1 2
BigDaddyDeek
BigDaddyDeek New Reader
6/9/24 2:47 p.m.

Bit of a delayed post, been a busy couple weeks getting the LTD ready to drive down to the North GA Gambler 500, and then I smashed my phone while out on the trails as soon as we arrived at the event so I've been catching up this week!

Before leaving, we got the LTD buttoned up with some new steering links and front sway bar hardware. After the new struts a few weeks ago it made all the rest of the looseness way more apparent and made the car much harder to drive!

The new rubber up front and a fresh tape measure alignment helped loads. Finished up patching the holes in the trunk and the car was feeling great.

Similar to the missing driveshaft hardware hours before the drive down to The Challenge last year, the LTD experienced it's second ever mechanical failure the evening before we left: a rusted through negative battery lead. Luckily I had one on hand and we were back in working order shortly. The overall reliability of this heap and the timing of these two minor failures have me feeling very lucky. I can only imagine that out there is a Deity of Mechanical Endeavors helping to make these adventures just interesting enough.

The Gambler was great. I'll share a couple pictures from friends, but I don't have many due to the aforementioned phone incident...

The LTD is always a pleasure and it's great to take it out to events like the Gambler with people who appreciate it's quirks. Camping for the event was at the Sugar Creek Raceway dirt track in Blue Ridge, GA. We got to do some parade laps in the Gambler vehicles and it was my first ever circle track event which was quite a treat!

BigDaddyDeek
BigDaddyDeek New Reader
6/9/24 2:50 p.m.

The LTD has been a fun little adventure, but I figured it's time to clear out the (very big) garage spot and try something new. Listed on Facebook now, right by the Nashville airport if anyone here is interested. 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1000853208274685

Thanks for following along guys, and long live the LTD!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vH2wvkIHKswMyMZ8uzTx0rfZz1dFb7gJ4b5tJmotP07oqfXLiy5ZKsOV2ZkPvGhN