bravenrace SuperDork
2/29/12 3:32 p.m.

65 Mustang Fastback

PHeller
PHeller Dork
2/29/12 3:35 p.m.

Box fenders make everything better...

Nissan S45 Skyline GTR

Toyota 200GT, a copy of the Jag E-Type, but a very nice copy.

PHeller
PHeller Dork
2/29/12 3:36 p.m.

I'll second the TVR and TVR made since...all of them are beautiful.

mr2peak
mr2peak GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/29/12 3:52 p.m.

I'm going to have to leave this here as the most beautiful bus design I have ever seen, the new London busses. Sure it's not a fast, graceful car; but it certainly is a brilliant design. I love the way the window winds down along the stairway!

An article about it here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/gallery/2010/nov/11/transport-boris

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
2/29/12 3:56 p.m.
Javelin wrote: And GT40's were ruled out int he first post. Six odd street cars of the wrong Mark vintage won't get a Mk II racecar in no matter how much you try. We're into the 60's now, how's it shaking down now?

You really need to check your facts.

A Mk II is the 427.

And while you're at it, check out the history of the XK SS.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis Dork
2/29/12 4:01 p.m.

Beauty is more than skin deep. So, I present this:

(And am SHOCKED that nobody else has on this board):

-Rob

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/29/12 4:27 p.m.

In reply to darkbuddha:

Correct, which is why it's on the list.

Javelin
2/29/12 4:28 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: 65 Mustang Fastback

Already on there. Please look at post #1 for the most current listing. Thanks!

Javelin
2/29/12 4:31 p.m.
JFX001 wrote:
Javelin wrote: And GT40's were ruled out int he first post. Six odd street cars of the wrong Mark vintage won't get a Mk II racecar in no matter how much you try. We're into the 60's now, how's it shaking down now?
You really need to check your facts. A Mk II is the 427. And while you're at it, check out the history of the XK SS.

As far as I know, no GT40 Mk I's were street cars (the ones with the really odd noses), and only one Mk II was (and only for a brief publicity stunt). The number of Mk IV's is absurdly low. By my arbitrary rules, it's not a car anybody could buy, so it's out. We'll do a most beautiful race car list later.

As for the Jag XK SS, you are correct. I will pull that one as well.

No basically-race cars that weren't actually sold people!!!

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
2/29/12 5:12 p.m.
Javelin wrote:
JFX001 wrote:
You really need to check your facts. A Mk II is the 427. And while you're at it, check out the history of the XK SS.
As far as I know, no GT40 Mk I's were street cars (the ones with the really odd noses), and only one Mk II was (and only for a brief publicity stunt). The number of Mk IV's is absurdly low. By my arbitrary rules, it's not a car anybody could buy, so it's out. We'll do a most beautiful race car list later. As for the Jag XK SS, you are correct. I will pull that one as well. No basically-race cars that weren't actually sold people!!!

(31) Mk 1 road cars, (7) Mk III road cars.

RS200 Plenty of road cars....

OldGray320i
OldGray320i New Reader
2/29/12 5:27 p.m.

One of the GRM trinity, the e30 is not on here, so I will rectify (early car, Euro bumpers are pretty...):

And, the incomparable "fin" car, the 57 Bel Air (stock, and hot rod trim...):

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
2/29/12 5:39 p.m.
Javelin wrote:
JFX001 wrote:
As far as I know, no GT40 Mk I's were street cars (the ones with the really odd noses), and only one Mk II was (and only for a brief publicity stunt). The number of Mk IV's is absurdly low. By my arbitrary rules, it's not a car anybody could buy, so it's out. We'll do a most beautiful race car list later. As for the Jag XK SS, you are correct. I will pull that one as well. No basically-race cars that weren't actually sold people!!!

The XKSS was only built as a road car. I mean if you are axing the XKSS which was a rebodied race car, the Talbot-Lago, Alfa 8C (the original one) and maybe the Mercedes 300SL should go....

fromeast2west
fromeast2west Reader
2/29/12 6:06 p.m.

Delorean

288 GTO

XJ220

Countach (early ones w/o all the junk)

Lotus 340 (not legal here, but sold as street legal elsewhere)

CharlesE
CharlesE New Reader
2/29/12 7:05 p.m.

Fiat 850 Spyder

ditchdigger
ditchdigger Dork
2/29/12 7:31 p.m.

I was going to say the 850 since it is one of Bertone's best designs but I didn't want to come off as a fanboy.

But you have to at least link a pic of the original design before the US government regs ruined the headlights

simple chrome blade bumpers, flush headlights and proportions that look much better than other small cars.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
2/29/12 8:00 p.m.

1964 Spitfire.

Vigo
Vigo SuperDork
2/29/12 8:50 p.m.

Glad to see a vote for 288 GTO... how could i forget?!

There are some really awkward looking cars in here..

stroker
stroker HalfDork
2/29/12 9:00 p.m.

no Berlinetta Boxer?

I'll throw in a Alpine A310, too...

And maybe an XJ6C, too...

and you'll think I'm nuts, but I like the 300F, too...

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
2/29/12 9:26 p.m.

I will second the 288 GTO.

So much is mentioned of the first body mustang, but no 69/70?

Porsche 904! COME ON!

Porsche 906! Seriously!

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
2/29/12 9:38 p.m.

In reply to Maroon92:

Neither of the Porsches are road cars.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
2/29/12 10:21 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: In reply to Maroon92: Neither of the Porsches are road cars.

BOTH of the Porsches are road cars. Every single 904 and 906 was road registered.

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/29/12 10:23 p.m.

since the Cobra was wrongfully nixed (I mean seriously, they made roadgoing versions that anyone could go to a Ford dealership, plunk down $3500 or so, and buy, both the 289 and the 427 were sold to the general public like this), let me submit the AC Ace:

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
2/29/12 10:25 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote:
93EXCivic wrote: In reply to Maroon92: Neither of the Porsches are road cars.
BOTH of the Porsches are road cars. Every single 904 and 906 was road registered.

Maroon's got a point..rally cars back then needed road car registration back then to do the TSD stages between the special stages.

garaithon
garaithon New Reader
2/29/12 10:30 p.m.

Javelin wrote:
JFX001 wrote:

The Bizzarrini was a road car. 67 or so where built and all but a few where street cars. I was in a hurry earlier, here is a better picture...

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WkYFSrvlMjTnujbAUeTuUIndQsSmfqLSB10KahyM97bjBPkODaIHPpx1MlQSshyW