1 2 3 ... 7
Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
8/25/09 1:35 p.m.

1) Ok, we've got 12 entrants that have sent in their registration for the Challenge. This is somewhat normal for this event and our busy entrants—but the procrastination does make our job tougher. Please send in your registration ASAP. We need to be able to plan the banquet appropriately.

2) The Hotel is releasing the block of rooms in two weeks. Please make your hotel reservations at the Gateway Grand ASAP. This is important!

3) We are going to do the concours just on FRIDAY as we've got several judges that won't be able to be there on Saturday. Please plan accordingly.

4) We can't wait to see all of the cool cars this year.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Dork
8/25/09 1:54 p.m.

5) us either

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
8/25/09 2:12 p.m.

Still trying to figure out if I can make it this year. Won't be with a car to enter, that's been pushed back a year.

splitime
splitime Reader
8/25/09 2:14 p.m.

My personal car is going to have to be a 2010 car.

I will be coming with Team Gutty though. I'll try to send payment soon. I keep forgetting...

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Reader
8/25/09 3:07 p.m.

racing turtles check in mail

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Marketing / Club Coordinator
8/25/09 3:44 p.m.
mistanfo wrote: Still trying to figure out if I can make it this year. Won't be with a car to enter, that's been pushed back a year.

You have to attend; the Van will be there in full splendor!

admc58
admc58 New Reader
8/25/09 4:06 p.m.

Count on me being there for Pro Driver duties.

Any really weard stuff that needs a driver?

Alan McCrispin

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
8/25/09 4:13 p.m.

Who wants to pay me $125 to commit some horribly self-destructive and/or humiliating act?

Fuhrealdoh: I'll try to get our entry in on-time.

Supercoupe
Supercoupe Reader
8/25/09 4:46 p.m.

I was waiting till this weekend to send mine in, us retired folk only get paid once a month. But if you'll hold my check until Sept 1st, I'll put it in the mail tonight.

Per Schroeder
8/25/09 7:47 p.m.

Oh cool, Alan, I lost your email addy. Glad to hear you're there. I've also asked Hoelscher, Ian Stewart and Mike King. Scott will be there as well...duh..

Per

aussiesmg
aussiesmg Dork
8/25/09 8:18 p.m.

I will get it in the mail tomorrow. No really...

Steve

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
8/25/09 9:07 p.m.
Per Schroeder wrote: 1) Ok, we've got 12 entrants that have sent in their registration for the Challenge. This is somewhat normal for this event and our busy entrants—but the procrastination does make our job tougher. Please send in your registration ASAP. We need to be able to plan the banquet appropriately.

Done

Per Schroeder wrote: 2) The Hotel is releasing the block of rooms in two weeks. Please make your hotel reservations at the Gateway Grand ASAP. This is important!

Done

Per Schroeder wrote: 3) We are going to do the concours just on FRIDAY as we've got several judges that won't be able to be there on Saturday. Please plan accordingly.

Yes Sir.

Per Schroeder wrote: 4) We can't wait to see all of the cool cars this year.

As much as you hated the Bug last year.......you may want to start drinking on Tuesday.

Pat
Pat New Reader
8/26/09 7:13 a.m.

Just mailed my registration....I'll be back with the Shadow I had last year, but with lots of changes.

But...I just got off the phone with the Gateway Grand and they could not find a room block for the event. What is the rate we should be paying?

Per Schroeder
8/26/09 7:30 a.m.

I'll look into it. It should be 99/night

Per

BoneYard_Racing
BoneYard_Racing New Reader
8/26/09 7:32 a.m.

Our entry is in the mail cant wait to meet everybody.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
8/26/09 9:07 a.m.
Per Schroeder wrote: I'll look into it. It should be 99/night Per

104/nt + Tire disposal and September 11th security fee.

kcbhiw
kcbhiw Reader
8/26/09 9:46 a.m.

I just put mine in the box today!

Pat
Pat New Reader
8/26/09 10:56 a.m.

Well, I'm a dope that apparently needs more than 1 cup of coffee in the morning. They couldn't find the GRM room block because I gave them the wrong dates.

Sorry if I took any time from you this morning Per!

Pat

Per Schroeder
8/26/09 11:02 a.m.

Ahh, just got a call from the Gateway Grand,

"I think that one of the problems is that some people are requesting rooms for your block 10/1-10/5. I have instructed the front desk that if they get a call from anyone trying to make a reservation for your block for the first weekend to let them know that the event is actually the second weekend in October."

So...just a reminder, the event is October 8-10th. :-)

Per Schroeder
8/26/09 11:42 a.m.

Here's another tidbit from GG The group rate is an internal discount that is only offered at the property level. Can you please have your guests call the hotel directly at 352-331-3336 to make reservations. That is the only way they will receive the group rate.

Supercoupe
Supercoupe Reader
8/26/09 1:04 p.m.

I got my room, now I need to finish my ride. I sent in my entry form today,see you all in a month.

wrenchedexcess
wrenchedexcess New Reader
8/26/09 1:52 p.m.

I just called to make my reservation and was quoted $104.00 for two doubles. No complaints, the Gateway Grand is great. Just an fyi.

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports HalfDork
8/26/09 1:57 p.m.

What's the due date? Looks like time is getting away from me.

The wife and 1.5 year old plan on coming down with me. If I interpret right I owe $175 (if my 1.5 year old eats for free at the banquet.)

admc58
admc58 New Reader
8/26/09 4:28 p.m.

In reply to Per Schroeder: amccrispin at gmail dot com

Per Schroeder
8/26/09 4:36 p.m.

wrenched: I'll look into it. email me your name.

jwd: September 1st. and yes, 175.

Alan..thanks.

1 2 3 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xRcL27xzvqtW94oxTvnhonTY2GEFCRhIM6nYxTUb4JrKkcswfhSlImgvU1rCph2x