1 ... 4 5 6 7
miatame2
miatame2 New Reader
10/5/09 3:23 p.m.

Martin Sports Car Club has event going on at road course

MORE INFO PLEASE :) Friday or Saturday?

Bout to pull the car onto the trailer...just need to get the NOS hooked up Leaving tomorrow morning! I can't believe it is already time!

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Marketing / Club Coordinator
10/5/09 3:31 p.m.

In reply to miatame2:

http://www.martinsportscarclub.net/home

That should be most of it.

JoeyM
JoeyM Reader
10/5/09 3:44 p.m.

In reply to miatame2:

Some of our guys are doing timing for GRM on Friday. We'll be running our mini-prix on Saturday, while you guys do drag races. There was some talk at our meeting about trying to set things up so you could run at the MSCC event (which is on the Gainesville Raceway test track) in between runs at the drag strip during the challenge. I'll check with our club president and see if I can get more details.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Reader
10/5/09 3:53 p.m.

if you google map the track you can see the test track looks pretty cool , I made up a bunch of bootleg 2009 challenge commerative stickers make sure you get one from me !!

westsidetalon
westsidetalon New Reader
10/5/09 4:59 p.m.

signed up for autox, our drag passes can go between sessions

wrenchedexcess
wrenchedexcess New Reader
10/5/09 9:30 p.m.

Ended up leaving Sunday, had to wait on Saturday so I could sell the green Saturn. Arrived at Knoxville Sunday night. Today drove the Tail of the Dragon. Would make some autocross course. On my way to Jacksonville N.C.

kcbhiw
kcbhiw Reader
10/5/09 10:58 p.m.

Friday: Transmission center diff locked into full 4WD mode (released after restarting the car). Today: Found metal flecks in the tranny oil.

I think it'll be alright, but can we have another week before the Challenge?

Karl La Follette wrote: I made up a bunch of bootleg 2009 challenge commerative stickers make sure you get one from me !!

Ohhh, I'll take one! :)

spin_out
spin_out New Reader
10/6/09 6:53 a.m.

I'd love to get some time in at the road course after our drag runs. Hope the Martin guys can slip some Challenge cars in. That would be cool.

Bringing a sub $1,000 car means we won't know if it will still be running after our drag runs. I wish I were kidding about that.

miatame2
miatame2 New Reader
10/6/09 7:44 a.m.
JoeyM wrote: In reply to miatame2: Some of our guys are doing timing for GRM on Friday. We'll be running our mini-prix on Saturday, while you guys do drag races. There was some talk at our meeting about trying to set things up so you could run at the MSCC event (which is on the Gainesville Raceway test track) in between runs at the drag strip during the challenge. I'll check with our club president and see if I can get more details.

That would be awesome! I look at those runways every time I drive into the dragway for the Challenge and I've always wanted to run them. I'm hitting the road today but if you see the #33 car (white E30) come over and say hi. Hopefully we can run with you Saturday!

Soma007
Soma007 New Reader
10/6/09 8:24 a.m.
spin_out wrote: I'd love to get some time in at the road course after our drag runs. Hope the Martin guys can slip some Challenge cars in. That would be cool.

FYI its basically a high speed autocross rather than a track day. We're still working out the details but we're trying to make it easy for the challenge competitors. We know you guys/gals don't have all day to be standing around waiting for your run(s).

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
10/6/09 8:56 a.m.

If I still have a running car I will be in it, Please give our thanks to all the guys helping out with our timing also.

silence
silence New Reader
10/6/09 9:45 a.m.

Per, Can we buy more banquet tickets at registration?

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
10/6/09 10:43 a.m.

I'd prefer that they be prepaid. Please call our office. We are finalizing numbers and need to make sure everything is taken care of.

Per

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
10/6/09 10:52 a.m.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/staff/Per/martin-sports-car-club-cool/

silence
silence New Reader
10/6/09 2:51 p.m.
Per Schroeder wrote: I'd prefer that they be prepaid. Please call our office. We are finalizing numbers and need to make sure everything is taken care of. Per

will do

fastclown
fastclown Reader
10/6/09 4:02 p.m.

I have 1 extra banquet ticket available. For sale $45! Email me mike at worldsfastestclown dot com...

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/6/09 6:55 p.m.

Per, add one more for the banquet, I'll call the office tomorrow morning and get the payment info to you, I got home just now and I've gotta be at work @ 2 am so I'm off to bed. night guys.

JoeyM
JoeyM Reader
10/6/09 7:48 p.m.
Soma007 wrote:
spin_out wrote: I'd love to get some time in at the road course after our drag runs. Hope the Martin guys can slip some Challenge cars in. That would be cool.
We're still working out the details but we're trying to make it easy for the challenge competitors. We know you guys/gals don't have all day to be standing around waiting for your run(s).

Thanks, Jason. As you can see, several challengers are interested in running with us on Saturday.

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
10/6/09 8:21 p.m.
jwdmotorsports wrote: In reply to bamalama: Likewise if you see an orange GTI broken down.

Why not follow Bamalama to my house outside Atlanta? We could all go from there and at least then you will have a support network if you need one. Anthony is pretty good on the side of the road (do NOT quote and add to this), and always carries tools. Just a thought......

-Les

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports HalfDork
10/6/09 8:57 p.m.

Bamalama - when would you be going through the Moody area?

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
10/6/09 10:03 p.m.

jwdmotorsports, call me and I'll give you Ant's phone number.

-Les 770-778-7368

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
10/6/09 10:04 p.m.

BTW, Anthony lives a block away from you. He had the Merkur, the black RX7, the blue 510......

-Les

fastclown
fastclown Reader
10/6/09 10:47 p.m.

Hey, please buy my extra banquet ticket, did I say please. You'll even make $5!

bamalama
bamalama Reader
10/7/09 5:44 a.m.
jwdmotorsports wrote: Bamalama - when would you be going through the Moody area?

around 4am or so.

I don't live a block away any more, it's more like 40 miles away. Feel free to follow me if you don't mind going 68 mph the whole way.

bamalama
bamalama Reader
10/7/09 5:45 a.m.
fastasleep wrote: BTW, Anthony lives a block away from you. He had the Merkur, the black RX7, the blue 510...... -Les

Nobody in the neighborhood could have missed my Catalina. Nobody.

1 ... 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TpB8wE1xnqTtAKYH0WKY7nLojFBdGxRcStEjCAvqdqMCatJlKmoRxApKViCoTAI2