bravenrace
bravenrace UberDork
5/8/12 7:41 a.m.

Anyone have any experience buying from Auto Body Toolmart?. I just got a catalog from them and they carry just about everything and every brand. They also sell a lot of made-in-USA products, including Dynabrade power tools and abrasives. I'm needing a new buffer, and am considering their electric buffer, which is priced competitively with DeWalt and Makita units made in China.

44Dwarf
44Dwarf SuperDork
5/8/12 10:01 a.m.

I used Dynabrades air sander (narrow belt sander) for years at one place i worked. It was the best tool for removing metal and leaving a nice arc in the part i was balancing. Liked it so much i got one for my current job.

No experience with that vendor

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UltraDork
5/8/12 10:25 a.m.

I use a Dynabrade die grinder for porting. It's more powerful and longer lasting than any other grinder I've ever used.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/8/12 10:42 a.m.

I want to hear how this turns out because it's almost time for me to pull the trigger on a buffer.

Raze
Raze SuperDork
5/8/12 10:56 a.m.

I've bought from them, even had some questions on a product, called them up and they put me in touch with a knowledgeable person, answered all my questions, and yes they sell a lot of made in america products. No experince with Dynabrades...

PS, I love getting their magazine in the mail, it's thick, and PACKED with product and detail, no frills, straight to the point, competitive pricing, everything I've bought was quality...

bravenrace
bravenrace UberDork
5/8/12 11:28 a.m.

I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on the buffer with every reply...

Ranger50
Ranger50 SuperDork
5/8/12 11:59 a.m.

I should have NEVER clicked that link.............................

bravenrace
bravenrace UberDork
5/8/12 12:38 p.m.

In reply to Ranger50:

Fun, huh?

bravenrace
bravenrace UberDork
5/8/12 1:03 p.m.

In reply to bravenrace:

Okay, here's a question for anyone that might know. Assuming they have the exact same specs, what is the difference between a sander-polisher and a polisher? The Dynabrade tool is listed only as a polisher, but the comparable DeWalt and Makita tools are listed as sander-polishers. Again, the specs listed are the same.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wGtRco7XZnFNlqT46IHWc1BgWdZ17jooD4Lu097rFO5L6rjP6WafYx8HrjqcyJcg