1 2
mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/1/21 3:35 p.m.

with most of my boats straightened out, I think this is the year I get my 87 roadworthy

02Pilot
02Pilot UltraDork
2/1/21 3:57 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine (Forum Supporter) :

Good luck with it. Mine's been a sort of rolling project, but since I have no pretensions of it being anything more than a useful beater, there's been more driving and less fixing up.

02Pilot
02Pilot UltraDork
2/1/21 3:57 p.m.

Here it is an hour later.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/1/21 4:16 p.m.

I miss my SAAB. By far the best vehicle in the snow I've driven that wasn't AWD/4WD, and still better than many of those. And mine was a GM!

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UberDork
2/1/21 6:15 p.m.

The 99 I had in NE Ohio during the winters of '75-'77 running all season treads convinced me of the beauty of this platform...shame it's GONE

Jesse Ransom (FFS)
Jesse Ransom (FFS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/1/21 6:58 p.m.

There's something really pleasing about those snow pics.

As I just posted in the Minor Win thread earlier, we just paid off the Mini. Which is great, but I'm not spending enough time in interesting cars these days.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/1/21 8:34 p.m.

This talk about professors and Swedish cars makes me think of the World According to Garp. The way that Volvo 544 died will always be cringeworthy.

outasite
outasite HalfDork
2/2/21 8:00 a.m.

I taught my sons how to drive on ice with a late 70s 99. A couple of afternoons on a nearby frozen pond gave me piece of mind when they went off to college in another 99.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/2/21 8:33 a.m.

I'm just here for the IKEA.

Wish I had one closer.  2 hours to Philly, 2 hours to Baltimore, but I won't hesitate for a second to make the drive if I need something.  But not in a Saab.  I don't have one of those.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/2/21 8:53 a.m.

Love the SPG.  This may be Saab's natural element.  Crazy the cars they ran!!!

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/2/21 11:04 a.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm just here for the IKEA.

Wish I had one closer.  2 hours to Philly, 2 hours to Baltimore, but I won't hesitate for a second to make the drive if I need something.  But not in a Saab.  I don't have one of those.

That is a problem. You should fix that problem. Go buy a SAAB.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
2/2/21 10:42 p.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

Gaston Andrey was the first person to buy a piece of my artwork, a pencil sketch of his Alfa GTA he saw me drawing in the paddock at Lime Rock when I was about 14.

Sven
Sven New Reader
2/2/21 11:18 p.m.

I briefly campaigned a 900 turbo in rallycross. They're really cool little cars, pleasant to drive and comfortable, and handle quiet well.

But the fact that it was old and rickety, combined with the difficulty and cost of finding parts, led me to switch to something more common/reliable.

Everytime I see a pics like this I wish I still had it though...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YrIK8OzrQgucNLi4ar9rRGXr5rv14DfY0wU2U0LZrJGQX91Y7amEVmuhh1KxMVLf