1 ... 20 21 22 23
Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
6/22/15 8:30 p.m.

How heavy is a C3 body?

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
6/22/15 8:31 p.m.
Wally wrote: In reply to JThw8: If you cut the Vette between the door and the front wheel it looks like it would come close to the Death Race car

If memory serves the Death Race car was actually a modified Bradley GT (VW kit) Id much rather keep this as corvette looking as possible to piss of a lot of people.

Still this is mostly just imagining, I guess I can get the guy down to $500 but that's still $500 more than I should be spending on hairbrained ideas right now.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
6/22/15 8:31 p.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote: How heavy is a C3 body?

Before or after I cut everything out of it but the shell?

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
6/22/15 9:09 p.m.

In reply to JThw8:

After I suppose. I've just got the history of sailboat fiberglass construction in my head in which early stuff was extremely overbuilt and thick.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
6/22/15 9:25 p.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote: In reply to JThw8: After I suppose. I've just got the history of sailboat fiberglass construction in my head in which early stuff was extremely overbuilt and thick.

It wouldnt be any heavier than throwing a beetle body on it and I can overcome wieght with more motor ;)

Now accepting donations for bad ideas. I'd love to do this but really its a terrible use of available funds. I should call the guy and see if he wants any of my other crap in trade.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/22/15 11:10 p.m.

100% death race!

youngfg
youngfg New Reader
6/23/15 8:42 a.m.

I have a never been installed Vokaro body I will sell for $350.00
You would have to come to Kentucky to get it.

Pics of a Vokaro from Google.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ HalfDork
6/23/15 8:44 a.m.

That Vokaro looks like a Spitfire ate a Manx! I like it

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
6/23/15 8:51 a.m.
youngfg wrote: I have a never been installed Vokaro body I will sell for $350.00 You would have to come to Kentucky to get it.

Very cool and I'm tempted to come get it for a future project but the purpose of throwing the VW or corvette body on the Lot Lizard would be to have a title for it to register it. Getting a title for the Lizard with or without the Vokaro body would be the same hell here in NJ.

FooBag
FooBag GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/23/15 9:30 a.m.
JThw8 wrote: or Death Race Im still partial to Corvette Summer but I'll admit the Death Race car fits the Lot Lizard theme. I'm so glad I dont have the money right now or I'd seriously build this.

I know the guy who owns one of the actual Death Race cars. I would say that you absolutely need to go that route as the chassis/engine that is under the Corvette skin is actually a VW Beetle!

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
6/23/15 9:52 a.m.

There's VW beetle under that skin because its not a corvette skin. It was a shala-vette kit car used to build it.

Truth be known if I did do it then the thing would probably end up a combination of both styles with my own bits tossed in. Something in green to keep the lot lizard name alive but not full on copy of the death race car.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/23/15 12:20 p.m.

I don't remember the Vette bodies being too heavy. Aside from the steel birdcage around the windshield/cowl it's fairly thin fiberglass.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
6/23/15 1:43 p.m.

In reply to JThw8:

Oh wow... That Vette body looks awesome, although can't tell if it includes the hood.

I'd be glad to toss a $20 check in the air cleaner box towards that aquisition. No... haven't forgot about that... just keep getting distracted when I get home as I train for a race in a month.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
6/23/15 3:30 p.m.
Ian F wrote: In reply to JThw8: Oh wow... That Vette body looks awesome, although can't tell if it includes the hood. I'd be glad to toss a $20 check in the air cleaner box towards that aquisition. No... haven't forgot about that... just keep getting distracted when I get home as I train for a race in a month.

No hood = more excuse to build a Corvette Summer replica. A buddy of mine owns a C3 I could take a mold from if I had to, or buy one of those mock up motors and build a fake blown V8 sticking up out of the front for giggles ;)

Training is important, I have no rush on the air cleaner. Keep with the training and good luck with the race!

Fobroader
Fobroader Reader
6/23/15 4:47 p.m.

Absolutely amazing project!! This thing makes me giggle....well done!!!!!

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
6/23/15 4:57 p.m.

So, in looking at the Corvette summer car, and the Death Race car, there's a LOT of similarities. I think it'd be very easy to get a lot lizard theme if you did a Corvette summer car, and painted it green. Bonus points for painting the front wing pink like a tongue sticking out.

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
6/23/15 5:53 p.m.

There's a Vokaro body, I think attached to a VW pan, in the wrecked/discarded car area at the Timber Ridge service station in Ouray , Colorado. This one has a front hood cutout, and the hood appears to be missing. Haven't stopped to look at it, but I can see it at the top of the pile peeking over the fence as I drive by.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
6/23/15 8:15 p.m.
Jim Pettengill wrote: There's a Vokaro body, I think attached to a VW pan, in the wrecked/discarded car area at the Timber Ridge service station in Ouray , Colorado. This one has a front hood cutout, and the hood appears to be missing. Haven't stopped to look at it, but I can see it at the top of the pile peeking over the fence as I drive by.

I've got a buddy up here with a lowered VW pan on air ride, if I was to go after that Vokaro posted here I'd pop it on that, maybe with a Subie motor to make it interesting :)

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
8/4/15 9:45 a.m.

Ok, time to move this one down the road so I can make room for the next bit of crazy in my life.

I don't suspect it will sell fast so I'll continue to update the thread as I tinker with it and hey if its still around in the spring, I'll bring it back for a 2nd go at the skidpad.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/open-classifieds/the-lot-lizard-autocrossskidpad-car-nj/104301/page1/

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
8/19/15 5:51 p.m.

dammit....its gonna be hard to resist this....wonder if I could piece it all together in time to drive it down to the Challenge

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5177831123.html

$500

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
8/19/15 5:58 p.m.

I was hoping this update was you saying you had decided to get MotorMoron's free Radical nose and graft it on.

Found this:

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
8/19/15 6:00 p.m.

the concept is tempting but at the end of it I still have a race only car and I dont race. If I put all the bits in a Baja I can street drive it and throw the slicks on for an occasional autocross.

Really since there's no interest in buying it it's this or start parting it out which Im very ready to do.

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
8/19/15 7:51 p.m.

and sudden change of plans as a buyer has emerged to buy it as a roller with the subie motor.....

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
9/7/15 11:39 a.m.

Well I still have this, lots of interest in it as a roller but no money in my hand yet. Willing to make a good deal as a roller to a GRMer, subie motor included to inspire insanity.

But since it's still here I decided it was time to pull the motor and replace the throwout bearing. Not sure why I've been putting it off, its so easy to pull the motor in this thing. So that's all done at least, I'll probably put the motor back in next weekend and take it to one of the remaining autocrosses this season.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/7/15 4:02 p.m.
JThw8 wrote: dammit....its gonna be hard to resist this....wonder if I could piece it all together in time to drive it down to the Challenge http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5177831123.html $500

Yes, yes you can

1 ... 20 21 22 23

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JyzFgN61SE1Y7aIXhHsHOc5jQ496BcddWr06PEIdqEvqh5mUpmlyrCzu8lXicuUK