Paris Van Gorder
Paris Van Gorder Associate editor
10/21/24 12:37 p.m.
feature_image

When I first sat behind the wheel of our Volkswagen Golf GTI, I didn’t think autocross could hook me more than it had. Boy, was I wrong.

[From behind the scenes to behind the wheel]

Martin Sports Car Club recently held yet another autocross in Orlando, giving me and David the perfect chance for one last run in the …

Read the rest of the story

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/21/24 12:39 p.m.

Look at that smile. :) 

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
10/21/24 1:00 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

I know this will sound really obvious to a lot of people, but it was really eye-opening and super awesome that you can pretty much just show up to a parking lot and then drive the snot out of your car for a few minutes, and then drive home.

10/10 would recommend. wink

RacerBoy75
RacerBoy75 Reader
10/21/24 2:50 p.m.

Starting out in something new can be hard, so good for you, Paris! Keep at it, and you'll be going quicker than you thought possible before you know it.

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
10/21/24 2:52 p.m.
Colin Wood said:

I know this will sound really obvious to a lot of people, but it was really eye-opening and super awesome that you can pretty much just show up to a parking lot and then drive the snot out of your car for a few minutes, and then drive home.

This is where we are at with the Foxbody Mustang. No unloading the trailer, loading the car back up just show up drive around and then hop in and go home. It's a fun day.

theruleslawyer
theruleslawyer Reader
10/21/24 4:47 p.m.
Colin Wood said:

You just have to get out of there before security or the police show up.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OkDPnm2O31pZ9bmnbsfhp2MZw5NEsLEmi3ABbl0H7dIg5bZ32gpjnuedMAu4bIPN