1 2 3 ... 5
plance1
plance1 Dork
4/8/14 11:16 p.m.

There is no nicer guy in the world but for the love of god, can you be a car designer and not slap stripes on everything you do? I mean every car! I have to give him a pass on this olds 442 on the latest show since the "insiders" called for stripes. But every time I turn on the show even my wife says "I bet it will have all kinds of stripes all over it" lol.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
4/9/14 1:09 a.m.

His designs have become a wee bit predictable.

I have to say though, the show has gotten much better. Far less drama, much more car content. Some pretty good tips some times. They mentioned using a stud welder, without the stud for metal shrinking. Never thought of that, but a good idea.

It's almost like they realized people that watch the show like car and car restorations or something . The reveals are even better.

old_
old_ Reader
4/9/14 2:06 a.m.

I assume you guys are taking about 'overhaulin'? I've not seen the a show for several years now. Do they ever branch out and do anything other than American muscle cars and the like? I think I saw them do a civic once but it turned out pretty lame.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
4/9/14 4:26 a.m.

it is better now that they don't have that doofus host pretending to be a cop and Chip pretending to be a tow truck driver every episode..

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
4/9/14 5:32 a.m.

Striped, two tone or a Foose Fade...he is a bit predictable with paint. Some of his details still surprise me though. Most of the cars wind up looking really good, even if they aren't always terribly original.

I'm not sure why the girl they have now even gets a paycheck; she's nothing but eye candy, and not very good at that. I miss Jesse; she can actually do something, knows what she's talking about, and is cute as well but she said on FB the Overhaulin schedule was too invasive to her other work.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde SuperDork
4/9/14 5:32 a.m.
old_ wrote: I think I saw them do a civic once but it turned out pretty lame.

When you start with a civic, how else could it turn out?

ducks and runs for the door

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
4/9/14 5:43 a.m.
old_ wrote: I assume you guys are taking about 'overhaulin'? I've not seen the a show for several years now. Do they ever branch out and do anything other than American muscle cars and the like? I think I saw them do a civic once but it turned out pretty lame.

It's still mostly old muscle cars, but a couple seasons ago they did a VW van and Beetle.

I still enjoy the show. They just did a 2014 Impala for a Navy Ordinance Tech who was going to sell his DD to fund his Monte Carlo project. They didn't see a reason to do his MC, because it was pretty complete, so they gave him a better DD, it was a change of pace from the norm.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
4/9/14 5:48 a.m.
old_ wrote: I assume you guys are taking about 'overhaulin'? I've not seen the a show for several years now. Do they ever branch out and do anything other than American muscle cars and the like? I think I saw them do a civic once but it turned out pretty lame.

They do American muscle almost exclusively but I do recall a VW bug and a Lotus in a couple of episodes. Would be nice to see some other types of cars too.

bentwrench
bentwrench Reader
4/9/14 6:33 a.m.

The Lotus was a team members car.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
4/9/14 6:39 a.m.

WPWP

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
4/9/14 6:45 a.m.

I have become bored with many of Chip's designs. Under the hood, I have no complaints.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
4/9/14 6:48 a.m.

I don't know... Foose's paint jobs on Overhaulin' are rather subdued compared to his standard work. Complaining about his stripes is like complaining about the rain - it's just what he does. While I prefer solid colors, if someone 'stole' my 1800ES and Overhauled it, I wouldn't care what color it was. I always enjoyed the show when I was able to watch it. I'll have to check to see if they've made streaming shows easier (since I don't have TV anymore).

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
4/9/14 7:21 a.m.
bentwrench wrote: The Lotus was a team members car.

The lotus belonged to an employee of Jay Leno.

t25torx
t25torx HalfDork
4/9/14 8:22 a.m.

I don't think I would complain one bit if they came and stole my Camaro project. I would just hope my wife knows enough of what I do and don't like to tell them so.

slefain
slefain UltraDork
4/9/14 8:33 a.m.
bravenrace wrote:
bentwrench wrote: The Lotus was a team members car.
The lotus belonged to an employee of Jay Leno.

That's good, it probably takes Leno's whole team to keep it running.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
4/9/14 10:03 a.m.

The new show must be on a channel I don't get. I used to watch Overhaulin' all the time and typically just fast forwarded through the heist and the phone calls. I just liked watching the actual work they did on the cars.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
4/9/14 10:06 a.m.

In reply to T.J.:

Its on Velocity now.

olpro
olpro New Reader
4/9/14 10:24 a.m.

Foose is a predictable dufus without a single original idea. He is a genius at self promotion, which is nice for him ($$)

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
4/9/14 10:31 a.m.

So you guys don't like stripes or flat black or GMs or lifted trucks or stanced VWs or black wheels, got it...anything else I'm missing?

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
4/9/14 10:46 a.m.
olpro wrote: Foose is a predictable dufus without a single original idea. He is a genius at self promotion, which is nice for him ($$)

Shut up Boyd.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
4/9/14 10:50 a.m.

In reply to spitfirebill:

Uh, Boyd's dead dude.

jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
4/9/14 10:58 a.m.
olpro wrote: Foose is a predictable dufus without a single original idea. He is a genius at self promotion, which is nice for him ($$)

Wow, that's harsh. You can't deny that he's an artistic genius with amazing fabrication skills. Haven't you seen how much he contributes to every episode of Overhaulin'? He's in there cutting, grinding and shaping with the troops every time.

jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
4/9/14 11:01 a.m.

And of course, you've seen how beautiful the cars come out.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
4/9/14 11:05 a.m.

That's obviously why everyone else copies him.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
4/9/14 11:14 a.m.
jstein77 wrote: And of course, you've seen how beautiful the cars come out.

That still doesn't look very reliable....

Is this perhaps the world's most reliable Europa? http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/01/rotary-buzz-re-amemiya-20b-europa/ Pretty bad when a rotory engine makes a car "reliable"

1 2 3 ... 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
egTiEKb3FQ9ZkwQAStqgyTXC6CWFR8T4q8v1Nk2H3cjus2o02EmmqLc4ATkibyR3