1 ... 3 4 5
jr02518
jr02518 Reader
10/9/19 4:40 p.m.

If it was a BMW I would suggest using a smoke machine and fix the vacuum leaks. 

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
10/9/19 5:52 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

iac is in place and working.

tester
tester New Reader
10/10/19 7:57 a.m.

Wiggle the wiring near the back of the intake. The “Salt and Pepper” connectors were a problem back in the day. This car may not have them, but there may be a splice in their former location. 

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
10/10/19 9:03 a.m.

In reply to tester :

Found the problem. Feeling kinda sheepish but it is fixed and the car is running. Still need to take it for a drive to see if the T5 that we swapped bor the AOD is any good.  It was assembled from a pile of spares that much we do know. I know it will go into each gear and that the car will move forward or backwards, but no road test yet to see if noisy or whatever. Fingers crossed.

One of the team members has a smoke machine used for stage work. We conscripted it to pump smoke into the intake and found three big vacuum leaks where the mailbox upper met the lower manifold. We forgot to fill some drilled holes when we fabbed up the mailbox intake.

Need to put new tires on the car, do pads and rotors and maybe sort out a fuel gauge since it would be a good thing on a long drive. Oh, and maybe reassemble the interior cause it looks like a bomb went off in there.

Pete

TVR Scott
TVR Scott GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/10/19 9:34 a.m.

Cool!  I'm glad it was an easy fix.

tester
tester New Reader
10/10/19 3:01 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

Awesome!!

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
10/17/19 4:44 p.m.

Hotel was already booked. Just completed regi$tration and build book is complete so it might happen!

Pete

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/17/19 5:09 p.m.

Im really looking forward to meeting you. 

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/18/19 10:17 a.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

I am looking forward to meeting you as well. The Challenge this year is shaping up to be great.

TVR Scott
10/30/19 4:10 p.m.

So????  How'd it go???

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/30/19 4:18 p.m.

In reply to TVR Scott :

Ummmmm, not well.  

TVR Scott
10/30/19 5:26 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Uh oh.  I worried that was the case.

fanfoy
fanfoy SuperDork
11/3/19 6:52 p.m.

So what happened to this? 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
11/3/19 6:58 p.m.

Word on the street is the car was quickly parted and sold after some complications that made attending the Challenge not happen. He has moved other cars into the garage and is back to doing interesting work on beautiful cars. 

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
268MiJNN94FJ0ZQ8zuD48GQ3Z0XKUEPfB2sTsBlvuwwY8BihP0RoMCO9q2qbD860