Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/19/23 12:04 p.m.

https://youtu.be/uv_bTOEuMRg?feature=shared

I watch cleetus. Cleetus has made a scary fast F150. Cleetus was talking about having to race another Florida man car youtuber- Kyle from the Boostedboiz channel in.... a Tesla Plaid swapped Honda Oddysey? 

I don't really follow the Boostedboiz because I don't like Hondas- but this is an interesting project to me. Maybe it is to you too? Truth be told, it's more of a shell swap than anything, but I don't see any of us with 1000awhp electric minivans so there's that. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/19/23 12:40 p.m.

I am a fan of the idea but admit I haven't watched a ton of them on YouTube. 

I really want to slide a model 3 performance under my 87 jaguar. (And the dimensions are close enough to convince me it might work).

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/19/23 1:02 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

I watched the whole video in one go. Not as annoying as the name would indicate. Worth a look. Find you a model3 on copart! 

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/19/23 1:35 p.m.

He has a k-swapped Oddessy too that make 1000awhp. I look forward to them racing each other. I found Boostedboiz from PFISpeed and kind of like them. Ks are pretty amazing engines.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
12/19/23 3:45 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Your title for this thread is misleading.  You make it sound like something bad happened, instead of the actual awesomeness!

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
12/19/23 3:55 p.m.

I feel like Kyle has gone from an annoying Honda fanboi to a respectable and knowledgeable builder.  In the earlier days I couldn't understand why Cleetus hung out with him, but now  I really enjoy Kyle's channel. 

Now if Cleetus would stop hanging out with the most annoying group ever, the SXS Blog crew. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/19/23 4:41 p.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

While I don't disagree about SXS, Cleetus is a businessman first. Sure, his business is cars- but it is a business, and he's REALLY good at it. He's leveraged a professional character started on another channel into a fulltime career with his own racetrack, airplane, TONS of connections in the industry, etc. SXS is one way to foster additional content. Same reason guys like whistlindiesel showed up at at least a couple of his races.  Love em or hate em, he puts butts in seats. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/19/23 4:42 p.m.
1988RedT2 said:

In reply to Mndsm :

Your title for this thread is misleading.  You make it sound like something bad happened, instead of the actual awesomeness!

I figured we all knew what it meant. Wasn't Tom talking just a few days ago about how he made a perfectly good car useless, again? 

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/19/23 4:59 p.m.

Kyle currently (as far as I know) has the fastest in the 1/4 mile:

MR2

NSX

Tesla mS Plaid

Maybe the fastest minivan

Impressive resume.

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/19/23 6:46 p.m.

I watched the progression of the Tesla losing its body and then going into a wind tunnel and all that and chasing the 1/4 with tires, tape, etc. Interesting stuff but about the time he hits the track he starts to get reeeeeaaally wordy and I start skipping ahead to the action. Were that fixed, I'd probably watch more of his videos. Cool ideas and execution tho

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/20/23 4:01 p.m.

New video from the drag strip today:

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE UltraDork
12/20/23 4:16 p.m.

Oh damn and he's got multipule paint colors on it too, total scrapyard style.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/20/23 4:23 p.m.

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

Yeah, LOOKS like a giant POS. Runs a mid 9.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
12/21/23 8:52 a.m.

Loved the minvan vs. the "f-one-smoke 'em".  That F150 Cleetus built is seriously one of the best trucks ever.  I'd bet we're going to be seeing a lot of coyote F150's at the drag strip in the future. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/21/23 10:03 a.m.

Coyotes in general make my checkbook itchy. SO much potential. 

chandler
chandler MegaDork
12/21/23 10:47 a.m.
Mndsm said:

Coyotes in general make my checkbook itchy. SO much potential. 

Honestly the Coyote F150s are stupid fast without any mods. You can only get them in the downmarket trucks after '21(or when I got mine that was the case) though so seems like way more eco boost trucks out there. When mine times out as a company truck I'm planning to throw the roush catalog at it.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UberDork
12/21/23 11:55 a.m.

will Tesla let you use the Supercharger network on a "modified"  Tesla like this ?

I thought that was a problem with guys putting back together salvage Teslas and building cars like this.

There is a dealership that will build you a perfect sleeper F150 for like $47k:

https://www.alabamaford.com/f150sleeper/

Considering a base F150 is like $38k now, this is a hell of a deal. And it retains the factory warranty!

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/21/23 12:04 p.m.
californiamilleghia said:

will Tesla let you use the Supercharger network on a "modified"  Tesla like this ?

I thought that was a problem with guys putting back together salvage Teslas and building cars like this.

Only if they know about it. If the builder managed to keep all of the car's electronics in place and the donor wasn't salvaged, it should be allowed to Supercharge.

If they've been totalled, they're not allowed to Supercharge. There have been programs floated to recertify cars but I don't know if there's one in place at the moment. It's a logical thing, there's a LOT of energy involved and you really don't want a sketchy car catching on fire at a charging station.

paddygarcia
paddygarcia GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/21/23 4:02 p.m.

I love the concept and fully approve of the hat car. But jeez, mid-9s with zero cage and a stock seat that's mismatched in position to a seatbelt which is anchored by sheet metal and hope seems ... a little risky.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AQz8XukjzKG0NvDdxDfXBLihW4xOvTRG3Xk6D2bGsr6tlN2xafg1CEXQs0nsrWiT