1 2 3 4
93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
3/18/13 8:16 a.m.

I should have done it last year. This year I can't cause of honeymoon and wedding sucking up most of my vacation time...

The_Jed
The_Jed Dork
3/18/13 3:10 p.m.

In reply to JThw8:

I appreciate the offer!

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
3/18/13 6:34 p.m.
The_Jed wrote: In reply to JThw8: I appreciate the offer!

Not a problem, you'll find its a very sharing group. Many nights there are parking lot cookouts so you can blag a meal that's more than peanut butter and protein powder too Im sure :) Once the booze starts flowing people end up ordering more pizzas, wings etc than everyone can eat and the food flows freely.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
3/29/13 7:55 a.m.

Friendly reminder, early signup discount ends sunday, if you are planning on going save yourself $50 and sign up now :)

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/29/13 1:38 p.m.

not gonna make it with SWMBO loosing her job. Just not in the cards. Anyone want to buy a diesel miata and run it? I'll make you a heckofa deal.

The_Jed
The_Jed Dork
4/15/13 12:41 p.m.

I have two cars that are eligible, spousal approval and "free" time but not enough money to take the plunge. It doesn't matter how I crunch the numbers, I just can't justify taking that kind of chunk out of our cushion/savings.

Maybe if the stars align and I land a job that will pay like my last one yet actually allow me to take the time off...

I'll give that about the same odds as:

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
4/15/13 12:46 p.m.

You can reduce some of the costs by looking for other teams to room share with. Find teammates to help cover gas and expenses. Seems there are enough GRMers who always say they want to go but can't pull it together than maybe a few of you together could fund a team? That's how I started in this insanity :)

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
4/23/13 1:06 p.m.

If there's anyone here going on BABE that isnt on the FB group or on their forums, hotel info is coming out today but the Robbinsville NC hotel is filling up fast, info below:

BABE8 - Robbinsville 14th AND 15th May - 2 NIGHTS. Call the front desk immediately on 828-479-6772 and tell them that you are with the BABE Rally.

The plan is very simple - we will be staying two nights to enjoy the roads around Deals Gap. We've been meaning to do this for a few years, so now is the time.

http://www.microtelrobbinsville.com/

DO NOT EMAIL THEM.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
4/29/13 9:01 a.m.

Quick note, registration closes tomorrow, last call! :)

And for those who take an interest in the costume day antics... For weeks I've been pushing for a zombie costume day theme, complete with choreographed "Thriller" dance video. And I've been ignored.

Then I make one offhand comment about making people dress like sheep and bam...sheep.

So the costume theme is Little Bo Peep and her sheep. At least one non-female member of the team must be bo-peep, unless its an all girl team. I'll get photos.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 SuperDork
4/29/13 10:21 p.m.

and let the crazy begin

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
5/9/13 4:34 p.m.

Aaargh, terrible news. Got word that both the Fiat 850 and Lancia Beta scheduled to show this year have dropped due to mechanical issues (both teams still coming just in different cars)

This means that despite many attempts and threats the 8 years of BABE have gone without a single Italian car even making the starting line. Heck even a FRENCH car competed and completed the event one year, yet no I-cars.

I have a sad.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
5/9/13 4:35 p.m.

Wait...the first year there was a Yugo...we may have to count that....ok, not really.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rOdMZVScPIIBmBKZQC1c5qDLy3p5pyBkhCZcfO3o7unZPIUSAskNNkO8ILsTCSGS