1 2
stroker
stroker SuperDork
5/15/17 7:14 p.m.

I can't STAND center consoles. Makes me yearn for my '73 Charger and '64 Valiant.

ztnedman1
ztnedman1 New Reader
5/15/17 7:32 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote:
FlightService wrote: I find them particularly useless in pickups. I like the flip down seat back.
That's funny, because the one in my pickup is very useful. Technically I think it's a middle seat, but it's a stick, so you're not going to sit someone there anyhow because you'd punch them in the nuts every time you went for an even numbered gear. There are three levels to the thing, so I can prioritize nicely. On our Vanagon, the ability to run front to back is really useful and I wouldn't want to have a console. That's a camper, though. I can't see wanting that ability on a vehicle I couldn't stand in.

A full size with a manual? Doesn't look like a Dodge to me, Am I wrong? What is this?

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/15/17 9:10 p.m.

some of you must have legs that are 5 feet long. I can't recall EVER having to rest my leg against the console on any of my cars. The closest I came was my fiat spider where my right knee would rest against bottom of the dash due to that cars weird ergonomics.

All of my cars also had "working" consoles. Window switches, seat heaters, sunroof controls were all built into them. The Fiat even had it's heater controls built into it

rickjames
rickjames New Reader
5/15/17 11:02 p.m.

So my Odyssey had a similar console to the one pictured in the CRV in the first post. Hated it. It had cup holders about as deep as coasters. I'd have been better off trying to balance the cup on the dashbaord and hope for the best. I yanked it out and tossed in an aftermarket console meant for a Jeep. It's cavernous, holds 4 large cups, and can come out in 5 seconds when I need to haul anything longer than 8 feet. The removable console gives you the best of both worlds. :)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
916Lcl5s1JshR2YlzhBArzq8g0WDPtegbfBOURKhTQpn4nKCMgyHE263vAhkS5XQ