midknight
midknight Reader
1/26/11 5:48 p.m.

Hi all! I'm trying to remove the door panel on a CRX and the last thing holding it on is the window winder. tried to pull it out a bit to see if it is held in with a circlip, but can't see one. Is there another way this comes off? Thanks,

Wayne

johnnytorque
johnnytorque New Reader
1/26/11 6:19 p.m.

In reply to midknight:

There is a funny shaped circlip in there. You need to either push it from one end or get some very thin pliers and pull it out, the window crank will then pop right off.

Fletch1
Fletch1 Reader
1/26/11 6:31 p.m.

Yes, there is a clip. I did this just a few months ago. Find something flat with a bent end, hook on to it and pull. I actually still have a door/panel left. Leaves me with memories of how stupid I was to sell it.

midknight
midknight Reader
1/26/11 8:38 p.m.

Thanks guys. I'll find that sucker

mw
mw HalfDork
1/26/11 9:11 p.m.

I find that if you take a rag and pull it around where the circlip is, it will often remove the circlip for you. It's hard to explain it, but it's saved me a lot of time in the past.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon SuperDork
1/26/11 9:17 p.m.

The offending clip:

The magic tool:

I've removed them by bending a hook in the end of a piece of stiff wire (a coathanger works well) and sticking it in the 'loop' of the clip.

donalson
donalson SuperDork
1/26/11 11:03 p.m.
mw wrote: I find that if you take a rag and pull it around where the circlip is, it will often remove the circlip for you. It's hard to explain it, but it's saved me a lot of time in the past.

always done it the same... use an old washrag and always worked well

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
w1iQADmwBpO1XU68RlsEIBGOyK9VHwFZWBn967RlM5Hshk4gZhCxT873nfgEIRJD