1 2 3 4
Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
2/29/16 4:08 p.m.
Klayfish wrote:
Feedyurhed wrote: Here's another vote for the Kia/Hyundai products. I have a 2013 Kia Soul with a 2.0 liter 6 speed. On the highway, depending on weather and driving conditions I routinely get between 34-38 mpg. So that's 482-539 mpg with a 14.2 gallon tank. I think I cracked 40 mpg once on the highway under ideal conditions. An added bonus is the the (sort of) zippy 7 second 0-60 time with that combination although you really have to wring it's neck to get that.
You can get mid 30's out of the Soul? I thought they got no better than 30mpg, mostly due to their brick shape.

IIRC, the '13 was the first year of the DI 2.0. That likely plays a part. Their DI engines are doing great things.

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
2/29/16 5:51 p.m.
MA$$hole wrote: In reply to NickD: How have the Cruze's held up? I always felt they looked a bit cheap (GM) and that panels didn't line up properly.

I am at 77,xxx in my 2014 Cruze 1.4t/6speed in under 2 years. It's held up well still on the original tires even. The pcv valve recently went bad and a bad negative ground cable made the radio occasionally cut out. Both fixed under warranty.

I am seeing an average of 37 mpg and a 15 gallon tank so it meets your requirements.

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/1/16 12:26 a.m.

For those recommending the Cruze diesel, there is no manual transmission.

The 1.4t/6sp eco cruze would be a good option.

As the former owner of a lemon lawed 2012 TDI Jetta BEFORE the scandal, I cant recommend one.

nokincy
nokincy Reader
3/1/16 7:28 a.m.

I think the B4 Passat TDI wagon will get you further than just about anything. They're capable of a bit over 1,000 miles per tank.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
3/1/16 9:49 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
Klayfish wrote:
Feedyurhed wrote: Here's another vote for the Kia/Hyundai products. I have a 2013 Kia Soul with a 2.0 liter 6 speed. On the highway, depending on weather and driving conditions I routinely get between 34-38 mpg. So that's 482-539 mpg with a 14.2 gallon tank. I think I cracked 40 mpg once on the highway under ideal conditions. An added bonus is the the (sort of) zippy 7 second 0-60 time with that combination although you really have to wring it's neck to get that.
You can get mid 30's out of the Soul? I thought they got no better than 30mpg, mostly due to their brick shape.
IIRC, the '13 was the first year of the DI 2.0. That likely plays a part. Their DI engines are doing great things.

Or its a pretty unique use case that no normal person will be able to replicate:

http://www.fuelly.com/car/kia/soul

EPA rated at 25/30 27 combined

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=32803

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YSnTjVNrgJv3JWls1DssuJMO4R6LqSuIfJKbNhOgzLQPI89qsSwtts1fQxdqZ8r0