1 2 3
Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
5/9/13 12:05 p.m.
volvoclearinghouse wrote: The sound. Find a video of a rotary engine. Then find a video of a V-8 engine. Have her listen to each, blindfolded. Ask her which one she prefers.

Mine would choose the rotary, hands down.

For whatever that's worth.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
5/9/13 12:06 p.m.

Explain to her how you need a mistress (or anal) but would settle for a V8.

jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
5/9/13 12:19 p.m.

Yeah, that'd go over big.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Dork
5/9/13 12:20 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: My wife would ask "why would you buy one without a V8 in the first place?" So I can't help.

This, in spades. My wife refuses to admit a car with a V6 should be called a Mustang.

ValuePack
ValuePack SuperDork
5/9/13 12:28 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: Explain to her how you need a mistress (or anal) but would settle for a V8.

I want to see this as a vegetable juice commercial on tv.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
5/9/13 12:29 p.m.
singleslammer wrote: My wife is the most frugal person on the planet. All her shoes cost less than 30 dollars

Less than $20 here. Wife hates "fashion".

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
5/9/13 12:35 p.m.
ValuePack wrote:
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: Explain to her how you need a mistress (or anal) but would settle for a V8.

"Honey either give up the ass or fetch me a V8, would ya"?

I'm betting 99% of the time you are getting tomato juice.

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/9/13 12:38 p.m.

"You can't teach a cat algebra so don't try."

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
5/9/13 12:41 p.m.

The sound aspect is good. She will like that. Not enough to drop 12k on Keith's potential swap kit though.

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
5/9/13 12:43 p.m.

Thanks GPS, always have some quality input don't you.

My wife loves fashion but buys EVERYTHING on clearance.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
5/9/13 12:51 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
ValuePack wrote:
"Honey either give up the ass or fetch me a V8, would ya"? I'm betting 99% of the time you are getting tomato juice.

I'm betting 99% of the time you're getting slapped, followed by a week on the couch and a month of no sex... unless she's into it.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
5/9/13 12:53 p.m.

show her this...

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
5/9/13 12:58 p.m.
crankwalk wrote: "You can't teach a cat algebra so don't try."

Sky_Render
Sky_Render Dork
5/9/13 12:59 p.m.
ultraclyde wrote: This, in spades. My wife refuses to admit a car with a V6 should be called a Mustang.

It shouldn't.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 HalfDork
5/9/13 1:18 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
ValuePack wrote:
"Honey either give up the ass or fetch me a V8, would ya"? I'm betting 99% of the time you are getting tomato juice.

the IT guys are gonna be PISSED when i take my work computer back in for service. i just spent time wiping diet mt dew off of it. after i shot it out my nose.

that E36 M3 was funny!!!!

my mental health consumers think ive lost it.......

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
5/9/13 1:19 p.m.

In my case: "Because single-income family."

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse HalfDork
5/9/13 1:38 p.m.

How is a V8 engine swap 12K? I'm thinking...

$800 - wrecked Fox body with 302 and T5 -$200 salvage value for the wrecked, drivetrain-less chassis $200 driveshaft $200 exhaust fab $100 steel $50 engine/ trans mounts $18.52 Case of Yuengling

V8 Mazda!

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
5/9/13 1:44 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
singleslammer wrote: My wife is the most frugal person on the planet. All her shoes cost less than 30 dollars
Less than $20 here. Wife hates "fashion".

I don't even wear shoes. Them E36 M3s are too expensive and for Bob Costas.

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/9/13 1:47 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote:
crankwalk wrote: "You can't teach a cat algebra so don't try."

Set myself up for that. Kudos

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Reader
5/9/13 1:52 p.m.

My wife would say " what's an rx8, oh that's pretty, do whatever"

Then, on the other hand I would have to have the money and learn how to actually accomplish stuff like that lol

RossD
RossD UberDork
5/9/13 1:54 p.m.

This reminds me of the 'why are boobs good' scene in Joe Dirt

Klayfish
Klayfish Dork
5/9/13 2:09 p.m.
singleslammer wrote: The rx8 will most likely be what replaces the mr2 once we have kids and having a back seat is a good idea.

Wait, what? Are you planning on having Cabbage Patch Kids size children? Ever seen the back seat of an RX8? Ever seen the size of a car seat/carrier/thingy? Minivan is the answer...c'mon....you know it...

t25torx
t25torx New Reader
5/9/13 2:23 p.m.
Klayfish wrote:
singleslammer wrote: The rx8 will most likely be what replaces the mr2 once we have kids and having a back seat is a good idea.
Wait, what? Are you planning on having Cabbage Patch Kids size children? Ever seen the back seat of an RX8? Ever seen the size of a car seat/carrier/thingy? Minivan is the answer...c'mon....you know it...

The GTO has a huge back seat, if you can wait the 30 seconds it takes for the electric slider to move the seat forward. I'm 5'11" and with my seat in m,y regular driving position I could get another adult behind my seat with plenty of legroom. It like the backkseat of an 80's G-Body GM, minus the velour.

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
5/9/13 2:33 p.m.
Klayfish wrote: Bigger is better? Or tell her there's no fashion runway for her to walk down, so why does she need those $150 pair of shoes?

let me know how that works out for ya

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
5/9/13 2:37 p.m.
Klayfish wrote:

This guy needs to be shot.

This is for me as a second car. She will be getting a wagon of some sort.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bXNzRHbuGO4RDTJ6E5Ddwe28sAcYFku1Q9dz32v9Ft40RmMsFTIwxTI39BVe3prU