1 ... 5 6 7
ultraclyde
ultraclyde SuperDork
9/5/14 2:11 p.m.

In reply to singleslammer:

I looked but couldn't find anything either. I did fond the tow capacity quoted at 3500lbs somewhere, but that's not enough for me to buy a truck, so I stopped looking for MPGs on it.

I tootled around the configurator and built several options I would consider buying. If I got all the options I like (4wd, heated seats, etc) the ext cab LT was 35k, the 4dr Z71 was 36k and the 4dr LT was 37k (leather and heated seats that you can't get on the Z). Then I built an extended cab truck that would be the most basic thing I would buy - 2wd but still has cruise, good radio, etc - and it was 27 or 28k. That's not bad for towing 7k lbs....

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
11/3/14 12:08 p.m.

Ad for the new truck.

It's worth watching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJBRpylC9-Q

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/12/15 5:14 p.m.

Thought I’d resurrect this thread…I’m in Southern California and I have yet to see a single one on the road. Is this a local thing or is it due to gas being cheap or???

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
1/13/15 8:13 a.m.

It usually takes a while to notice any new vehicles on the road. In 06 when I bought my first canyon, I very rarely saw another. Now I see them everywhere.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
1/13/15 9:27 a.m.

I've already seen 2 Colorados in the wild and they really look great. I saw one in the mall parking lot and I had to oogle at it for a few minutes.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
1/13/15 10:44 a.m.

Saw the base Colorado at the dealer showroom back in November, damn nice looking truck, didn't climb in though. Few weeks ago they had an LT crew short box. I'm in it. Nicely laid out interior reminded me exactly of a sedan cabin, not too truck like at all, convenient reach to everything, comfy power leather seats. Short box is well, short. I'd prefer more capacity but don't really haul much anymore, wouldn't be a deal killer tho.

One dislike was the center console which rubbed the side of my upper calf when I got settled in. Make it higher like the full size LTZ trucks, no problem. Really liked the floor mount shifter. I'm a big guy tho and like more room so, YMMV.

Did a recent GM site search for Canyons in my area. Base and SLEs only but they are out there, no SLTs found as of then. Wentzville assembly plant added a third shift late last year so Colorado/ Canyons should be coming around more.

Love my '14 Silvy LTZ, gotta get my mitts on a Canyon SLT tho, this could very well happen.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
1/13/15 2:28 p.m.

I've seen a couple go by but haven't had the chance to eyeball one up close. Local dealer shows 4 colarados (3 Z71, 1 LT 4banger, all 4dr) and 2 Canyons (both 4cyl, 4dr) currently on the lot. Prices from 28k to 33k. Silvarado 4drs start at 34.2k (after a 6.4k discount)

If the small trucks start getting discounts there will be some serious deals to be had. WIth the new Tacomas announced, that may come to pass.

c'mon Ford Ranger!

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
1/13/15 6:22 p.m.

If they discount these like the last model, Mrs. Woof will be getting one. My 2011 was $26k sticker and I paid $16k for it.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
1/13/15 6:51 p.m.

Hmmm ZR2 Concept. Has a Duramax!

1 ... 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
svO7cA2NRkjNu49sIbDAiyoJiU3uor0OvNmIPPOLJjffPnlUjldxfstMcznxKXTT