1 2
AAZCD (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD (Forum Supporter) Dork
2/2/21 10:54 a.m.

I thought I smelled gas. No obvious leaks. Maybe it was another car.

Next tme driving... Yes, I do smell gas. Not strong but inside and slightly on the outside by the engine.

At night probing with the light of my phone, I found a wet injector. Searching the Toyota forums, bad o-rings are not uncommon.

Getting a new full set from RA. Best to do them all while the fuel rail is off. It looks like a relatively simple and quick job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-twrdfx078

orthoxstice
orthoxstice New Reader
2/2/21 12:15 p.m.

Something to check for preventative purposes is that the vent lines for the 4wd actuators are intact and unclogged. The aforementioned sequoia I work on has me replacing both the front axle and transfer case ones due to corrosion and failure of the motors. On certain sequoias this involves dropping and splitting the transfer case, not fun!

AAZCD (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD (Forum Supporter) Dork
2/5/21 9:18 p.m.

The fuel injector 0-ring thing is done. Sort of. The set of 0-rings I got didn't include the lower seals. I should have noticed when I was buying them. I ended up going to the local auto parts store and buying a set for a single injector for about $16 (wish I had bought 8 sets from RA for $1.84 ea). The single bad seal is replaced and all the upper seals on the left side are done. No fuel smell.

After that I got a canoe. These are retired river rentals...

When I got there Courtney said, "Just pick one out and leave money at the front door. I think I'm coming down with COVID."

Most of them were very rough when I looked closely. Crooked gunwales, multiple cracked ribs, and lots of dents. I found one that was straight with a good floor, one cracked brace, and what looks like a gunshot wound - about 9mm, entry and exit. I loaded it on Sequoia, left money at the door, and headed back home happy.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PxX1SFXzGcg1IEDqJS8JHjyuTQFSGmpOQuY8Qiw28ol4VygVeHWAy3Xw1d52y8eN