1 ... 53 54 55 56
TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UberDork
6/28/24 4:50 p.m.

The engineering and originality on this is so far beyond the hot rod norm that it deserves to make big money. 

MuSTANK
MuSTANK Reader
6/29/24 11:11 a.m.

Unfortunately, you have some pretty muddy waters there. Various titles, listings as a 2018 hand built and all. Most states will require all of the safety and emissions equipment based on the 2018 model year and an assembled vehicle at that. BAT looks long and hard at this sort of documentation of lack of it as their reputation is ALWAYS on the line and is pretty much all that they have that separates them from the lesser auction houses.

Good luck if you pursue BAT, we had to double dot every I and cross every T before were were accepted.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/5/24 12:45 p.m.

Took some pretty pictures

TurboFource
TurboFource Dork
8/5/24 8:55 p.m.

Those are pretty pictures!

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
8/5/24 9:35 p.m.

In reply to TurboFource :

Pictures look great!

I assume they are for the "for sale" ad?

I'd really love to buy this from you, it's an amazing creation, but I know it's out of my budget.

maschinenbau
8/7/24 4:21 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

You and everyone else will have a chance to bid. That one auction site just accepted my listing!

gixxeropa
gixxeropa GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/7/24 4:45 p.m.

In reply to maschinenbau :

from what I can tell, the best way to sell items on there is to get real combative with anyone that asks questions about your car. also if you can label it as a porsche in any way it should go for triple its actual value.

Best of luck with the sale!

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
8/7/24 5:37 p.m.

That's great news yes

I hope you get ALL the 💰 money 💰 

maschinenbau
8/7/24 7:12 p.m.

In reply to gixxeropa :

I mean, it does have E46 M3 parts... laugh

rustomatic
rustomatic HalfDork
8/7/24 7:48 p.m.

In case you feel like creating a hobby of government administration, I remembered that the title on my Willys (finally drove it once!) is "conditional," but it's a legit title with a piece of paper and everything.  I think the "conditional" just applies to the fact that nobody knows what the hell it is anymore, and the VIN (wrong number of digits, because 1956) just isn't in a system.  Nevertheless, my thing came from Iowa with a legit title, and a Woodstock cop reviewed/approved my VIN on the firewall tag (viewed through a cell phone camera picture for greater readability), so I got the paper . . .

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
8/7/24 8:04 p.m.

I predict that the bidding goes to a gazillion dollars and the resulting demand causes you to become a career hot rod builder.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
8/8/24 7:10 a.m.

Make sure you post a link!

HaveBlue83
HaveBlue83 Reader
8/8/24 7:34 a.m.

Thoughts after reading page 1 and then here.....prolly unpopular opinion but.....

I'm just sad the lexus didn't get a turbo kit and pistons and a nice 600whp street build. I feel that was the real GRM build that never happened. A manual SC is like......not a doner car to be thrown away. That's a legit killer build and desireble car :(

maschinenbau
8/8/24 9:28 a.m.

In reply to HaveBlue83 :

If it makes you feel any better, that Lexus was parted out to the fullest extent possible, giving several other SC300's new life. I even sawzall'd the front core support to sell to someone repairing a wrecked one. 

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/8/24 9:40 a.m.

Such a stunning car! It will be very interesting to follow along on the auction! :)

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/12/24 2:38 p.m.
HaveBlue83 said:

Thoughts after reading page 1 and then here.....prolly unpopular opinion but.....

I'm just sad the lexus didn't get a turbo kit and pistons and a nice 600whp street build. I feel that was the real GRM build that never happened. A manual SC is like......not a doner car to be thrown away. That's a legit killer build and desireble car :(

Think of it like this, a manual sc300 died and that reduced the number existing by one.

But, a manual sc300 powered Model A hot rod was CREATED out of imagination and hard work and I would posit the sum of its parts is much more exciting thing. Pretty damn grassroots to me.

My $0.02.

maschinenbau
8/16/24 7:07 p.m.

Going live tomorrow!

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
8/16/24 7:42 p.m.

Will you share a link or should we just keep an eye out? Either way, It'll be exciting to watch

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/16/24 8:34 p.m.

Hell yeah hope you get all the moneys dude

maschinenbau
8/17/24 1:38 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
8/18/24 8:25 a.m.

One gazillion dollars. 

tomtomgt356 (Tommy)
tomtomgt356 (Tommy) GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/18/24 9:07 a.m.

Good luck with the auction!

golfduke
golfduke Dork
8/19/24 8:17 a.m.

Do you have a number in mind on this one?  I could see this one going pretty crazy honestly... I'm gonna say Low 20's.  Good luck, this is still one of my all-time favorites, considering where it started... 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
8/19/24 9:28 a.m.

I probably won't win but at least I get to say I bid.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/19/24 10:40 a.m.

It's been a lot of fun to watch this build and I look forward to your next one. Good luck with the auction!! 

1 ... 53 54 55 56

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iG3rL3TzYOZvWs0wQJCmFi0vEzMUFMvp569audrxGX6TsKpVmpN8BabmutEPuncV