1 2 3
oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
1/22/13 10:22 a.m.

It looks like February offers the eastern half of the US some ice-box conditions.

http://www.weather.com/video/forecast-for-the-next-3-months-33830

Come on, March..........

kb58
kb58 HalfDork
1/22/13 10:34 a.m.

Going to be 78 deg out here in SoCal, now that the unseasonable cold spell has moved east

toad9977
toad9977 New Reader
1/22/13 10:39 a.m.
Feedyurhed wrote:
toad9977 wrote: -8 by me with -25 windchill. And I amsuposed to be on a boat collecting sediment samples.... Why did I chose to live in Wisconsin?
Doesn't water freeze at 32 degrees?

You are correct sir. Currently where I am working they are dredging and the excavators have been removing ice from the water to "make our lives easier." It's no fun motoring around in a boat with littel ice bergs all around you.

On a side note, the Honda 50HP outboard is a tank. Hasn't spit water for about a week and still runs like a champ.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic HalfDork
1/22/13 11:41 a.m.

I was driving last night, my winter blend wiper fluid was freezing on the windshield. Roads were ok once I got east of Ann Arbor, but it was just as cold.

AndreGT6
AndreGT6 Dork
1/22/13 11:49 a.m.

They are calling for -38C tonight with the windchill.

My garage heater ran for almost 5 hours to keep the place above freezing.

daytonaer
daytonaer HalfDork
1/22/13 12:10 p.m.

High of 8 today, since its my day off I'm doing shoddy rust patching on the jeep to limp it through inspection.

In other news, this weekend is the local boyscouts polar bear weekend, they will be camping in tents!

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
1/22/13 12:12 p.m.

I'm glad the Durango has a gear reduction starter, otherwise it may not have started this morning.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 HalfDork
1/22/13 12:21 p.m.

heh. it was 60 somethin here yesterday. i turned on my ac to cool the car off when i left work.

and then rode home with the windows down and did some painting outside.

i grews up in kane, pa. snow. lots of snow. i dont miss it.

if it snows more than once a year here, ill contemplate moving to costa rica.

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
1/22/13 12:30 p.m.

yeah, it was 55° here yesterday .... this morning it was 16°... glad I'm headed for Daytona tomorrow morning

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/22/13 12:33 p.m.

Made it to 15. Snowing now...

mtn
mtn PowerDork
1/22/13 12:42 p.m.

I love the cold, but this is too cold. I want it to be about 20-25. Also, I must be the only one here, but I want snow. A lot. As in, snowpacolypse.

NOHOME
NOHOME Dork
1/22/13 1:01 p.m.

It's colder than a woman's heart outside.

My shop on the other hand, is nice and toasty warm.Except for the beer fridge area

Run_Away
Run_Away GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/22/13 1:23 p.m.

-30 Celsius this morning, -42 with the wind!

My civic wasn't too impressed. http://youtu.be/iouoDcpizVU

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
1/22/13 1:50 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote:
Tom_Spangler wrote: -3 F according to the truck this morning. I thought of you technology-hating Luddites when I fired it up with remote start as soon as I got out of the shower.
Butt warmers are a wonderful thing! So is the ability to start my car with my phone...from the basement...in another state if need be

It's called a garage. It's really nice. Y'all should get one.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
1/22/13 1:55 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
4cylndrfury wrote:
Tom_Spangler wrote: -3 F according to the truck this morning. I thought of you technology-hating Luddites when I fired it up with remote start as soon as I got out of the shower.
Butt warmers are a wonderful thing! So is the ability to start my car with my phone...from the basement...in another state if need be

Yeah, my garage is just as cold as it is outside. Just without the wind.

golfduke
golfduke New Reader
1/22/13 2:01 p.m.

I got one of those newfangled indoor/outdoor thermometer clocks for Christmas. At 6:30 this morning, it read 3 outside and 21 inside the garage... The worst part is that I have a commercial-grade unit heater that my dad gave me as it was a return from a job he was foreman on and it couldn't be restocked. Of course, it's been sitting in the box being neglected for a full year. Maybe I should get off my arse and hook it up someday...

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/22/13 2:03 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
4cylndrfury wrote:

Oh, I have one. But it's unheated. No biggie, open the door and start the truck. From my kitchen.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
1/22/13 4:33 p.m.

Bad news: It ain't any warmer down here. 17 degrees when I got up this morning. Good news is, those beers I forgot to bring in these morning are nice and cold for the ride home!

Gasoline
Gasoline Dork
1/22/13 4:33 p.m.

I went to Wal-Mart 2 months ago and bought some neat Wall's insulated bib's and they fit me great (2XL tall-hard to find). I was hoping there would be a day frosty enough to use them here in Atlanta. Not yet. Sux, I like cold weather.

I am disappointed they really need to go back to Wal-Mart.

Nitroracer
Nitroracer SuperDork
1/22/13 9:54 p.m.

I parked the camaro in a parking lot near my house after getting most of the way home last night. Cleared all of the snow off of it tonight after work and it threw the serpentine belt. I was wondering why the wipers were moving so slow. I'll try to get it home again. Eventually.

16" of snow yesterday. More today and tomorrow! Single digits today in Erie.

novaderrik
novaderrik UltraDork
1/22/13 9:57 p.m.

(looks at calendar)

what are you all crying about?

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
1/23/13 4:05 a.m.

The crazy part of me wants to get the bike out and ride. I routinely convince myself to wait till 40. But just barely.

mdshaw
mdshaw New Reader
1/23/13 4:35 a.m.

I just ordered a Kozy World 30,000 btu Natural gas heater for the garage. The little electric can't keep up.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
1/23/13 4:51 a.m.

Was in Phoenix for the past week celebrating great grandmas milestone birthday. Nearly 80. Get off the plane and hello sux0rs.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/23/13 5:23 a.m.

As I was telling my sister last night, right now is why I put up with the Texas summer. 71 yesterday and up to 80 degrees by the end of the week.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Mg2jiKCnyrniyByYVL5wjB9MOPXAP3xhiKcNjQo5lLatgKbwZVBBU1qjHZoDe6ur