dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/15 3:59 p.m.

Anyone use them. The reviews on them I have found are to good to be true. And the Price is at least $100 / set of 4 less than other comparable tires that I have found. This would be for my daughters DD.

Photo of said Tire.

SEADave
SEADave HalfDork
4/3/15 4:40 p.m.

I had them on the 328i I just sold. I bought from the TireRack on the basis of their reviews which showed them to be very good in the rain, which is pretty much a given 9-10 months out of the year here. I was not disappointed, they were excellent in the wet and really good in the dry for all-season tires.

The only downside was the wear, I pretty much killed the rears in 20k miles. But this was on an enthusiastically-driven sporty RWD car, and I didn't rotate them either. I never got much of a chance to try them in the snow.

freestyle
freestyle Reader
4/3/15 5:10 p.m.

I just bought a set for my Mini Cooper S yesterday. So far they seem rather mushy, Not so crips. Soft sidewalls, noisy and giant tread. They are an all season tire, so I suppose that's to be expected. Looks like I'll drive home in the rain tonight. I haven't driven them in anger yet.

I bought them at W-mart, free shipping to a local store. In addition, today they have a $70 rebate offer on the tires.

iceracer
iceracer PowerDork
4/3/15 5:38 p.m.

why do want to put a high performance tire on a DD ? the Altimax might be a better choice.

peteyjoe
peteyjoe New Reader
4/3/15 7:16 p.m.

I ran these on my C5 the past 3 winters on my winter wheels. Less than 10k miles in that time though since I just don't drive it much in winter. They have a lot of tread left still obviously.
They've done pretty well in rain and cold temps. They aren't as mushy as one would expect from an all season and I'm able to drive around without worrying about lighting up the tires every time I go near the throttle. By the end of the winter I hate them because I know what's waiting for me with my summer tires, but these have served me well. If I'm still in the god forsaken northeast when these wear out, I'd buy another set. They did good the few times I got caught out in snow also.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
4/3/15 8:19 p.m.

I have 30k on a set right now on a hyundai accent. Sidewall is a bit soft but they are wearing great and a ton of tread left, at least another 30k on this small car. Good in the dry and wet. Would buy again.

dean1484
4/3/15 8:35 p.m.
iceracer wrote: why do want to put a high performance tire on a DD ? the Altimax might be a better choice.

Because she drives like her Dad.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/3/15 9:58 p.m.

During the Challege, General brought out 2 500 Abarths with these. 20 of us autocrossed them and suprisingly they got quicker as the runs piled up.

glueguy
glueguy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/4/15 9:27 a.m.

For your intended use, they're great. I have a set on my DD Mazda6. Next set I'll go back to the Kumho 4x that they replaced because I think the Kumhos felt a little better on dry on-ramps, but beyond that the General is a solid DD tire.

dean1484
4/11/15 7:22 p.m.

Well my daughter got new tires at Costco thanks to the grandparents. And in the meen time I have discovered I need tires for the new to me x type. I wonder I these would be a good replacement for the Conti touring tires that were on it. Other than noise they get good reviews.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yoMfhKW3HNbOl2MEPP8Be2m5btbixQaLdYSXp1K5wvwyFKhdehoEtullzPBnIRSH