1 ... 3 4 5 6
dculberson (Forum Supporter)
dculberson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/30/20 10:31 a.m.

I think the Consulier has some awkwardness to it, but it's more a "function over form" kind of car. They were absolutely nuts for the time period, peak track performance out of a tiny 4 cylinder. So I look at them and think "amazing tool" not so much "ugly car." I've always regretted not picking up one when they were blowing out the demo models.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
4/30/20 10:38 a.m.
Trent (Generally supportive dude) said:

Infiniti has made some cars with varying degrees of blandness and unpleasantness but every time I see the beluga whale looking or the bubble shaped SUVs I am struck by the fact that they are the ugliest things currently on the road

My sister used to have a FX35. I called it the Bloatus. It was a bunch of weird, ungainly bulbulous shapes that somehow handled ok. Also, the Infiniti full-sizers are freaking ODD.

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie None
4/30/20 10:49 a.m.

In reply to Old_Town :

What kind of pickup truck is that? wink

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie New Reader
4/30/20 10:50 a.m.
Old_Town said:

I know, I know function over form but...

This one. Such a strange pickup truck. 

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
4/30/20 11:12 a.m.

[insert every Tesla ever sans the Lotus based one]

[insert every modern CUV]

mainlandboy
mainlandboy Reader
4/30/20 11:13 a.m.
stroker said:

Page 4 and no Azteks yet?

There's one on the very first page! cheeky

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/30/20 12:32 p.m.
DirtyBird222 said:

Oh no, how dare you.  I came home from NAIAS in 07 telling my wife that the  single best looking car at the show, regardless of price, was the C30.  I ordered mine early in 08 and picked it up in Sweden in late June 08.  I"ve still got it 120K miles later.  It's still hands down the best looking car that's been offered for sale below $40K this century and the interior is the best interior this century at any price.  This is a stand out car for what Design can be.  As a result of this car I've now owned three Volvos.  It, and they, are simply awesome cars.

Mine

In the mag

In the staging area at the Nurburgring when it was 3-4 days old.

Autocrossing

As I say, this is the best looking car sold on this continent until you get up to the price point of the first gen Aston Vantage, not the appauling thing they sell these days.

buzzboy
buzzboy Dork
4/30/20 12:37 p.m.

I've decided that everybody's opinions are wrong except my own.

I'm also throwing 12th gen Olds 98 into the ring

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
4/30/20 12:47 p.m.

The first generation Nissan Pathfinder Armada makes me think that whoever designed the center and the back were not on speaking terms - look at that roofline.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
4/30/20 1:18 p.m.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
4/30/20 1:19 p.m.

Aside from the maxima (just barely) Nissan makes the ugliest garbage ever unleashed. Infinity too. 

I hear that there is a problem with all the bees disappearing. I have a hunch that Nissan is taking all the bees. How else do you explain that swollen, bloated, lumpy, hateful looking front end? Looks like it's been stung. Seriously, how do 18" wheels look so dinky?

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
4/30/20 1:21 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) said:
DirtyBird222 said:

Oh no, how dare you.  I came home from NAIAS in 07 telling my wife that the  single best looking car at the show, regardless of price, was the C30.  I ordered mine early in 08 and picked it up in Sweden in late June 08.  I"ve still got it 120K miles later.  It's still hands down the best looking car that's been offered for sale below $40K this century and the interior is the best interior this century at any price.  This is a stand out car for what Design can be.  As a result of this car I've now owned three Volvos.  It, and they, are simply awesome cars.

Mine

In the mag

In the staging area at the Nurburgring when it was 3-4 days old.

Autocrossing

As I say, this is the best looking car sold on this continent until you get up to the price point of the first gen Aston Vantage, not the appauling thing they sell these days.

Fist Bump OHY!!!!

racerdave600
racerdave600 UltraDork
4/30/20 1:40 p.m.

Some of you have odd ideas about bad looking.  I give to you the Pacer Wagon, bonus points if it had fake wood sides.

Tom1200
Tom1200 Dork
4/30/20 1:44 p.m.

I'm a life long Datsun & sometimes Nissan guy and their styling does seem very origami if not full on Mr Sparkle.

dculberson (Forum Supporter)
dculberson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/30/20 1:48 p.m.

In reply to DirtyBird222 :

Tesla? Volvo C30? Ugliest? Sir, I do NOT wish to subscribe to your design newsletter.

purplepeopleeater
purplepeopleeater Reader
4/30/20 1:55 p.m.

In reply to RacetruckRon :

In khaki brown with a rear-mounted  machine gun.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
4/30/20 2:19 p.m.

I'm not sure if it's ugly or just odd, but I'm going to post an Aston Martin Lagonda.

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/30/20 2:54 p.m.

In reply to MadScientistMatt :

Oh it's ugly alright, but it transcends normal ugly by being so ugly it's cool in a 4th grade school book doodle sort of way.

Tom1200
Tom1200 Dork
4/30/20 3:07 p.m.

Oh no I'm the car equivalent of a chubby chaser....................I really like some of these ugly cars, I feel so shallow for having sucha fetish.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
4/30/20 6:44 p.m.

Three points I've noticed:  A pacer is not nearly as ungainly as it used to be.  Park it beside any 90's 00's suv, and the windows look perfectly normal.  Two, a Volvo C30 has very few people who have a "Meh" reaction.  You love it, or you hate it.  Very little middle ground.  Three... three... 59 year old brain syndrome.  I'll edit at 2:30 this morning when it comes back.

Edit:  Came back when I looked at the Olds 98 with the wrong wheel arches on the back.  Wheel arches should be roughly the shape of the wheel.  Not covering the top, not square.  The GM little truck does the same thing as the homely Toyota below.  Stop it.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
4/30/20 6:44 p.m.
dculberson (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to DirtyBird222 :

Tesla? Volvo C30? Ugliest? Sir, I do NOT wish to subscribe to your design newsletter.

That's fine, you're entitled to your own opinion; however, those cars are all ugly as sin. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
4/30/20 7:43 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

Edit:  Came back when I looked at the Olds 98 with the wrong wheel arches on the back.  Wheel arches should be roughly the shape of the wheel.  Not covering the top, not square.  The GM little truck does the same thing as the homely Toyota below.  Stop it.

Also, the wheel should be centered in the wheel well front to back.  Top to bottom if its a car without a ton of travel.  This drives me nuts:  Notice how the rear wheel has ~1" gap in front of it, but 2" gap behind it.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
4/30/20 8:20 p.m.

I would take one of everything in this thread before I would like to open the door to the garage and see oe of these travesties 

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie New Reader
4/30/20 8:24 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) said:

Customised (ruined) 1954 Silver Wraith1954-Rolls-Royce-Custom.jpg

67654942-770-0@2X.jpg

If you want to pimp ugly with a Rolls you are going to want the one with six wheels. 

spandak
spandak HalfDork
4/30/20 8:25 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

Don't tell the stanced VW guys

1 ... 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cJ6TyxX6QQZH9ObBpFsNNRXROLOfZRFXFHIxGXYbaIoxbf7cyY0JlEVEVToNlu7k