1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
maddabe
maddabe New Reader
10/7/10 2:36 p.m.
oldtin wrote:
maddabe wrote: What would FMV be for a decent TR3 roller? I'm thinking Miata engine/trans.
$650 if the miatas are using v8s - this might need one too or something that takes buckets of boost

Mine is quite a bit "decenter" than that although, it doesn't look as bad as ours did 25 years ago. It's basically in need of another and more thorough re-do. The hardware is mostly AN/NAS grade stuff (Dad was a mechanic at a large commercial airline). Will that add to the value?

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
10/7/10 2:52 p.m.

Much less scruffy than that seems to start around $3k. These things can hit 30k for nice. For under 2k I'd expect a rusty frame, and missing or rotten bits or body without frame - same story for an mga. It's got patina in spades though. I've had old triumphs - very intriguing - so you have a crusty old tr you got free????

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/7/10 3:52 p.m.

In reply to Karl La Follette:

everyone gets clam stickers. whatever vehicle gets stuck the most, buys the hooch for sat. night.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
10/7/10 4:06 p.m.
bluej wrote: In reply to Karl La Follette: everyone gets clam stickers. whatever vehicle gets stuck the most, buys the hooch for sat. night.

That is a winning idea. I like it a lot...

stormy1
stormy1 None
10/7/10 4:20 p.m.

heard it was great and the drag times nuts! i had last minute family issues and couldnt make it, bummer since tha car was actually running a week prior and ready fothe 4500 mile trip! I plan to bring 2 next year....

maddabe
maddabe New Reader
10/8/10 10:12 p.m.
oldtin wrote: Much less scruffy than that seems to start around $3k. These things can hit 30k for nice. For under 2k I'd expect a rusty frame, and missing or rotten bits or body without frame - same story for an mga. It's got patina in spades though. I've had old triumphs - very intriguing - so you have a crusty old tr you got free????

Well Damnit! I kind of figured that TS18057L would be out of the question.

I didn't get her for free. My dad bought it for my mom in '85 as a "DD"(I know, I know. Don't laugh too hard.) He had no idea what he was getting into. It took him over ten years to do an off frame resto. Unfortunately, the closer he got to the end of the project, the worse his health got. The last year was very much hurried. a lot of corners were cut that would have been easy to do correctly at the time but now that the old girl's back together... not so much. Can anyone say "original wiring harness"? I kid you not.

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
10/8/10 10:37 p.m.

I'm liking the unofficial stuff - clam stickers would be a hoot.

I'm not sure I would completely give up on the TR. I've seen shells go at $500 - the above at $650. Isettas aren't cheap these days either - but with some creativity you can make it work for you. I'd love to see a funky TR3 there. Throwing some tubes under a shell even...it could be easy to recoup budget $$$ in parts

Derick Freese
Derick Freese HalfDork
10/8/10 11:02 p.m.

There needs to be some sort of eating contest.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
10/9/10 10:48 a.m.

Best double whammy, I broke the truck then broke the tow van on the way home?

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
10/9/10 12:16 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Best double whammy, I broke the truck then broke the tow van on the way home?

DETAILS!? Down for the eating contest...followed by the feets of strength contest.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
10/9/10 12:40 p.m.

I think my front brake line burst, leaked brake fluid onto front wheels. Just when I needed them most, where three lanes went into one and I was slowing behind a Semi. The van (tried to) shove the Semi, then the trailer hitch snapped and the trailer tried to come inside the van. Brake fluid drained out while we stood around scratching our heads.

Highway patrol in Kentucky are awesome, I did not get cited.

Trailer and Challenger are fine, Van need some bumpers, the three of us needed some drawers.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
10/9/10 12:51 p.m.

WOW! Glad it wasn't any worse!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
10/9/10 1:03 p.m.

Just shaken but not stirred

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette HalfDork
10/9/10 1:24 p.m.

eating contest great ! just got a deal with sysco hotdogs ? Milk gallon challenge ? chix wings ?

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/9/10 3:16 p.m.
Karl La Follette wrote: Marie and I kicked around parking lot olympics thursday night with trophys , first trailer and car to arrive , best hooch , unfinshed car award , unfinished graphic application , fewest team members , fartest drive, I am sure will be highly contested , most likely to pass out in parking lot, best visual package < girlfriend,wife,chic >,skateboard loop motel,bigwheel loop motel ? any interest ?

give gimp some white castle, he will win for the fartest drive

Derick Freese
Derick Freese HalfDork
10/9/10 3:47 p.m.

I was thinking either hot wings or clam chowder. Homeless kids LOVE hotwings!

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
10/9/10 3:56 p.m.

2 dozen hot wings, followed by a piping hot bowl of clam chowder, followed by a half-gallon of milk, followed by three shots of cheap canadian whiskey.

WHO WANTS CHOWDER!?

Derick Freese
Derick Freese HalfDork
10/9/10 4:57 p.m.

Last one that pukes gets the last piece of pie?

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
10/9/10 5:02 p.m.

Patron Challenge?

Cinnamon Challenge?

But really... i'm down for some eating contests.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/9/10 5:04 p.m.

i'll go slice for slice with pizza or glass for glass with gin and tonic against pretty much anyone alive. really, is there a loser?

racerfink
racerfink HalfDork
10/9/10 10:31 p.m.

Testing of the clowns new turbo for next years event.

admc58
admc58 New Reader
10/9/10 11:49 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Just shaken but not stirred

Glad to hear you all are ok. Alan McC

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
10/10/10 12:11 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Best double whammy, I broke the truck then broke the tow van on the way home?

Maybe change the name of the Most Spectacular Failure Award in your honor...

"And the 2011 Steve goes to... Well, Steve again."

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
10/10/10 4:04 a.m.

Wow! Glad your home.

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
10/10/10 4:09 a.m.
914Driver wrote:
wheels777 wrote:
David S. Wallens wrote: So, is it too early to start discussing next year's builds?
What do people want to see?
With your knack for pinching power from nothing, a penchant for the bizarre and your soft spot for Studies; I'm surprised a kickass Stude hasn't graced a Challenge yet. I'm not asking because I know a limited number came out of South Bend and it would be sacrelige to bastardize one .... I'm just surprised one hasn't shown up. Dan

W're still hoping the Lark will be there next year, We are working on a garage right now. April is Maxton, so we will be throwing time at that effort. Then we will look at the Challenge Car(S).

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OISWvXsR2KEkcUBVpnQbrSxhlhcyLrQiTGXh8Pc18w0v8AttOzbBESyTINdYV9Vh