1 2 3
singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
5/9/13 11:18 a.m.

I was talking to my wife about the v8 Rx8 idea and she just didn't understand why I would need the V8.her reasoning was there is nowhere near here for me to drive fast. How do I explain this to her??

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/9/13 11:19 a.m.

You don't.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
5/9/13 11:19 a.m.

Bigger is better. Here, let me prove it....

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
5/9/13 11:21 a.m.
Woody wrote: You don't.

Yup.

Klayfish
Klayfish Dork
5/9/13 11:21 a.m.

Bigger is better?

Or tell her there's no fashion runway for her to walk down, so why does she need those $150 pair of shoes?

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
5/9/13 11:22 a.m.

Nice nick

I tried to explain that the mpgs would actually be better. That still didn't sink in. This is like a 3 year goal so I got time.

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
5/9/13 11:23 a.m.

My wife is the most frugal person on the planet. All her shoes cost less than 30 dollars

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
5/9/13 11:25 a.m.

It's not about fast, it's quick. The car would go too fast even if you put a smaller motor in it. You want to go quick. That requires the V8.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
5/9/13 11:26 a.m.

I'm expecting to get a new chassis for the s13 to drop the RB20 into. I'll put leaf springs on the old chassis and drop a V8 in to make a mudder. You're not alone. Here, hand her the phone...

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltraDork
5/9/13 11:28 a.m.

Accept your fate, drop your nuts in her purse for safe keeping. That's what I did on the V8 thing. I get to open her purse from time to time and check they are still there. The upside of a V6 Mustng not a V8 is she is less prone to complain about the Volvo and the Saab as she got her way on the family hauler

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/9/13 11:28 a.m.

My wife would ask "why would you buy one without a V8 in the first place?" So I can't help.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/9/13 11:36 a.m.

Because hard acceleration is fun? Otherwise she's right.

Klayfish
Klayfish Dork
5/9/13 11:43 a.m.
singleslammer wrote: My wife is the most frugal person on the planet. All her shoes cost less than 30 dollars

That makes for a tough argument, doesn't it? My wife likes really nice clothes and shoes, but everything she buys is from a clearance store or something, so it's hard to argue.

OK, then my serious answer would be to say that there's no logical/rational reason for it. Tell her that it'll make you happy, and she wouldn't want you to be unhappy, right?

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy Dork
5/9/13 11:43 a.m.

get her a pool boy... she'll soon understand bigger is better.......

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
5/9/13 11:44 a.m.

It is far better to ask for forgiveness then to ask permission.....

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter UberDork
5/9/13 11:55 a.m.

"Because it's what will make me happy and I can afford it." If you can say that honestly and it's not enough, I don't know what to tell you.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork

My car, my choice. I wouldn't even ask.

cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork

what i did with my exwife was cut a couple of sparkplug wires and told her the engine was bad.....maybe thats why she is my exwife now

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
5/9/13 11:56 a.m.
singleslammer wrote: My wife is the most frugal person on the planet. All her shoes cost less than 30 dollars

She let you buy an RX8 in the first place, right?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
Toyman01 wrote: My car, my choice. I wouldn't even ask.

Also: This.

I'd come home one day dragging an LSx in the back of her Jeep.

"Look what i found, Honey!"

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork

"Because the stock engine uses oil"

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/9/13 11:57 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: "Because the stock engine uses oil"

Good idea, regale her with the horrors of rotary maintenance!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
5/9/13 11:58 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: My wife would ask "why would you buy one without a V8 in the first place?" So I can't help.

X2

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
5/9/13 12:04 p.m.

All great ideas her gang. The rx8 will most likely be what replaces the mr2 once we have kids and having a back seat is a good idea. So haven't acquired one yet. My thought is to work out a budget with her that let's me buy a corvette and build a v8 rx8 inatead

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse HalfDork
5/9/13 12:04 p.m.

The sound.

Find a video of a rotary engine. Then find a video of a V-8 engine. Have her listen to each, blindfolded. Ask her which one she prefers.

I haven't met a girl yet who'd turn down the throaty rumble of a 'Murican pushrod V8 for some ferrin' spinning triangle.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sNLpKAB4qQzNEDDUjfK3JyT0DZ9VUy8ERK0z0DZX4lQKBTpVrlZFmmZJloojoPpz