1 ... 3 4 5
Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
12/26/14 3:31 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME:

Meh... just slap an Apple logo on it and those same people will stand in line at midnight to buy them at a nice extra profit. Apple will sue the hell out of you ... so maybe change the logo juuust a little bit and pronounce it AH-pel.

XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
12/26/14 5:50 p.m.

I'm kind of hoping it's not vaporware, but if it's real, they're probably the only people not happy with the current fuel situation. They'd have much more of a shot with gas at $4/gal; people were looking hard at hybrids, bikes/scooters, etc. at that price point.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
12/26/14 5:54 p.m.

Big question is how long will gas prices stay below $2.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
12/26/14 7:30 p.m.

There was some one a year or so ago who did a analysis of their business plan and proved the it was either a scam or at the least wildly delusional.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/26/14 7:30 p.m.

probably not long.. just long enough to kill all the fracking in the US and the tar sands in Canada (it costs more money than it is worth right now) and then OPEC will slow production again

chuckles
chuckles HalfDork
12/26/14 9:21 p.m.

In reply to JG Pasterjak:

I don't know what vaporware means. I have no comment on anyone's intentions, so I apologize for "scam.". It's been fun reading.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UberDork
12/27/14 10:17 a.m.

I still like it. I love the concept of a brand new vehicle well under $10k.

Most people could care less about that. And at the rate they are going, then Gen4 or Gen5 Prius is going to be out before this thing and be knocking down a sold 65+mpg, making the elio irrelevant.

Vracer111
Vracer111 Reader
12/28/14 8:41 p.m.

I'd still go for one, but would be better if it were correctly driven by the rear wheel. Design wise, for the P4 I think they finally nailed everything except for the front end...but from the mirrors back it's perfectly done. I hope they do put out the product and are successful in their endeavor. Best wishes to them.

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dIjs6gl5yl95pllhmRImIAbyre2nZt62Ek1nRl5dU0tYnB11Tf9bmj57mKvj6jIY