56 p.m.

Radiator cap looks pretty frothy.   It's amazing what a good, total flush of the cooling system will do.

I don't think I've had an older car w sunroof drains not shrink an separate....    I'd say "bullseye!"

3/12/24 11:13 a.m.

In reply to greasemonkeyreborne_5x1gs :

Flushed the cooling system last night. Was quite nasty. 

After I pull the starter and send it off I'll probably work on the probable sunroof leak

3/18/24 8:15 p.m.

Well was gonna finish up the street tuning on the yellow car, towed it to my buddies house. Did a few hours of tuning and we went to drive it and it was driving fine. Went to pull away from a stop sign and any load and the car would misfire and stumble and hardly run. 

Quick check over some stuff, let the car cool back off, run for 10 min and would do it again. Fuel pump is dying. 

Pic from tow home. 

Pulled the pump, it was nastyyyy. Cleaned the tank really good inside. 

New filter and a new 255 and she is running like a top. 1-3rd spins hard (225 all seasons) if you stand on them, good transitions throttle, cruising is awesome to. Had to clean up a handful of small things well within my ability. Put a few hundred miles on it this weekend 

GCrites
GCrites Dork
3/19/24 9:48 p.m.

As an F-Body guy it's nice to see a car where you don't have to remove the rear axle to get the tank out.

3/19/24 11:22 p.m.

In reply to GCrites :

Agreed. I think I had the tank drained, out, pumps changed and tank back in and fired up in less than a hour and a half. 

4/2/24 1:30 p.m.

$15 used Intake, O2 sensor, leak fixed, window fixed on the civic. 

SI got some fresh headlights

Before: 

After: 

Yellow neon got Cam gear cover installed

GCrites
GCrites Dork
4/2/24 4:40 p.m.

I DO NOT know where that last picture is. Looks interesting.

4/2/24 5:01 p.m.

In reply to GCrites :

mount wood overlook in wheeling. 

4/5/24 10:16 p.m.

Jeep got a freshie wheel bearing 

Then be mean to said wheel bearing 

Silver civic is gone 

Scored me a redbull shelf, and a chop saw from the junkyard. 

4/14/24 8:53 p.m.

365k oil change, trans flush, grease, bolt check, and swap to summer wheels. 

Alternator rebuild on the jeep. 

Used the trash power washer for a few hours washing stuff. 

4/19/24 3:24 p.m.

Jeep developed a no start condition and ended up being an ignition switch. Also cleaned the shift sector switch since it has been acting up some recently and reset it. 

Put a cam gear cover on yellow car since timing is locked in finally. I still need to figure out a better coolant overflow bottle. 

4/23/24 5:57 p.m.

Utoh, new junk alert. 

4/26/24 10:41 p.m.

1986 Ford LTD Crown Vic LX 

110k 5.0 A0D 

Was leaking from water pump area, just had a new water pump like 40 miles ago that leaked horribly. 

Needs:

water pump leak fixed

Brakes looked at (soft) 

Cleaned 

Checked over. 

Stripped it down and thermostat was stuck open, water pump had 1 and a half gaskets on it and had a bolt broken off in timing cover and not a single bolt was tight. 

2002 Ford ranger 3.0 5 speed 4x4 

Has a super nasty vibration when moving at any speed, parking brake drags horrible, front brakes suck and gosh it's nasty. 

First step..... Power wash. Even the inside. 

4/27/24 4:32 p.m.

Cut the seized parking brake cables, pulled the drums to check to make sure I didn't need to order more than cables. 

Replaced the broken tail gate handle, changed oil, new air filter, new wipers, washed inside and out (half ass) checked over everything (needs tie rods) and found my vibration that is the front driveshaft being loose. 

4/29/24 5:35 p.m.

Redid the rear brakes on the let's, shoes where on wrong. Been fighting a intermittent misfire. Trying to run all the fuel out of since it's pretty old before doing anything else. 

5/16/24 9:52 p.m.

Fresh rear wheel bearings for tabbie. 

Wait a day and get hit at a stop sign. Better half was stopped at the stop sign and dude turned wide. 

5/24/24 8:19 a.m.

Trans and motor mounts on the XJ. 

Black neon is at body shop so better half has been daily driving her yellow swapped neon. Not much feedback beyond "this thing is quick" "it doesn't feel clapped"

6/14/24 11:53 a.m.

Been swamped in customer work but fixed the AC in the Ltd 

Did some oil changes, trans fluid on si, ordered CV for jeep, debasge ranger and just have been busy. 

greasemonkeyreborne_5x1gs
greasemonkeyreborne_5x1gs Reader
6/14/24 3:25 p.m.

Pix fo the Jeep on the dirt pile.   Reminds me when I drive back home to Michigan on 75, a dealership or assembly plant on the way always has a 4WD on a big hill.

Hope no one was injured in the accident.

1 ... 50 51 52 53

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qqTRJuGeZluf6xpiY37jnD7n24Mjfi7FmgWbxN9RT6ctLlvyeSO3dbNcF6boR8l0