1 2
wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
8/26/24 12:02 p.m.

Both. 

But I like slow car, fast enough to learn new skills at the track. On the street anything above a well prepped Miata is just showing how big your wallet is. 

Cyclone03
Cyclone03 New Reader
8/26/24 11:18 p.m.

I'm just building a slow car that looks fast.....

Apexcarver
Apexcarver MegaDork
8/27/24 3:46 a.m.

Gotta agree with what tom1200 was saying. Perhaps another way to put it is that a slower car has more planning and patience with mid-corner corrections added to the bag. It's a bit more of a chess game. Faster car is much more decisive. Much more reflexive. Not as much planning time, you have to nail it immediately. Get behind and there isn't as much of a chance to correct mid stream. 

Not saying that the examples are absolute, it's a spectrum. Each has its strategy, there is a lot of overlap. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
8/27/24 10:05 a.m.

Cars are like women. There are cars that are much more than I can handle. And there are women who are much more than I can handle. 

I don't have the skill to nurse the last tenth of a second of potential out of a fast car. Most of us don't. Only 1 or 2% of drivers have that level of skill. 

I like challenging myself. I like racing a car that takes me to my limit while I take it to its limit. 

Slow car fast. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GghsHlWZvYDfQS12zgYLpO5JVF3lLkne5SL0OkvSe0wz27TV5uQnZ0dcNo22JTmt